Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giordano Bruno

2 posters

Go down

Giordano Bruno Empty Giordano Bruno

Post  deviadah Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:38 pm

I am not that knowledgeable on Giordano Bruno, but I thought a thread on this forgotten philosopher is the least I can do. Perhaps some of you will be able to add some stuff to this.

The Heroic Frenzies by Giordano Bruno
Complete works of Bruno

Giordano Bruno Statue+gb+rome-w

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Giordano Bruno Empty Re: Giordano Bruno

Post  Anibis Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:46 am

The work of Frances Yates is very important in this regard. Her books 'Giordano Bruno and the Hermetic Tradition', and 'The Art of Memory', are both excellent. Also, John Crowley's Tetradology, The Aegypt Cycle (Aegypt, Love and Sleep, Daemonomania, Endless Things) is a marvelous work of magic realism which features Bruno, Dee, and Shakespeare as major characters juxtaposed with a modern-day narrative. The structure of the books is interesting, since each of the 4 books has 3 parts, following the order of the decanates of the zodiac. The result is an alchemical 'memory mansion' which depicts a full-circle of transformations. cool stuff.
-A-
Anibis
Anibis
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Http://forums.abrahadabra.com

Back to top Go down

Giordano Bruno Empty Yates

Post  deviadah Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:48 am

I don't know how many times I've held the Yates books in my hands thinking about buying them, but I always opted for something else. I have read quotes from them in other books and they seem to be good!

I guess I will have to get them now!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Giordano Bruno Empty Re: Giordano Bruno

Post  Sponsored content