Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flamel College and IAG

+2
deviadah
taceyoto
6 posters

Go down

Flamel College and IAG Empty Flamel College and IAG

Post  taceyoto Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Hello, in my search for Alchemical Knowledge I came acros the Flamel College's home study course on Alchemy and was wondering if anyone had taken it and could share insight into how well it is. I am interested in taking it and would love any information from an actual student of it. Just a heads up on how good or bad it is. Also, Anyone here a member of the International Alchemy Guild? They are kind of hand in hand so I wondered about thier credentials as well. Thanks for anything!
taceyoto
taceyoto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Flamel College and IAG Empty Re: Flamel College and IAG

Post  deviadah Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:44 pm

Some links for those wondering what taceyoto is talking about:

Flamel College
Flamel College Library
IAG, The

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  taceyoto Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:46 pm

My apologies for not including links, lesson learned!
taceyoto
taceyoto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:51 pm

No worries...

I don't think anyone here is a member of IAG, although I have sent them an e-mail invitation!

Sometimes Alchemy can be just as Elitist as any other organisation or ism... which is a shame. I have nothing against IAG... yet. Would be nice if someone from there would turn up amongst us common folks.

As for taking the courses you might find a member here that has done that, although I don't know who... I seem to recall someone was talking about it...

Confused
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Flamel College and IAG Empty IAG and Flamel College

Post  taceyoto Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:53 am

Well, if no one has I reckon I will and then let everyone know. I have a fierce sense of loyatly ( as long as I am not betrayed, I have a zero tolerance policy for betrayal) so I was here first, and will remain as long as this forum stands. When I join, I will always be an active member here if I can.
taceyoto
taceyoto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:06 am

taceyoto wrote:When I join, I will always be an active member here if I can.
Nice!

Third Eye

And we are happy to have you here!

LOL
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Flamel College and IAG Empty Re:Flamel College and IAG

Post  Arcanium Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 am

Has anybody looked at these
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/bookshop/study_course.html
I'm also really interested in taking a study course.
Arcanium
Arcanium
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  spectre Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:09 am

This is an old post but for those who're still wondering, I found very negative reviews of the online Flamel College courses (and there are other online alchemy courses called by different names but still the same courses as Flamel College, so people should keep that in mind and compare together). Also, this doesn't put the International Alchemy Guild into a good light since they're associated.

Here's a quote from a former student:

I was just told by a former student that D.W. Hauck [alchemist David William Hauck] is the sole person behind the ETX, International Alchemy Guild, Alchemylab, Flamel College, and Crucible.org. It's like they are all part of a interlinked scam to give the perspective student the illusion of credibility and substance when there is in fact none to be found.

Here's the whole thread: Any of you experience Flamel College Program?
spectre
spectre
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://thearchive.info

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:59 am

There is much free information readily gleamed from the internet, libraries, and occasionally a friend or two. And though it is daunting, I've always felt the quest is something much more personal then the generic proliferation these courses provide. If I would suggest to anyone, I would recommend Adam Mclean's various courses- since he is very adamant about not placing his ideas on the source material, but rather letting it speak for itself. And this is something I find very noble in our over marketed to Davinci Code era.
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  spectre Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Do you know anything about the "International Alchemy Guild" Carabric?
spectre
spectre
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://thearchive.info

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:51 am

I suppose your mileage may vary, but I don't believe any grand secrets would be revealed to you joining this or any of the guilds/schools/courses taught online. IAG obviously receives money to be involved in their activities- the going rate being anywhere from $30-$125 if you want a lifetime membership. Of course beyond this you'd need supplies, books, herbs, glassware etc that they recommend you use for their experiments... and the recommended place to purchase all of this is from crucible.org which is owned by IAG. None of this makes them bad or untrustworthy, universities do this and people go on to have careers in their field of interest.
It more or less comes down to what goals you have regarding alchemy, and how you choose to interpret alchemy. I am of the opinion that what they, and all of the schools found online teach, is not alchemy but rather a pseudo chemistry with tinges of metaphysical meanderings. I know it sounds harsh- but I don't mean this as an insult if anyone follows or ascribes to this type of belief, these are just my opinions and observations. More often then not you are given a second hand interpretation of historical text, or you may be guided by experiments/ideas that may or may not be alchemical in nature that are derived from random experimentation (Kunkin's rock comes to mind). To me alchemy is a personal religion, I would no more ascribe to another persons interpretation then I would consult a priest, rabbi, guru, or holy man to tell me about God. It's not to say that I have not benefited from the ideas of other people, but for the most part this is a solo gig. Read, compare, find your theories in more then one treatise, book, or person- and make sure it complies with nature. It's easy to be duped in the beginning, don't be so ready to separate with your money, time, or labor. Adam provides so much free information, and even though he can be a bit cantankerous- in my mind he is something of a small saint.
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:26 am

I am both a student of Flamel College and IAG. Yes, it is run by Dennis Hauck. I'm using it more as a guiding program while still doing my own research.

It should be known to anyone interested in starting this Art, the only person that can truly teach it is the student. It is a very personal journey and I've found with any philosophy (it's the same with hypnosis), if the mind rejects the notion then it will not be real to the native. However, I can also say that without some guidance in the right direction, the ancient and antique texts most commonly associated with alchemy are undecipherable. I recently had a conversation with a Lodge Brother ignorant to any of the processes of alchemy but has been reading Jung and Paracelsus. While he's very intuitive and intelligent, he admits that his understanding of some more allegorical texts such as Pymander is quite limited.

I think that Flamel College does a good job of creating a jump off point, but if you really want to grow as an alchemist you do need to do your own research. That being said, the only negative thing I can think of regarding the school and IAG is their timing. Their response time and shipping of materials is delayed to the point of frustration.
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down