Alchemy & The Mushroom (Amanita)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alchemy & The Mushroom (Amanita)

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:12 pm

Haha, I just realized something interesting while looking at a picture of an Amanita Muscaria mushroom. Please notice the red and white colors.

Take a look at this my friends!

EDIT: Just as I posted this something weird happened. I was watching discovery channel and a program mentioned "Mushroom Rock" just as I posted this!!! What a strange synchronicity! Third Eye

Last edited by on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Garden of the world near the new city, In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub, Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Alchemy & The Mushroom (Amanita)

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:26 pm

Source: Wikipedia - Amanita Muscaria

There are also claims that A. muscaria played in important role in a number of ancient religious rites, though these claims tend to be speculative and highly controversial. The best known of these claims is R. Gordon Wasson's proposition that A. muscaria was the Soma talked about in Rig Veda of India,[52] and is less often also thought to be the amrita talked about in Buddhist scriptures.[58] (For more details on this topic, see Botanical identity of Soma-Haoma.)
Could this mean that Crowley's AMRITA text was actually referencing a specific Amanita species or Amanita Muscaria itself?

Except from AMRITA:

But we have found the Super-food. We know a vehicle of which a few grains can house enough pure light to fill a man not only with nourishment, but with Energy almost superhuman, and parallel, Intelligence incredibly sun-bright for four-and twenty hours. That substance is theoretically easy, but practically hard to obtain. In England and America it would be impossible to procure any
quantity even of the raw material, at least in strength and purity; much less to prepare it. We know how to charge this substance with the Life-force. The process is at present laborious and expensive; great skill is required, and much precaution for errors in preparation are hard to detect, and may result in hideous mischance.
It is now six years since we gained our knowledge. They have been crowded with experiment; we are arrived at the practical stage. We cannot understand the true Nature of this force; we cannot measure it; we cannot create it, or obtain it synthetically. But we can purify and intensify it; we can, within wide limits, determine at will the quality and scope of its action; we can postpone death, increase energy, or prolong youth; and we are justified in saying that we possess the Elixir of Life
Sadly we know Amanita does not bring the user physical immortality.

Back to the Wikipedia text on Amanita:

The British writer Robert Graves theorizes in a preface to his book, The Greek Myths, that the Dionysian rites were conducted under the influence of this mushroom.[59] John Marco Allegro argues in The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross that the Christian religion is derived from a sex and psychedelic mushroom cult,[60], although his theory has found little support by scholars outside the field of ethnomycology. In Magic Mushrooms in Religion and Alchemy (formerly called Strange Fruit) Clark Heinrich interprets A. muscaria usage by Adam and Eve, Moses, Elijah and Elisha, Isiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Jesus and his disciples, and John of Patmos.[61] In the book Apples of Apollo the mushroom is identified in a wide range of mythological tales such as those involving Perseus, Prometheus, Heracles, Jason and the Argonauts, Jesus and the Holy Grail.[62]
I've known about this for a few years, but I never really connected the dots up until now.

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

It will be seized and plunged into the Tub, Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Atlantis and the Magic Mushroom

Moses, 9/11 and Magic Mushroom
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:15 pm

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! What the hell!

I knew the mushroom was connected to religion in some way, but I didn't know it was THAT connected. This is truly amazing.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:37 pm

What is the anatomical (self-contained) red and white daemons?
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:50 pm

I don't understand what you mean LadyHydralisk?

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:14 am

In regards to the white and red colorscheme I may be stretching it a little, but I thought of this right away:

Ambros Prophesies to King Vortigern, a 15th century manuscript, Lambeth Palace.

As a youth, Ambros/Merlin foretells that the red dragon - the British kings leading up to King Arthur - will defeat the white dragon - the invading Saxons.

Third Eye

Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:07 am

Or this:
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  taceyoto on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:13 am

See, Mario knew what he was doing all along...
taceyoto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  m1thr0s on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:41 am

I think Crowley was perfectly clear. Red=blood and White=semen.

I think we want to tread carefully here...it is true that Amanita is very visually red & white but it also happens to be among the more disappointing of mushrooms trancewise...Even the Russian Amanita cults had to process it through the bladder of a cow or yak before it was considered suitable to be injested...it's effects are more narcotic than hallucinogenic. It also comes in other colors - predominently yellow and more rarely white.

I think we should be careful when drawing conclusions too quickly from symbolism.

The images are really beautiful thought!
m1thr0s
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 am

I think we want to tread carefully here...it is true that Amanita is very visually red & white but it also happens to be among the
more disappointing of mushrooms trancewise...Even the Russian Amanita cults had to process it through the bladder of a cow or yak before it was considered suitable to be injested...it's effects are more narcotic than hallucinogenic. It also comes in other colors - predominently yellow and more rarely white.

The shaman's in various tribes would purify the Amanita's for the rest of the tribe by consuming them and then urinating. The rest of the tribe would consume this urine in order to achieve the psychoactive effects without any discomforting body load. The ibotenic acid would decarboxylate to muscimol (the main psychoactive) in the body and would be passed out through urination.

Last edited by BeautifulEvil on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  m1thr0s on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:18 am

I think Crowley was perfectly clear. Red=blood and White=semen.

I
think we want to tread carefully here...it is true that Amanita is very
visually red & white but it also happens to be among the more
disappointing of mushrooms trancewise...Even the Russian Amanita cults
had to process it through the bladder of a cow or yak before it was
considered suitable to be injested...it's effects are more narcotic
than hallucinogenic. It also comes in other colors - predominently
yellow and more rarely white.

I think we should be careful when drawing conclusions too quickly from symbolism.

The images are really beautiful thought!
that's really weird...somebody came in and completely rewrote my comments? Those are not my words...just the outline of the ideas I was raising...

any ideas what's up with that?
m1thr0s
Visita
Visita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:21 am

LOL,

Sorry, I wanted to reply to your post, but I accidently edited it instead!

I haven't had my morning caffeine...

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  m1thr0s on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:23 am

oh...that's actually a lot better than that i might be losing my marbles then...

it's ok...I haven't had mine yet either...

m1
m1thr0s
Visita
Visita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:26 am

I had the middle part of your post copied, because I was planning on replying to that part. However I didn't have the top or bottom of your post copied, I barely remembered the the main points of the top and bottom of your post. Embarassed

I tried to repair it as much as possible, hoping nobody would notice, BUT you did. What the hell!

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  m1thr0s on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:38 pm

it's no problem - so long as i know what happened...

I think the only thing really missing was that I pointed out that the red & white dragons of alchemy have a well-defined history already but I can't seem to remember what they represent...probably because we get conflicting reports on this. red is usually sulfur, white may be salt, or may be a white sulphur, or something else altogether...we might want to really dig that stuff out.

Crowley attempted to transplant the symbolism into sex-magickal terms but I never found his arguments all that compelling personally...an interesting little side-path maybe. Unfortunately it only really serves to confuse the original line of thinking.

m1
m1thr0s
Visita
Visita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk on Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:40 pm

Alchemy is weird.

I think chemistry makes more sense. You know, the atomic number of Oxygen (the third most common element in the universe) is 8.

It says here an alchemist named Ripley said that combining the red and white dragons (in marriage) produces the philosopher's stone.

Princes and Princely Culture, 1450-1650 By Martin Gosman, A. A. (Alasdair A.) MacDonald, Arie Johan Vanderjagt

"Q. When the Philosophers
speak of gold and silver, from which they extract their matter, are we
to suppose that they refer to the vulgar gold and silver?
A. By no means; vulgar silver and gold are dead, while those of the Philosophers are full of life."

- Alchemical Catechism, Parcelsus

I overlooked the red and white dragon symbolism in alchemy, however, this didn't stop me from having vivid conversations with first the white dragon and then the red dragon, after getting married to the black dragon. Afterwards, imagined quite lucidly in the black depths of my veins (it's dark in there) that the red and the white dragons were only red and white blood cells, and I was encountering their macrocosmic forms. Once applying the star model to upgrade the lowest form of the body I think we may begin to see improvements in the function of these (and other) cells. Recalling that the red blood cells entire function is to carry the third most common element in the universe with a count of 8, well, it's kind of interesting.

Alchemy is difficult to research because everyone was so vague and secretive as to be wholly counterproductive. I think this is an illness of humankind, since what have we got for it? The Manhattan project went forward without these archaic and quaint "secrets"

One of my favorite quotes from Crowley, which I read this year is "All of this secrecy is very silly" and it is! We're still wasting time trying to decipher this damned stuff 100-200 years later or however long it was.

And just because someone was ancient doesn't make them intelligent.

okwell that was a lot of ranting, but I felt like saying it, so, you know....whatever.
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  m1thr0s on Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:54 pm

red & white blood cells? that's pretty good...I hadn't even considered that angle.

makes perfect sense to me.

I also think that all the elitist secrecy surrounding european alchemy has been a devestating miscalculation and in any case it doesn't work in the information age. To begin with, there is no longer any justifiable need for it from the standpoint of self-defense, or, if instead, we are presuming to protect the ignorant from themselves, then I think we have succumbed to a police-state mentality and would be better off to trust to the laws of nature itself in this regard. Sure...some will harm themselves. People will harm themselves and others in any case and this is neither here nor there.

We are under a certain time pressure in this world and I for one haven't got the time or inclination to spend half my life trying to unlock some encrypted jargon that in all probability contains very little real substance anyway...more often than not we are better off to go at these issues from scratch.

I do assume in this however, that some will persist in this in any case and that's probably all to the good. I won't be among them personally, but I will always be willing to check in with them from time to time.

m1
m1thr0s
Visita
Visita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:21 pm

hmm. I didn't mention that to you?

Well I was thinking black=carbon/charcoal

and as you know carbon=diamond

Which is cool consider your term for the glittery light that surrounds the mirrors. ahahahahha

Who knows what they really were thinking, it's not really useful to me to know.

Everyone likes mushrooms though, right? I cook with white wood ears and portobello mostly....that's about it...shiitake too....they have about two dozen other strange varieties at the asian market I shop at.

When spread out they look like vishnu's disc....
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:20 pm

m1thr0s wrote:red & white blood cells? that's pretty good...I hadn't even considered that angle.
Yeah LH sometimes you just pull a magic rabbit out of the hat!

Thanks for this fact... sometimes you are a muse!

LOL

Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:30 pm

"At each of the cakras are red and white "drops" (thig le, bindu) which are bases for mental health. The white drops are more numerous at the top of the head, while the red drops are more common at the solar plexus. The origins of these drops are the white and red substances one inherits from one's father and mother, respectively. At the time of conception, white matter from the father's sperm and red matter from the mother form the nucleus of the zygote, and the matter one recieves from them at conception resides at the heart in awhat is called the "indestructible drop", which is th size of a small pea. It is white at the top and red at the bottom, and it is called 'indestructible' because it remains until death."
[...] skipping to. pg 298

"The Dalai Lama states that when the eighty conceptual thoughts together with the winds or energies that serve as their mounts dissolve, the internal sign is that a white appearance dawns; this is the mind of radiant white appearance. It is compared to a clear autumn sky filled with just moonlight. "
"The mind of white appearance in turn dissolves into a suubtlr mind, the 'mind of red increase.' this occurs when the upper and lower winds come together at the heart and the winds enter the drop at the heart. According to the Dalai lama, this is "Compared to a clear autumn sky filled with just reddish or orange sunlight." A person who abides in this state and recognizes the red light as a manifestation of mind can transmute it into the form of a complete enjoyment body buddha; if this does not occur, he or she moves on to the next phase. The mind of red increase now dissolves into the "mind of black near-attainment, in which all one percieves is a void filled with blackness. The sign of this mind is a void filled with dense darkness, followed by a feeling of faintness. this occurs when all winds dissolve into the very subtle life sustaining wind i the indestructible drop at the heart. One then experiences a clear void that is free from the previous white, red, and black appearances and is referred to as the mind of clear light"
Inroduction to Tibetan Buddhism by John Powers

Thanks Dev!!! Smile Sometimes the bunny is the one doing the pulling too. Confused
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto on Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:45 am

I had heard some funny and interesting things about Amanita in a recorded dialog by Terrence McKenna.

In Norse mythology supposedly there is a tree at the top of the world, named Ygdrasil or something, an Ash tree. These mushrooms can be found at the base of these trees. Also red & white are the colors of Santa Clause. A shaman who flies through the sky delivering gifts to children all over the world in one night. And this Santa is assisted by a merry group of elves who make these amazing gifts. There are many stories of shared psychedelic experiences where elves and such are witnessed. Also Santa is the master of Reindeer. In Siberia, reindeer are known to knock people out of the way to get at the urine of the mushroom eater.
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top