Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

New Member Empty New Member

Post  Israel Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Hello all.

I'm a novice to the study of alchemy itself but I've been a Freemason for going on three years now, and the philosophy behind both is very similar. My goal is to learn practical forms of "magic" including predictive Astrology (which I'm finding is intricately woven with alchemy), Herbalism, and Hypnosis. I've been studying the "occult" for a little over two years, but have always viewed these sciences with awe. I've found that, from what I've learned so far, Philosophical Alchemy fits perfectly with my own personal philosophy. The goal now is to learn practical alchemy.

I hope to have some engaging and stimulating conversations here and looking forward to meeting you all.

Israel
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:47 pm

Welcome Israel!

I'm excited that we have a Freemason on the board. I've studied Freemasonry for a few years, and I've also thought about joining.

The goal now is to learn practical alchemy.
Yes, practical alchemy should indeed be the end goal for every psychological/philosophical alchemist. It's really the final step.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:30 pm

I also wanted to say that in "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike, he mentions the Philosopher's Stone in very veiled & cryptic phrases. I wish I could get more of the new Freemasonry material, but yeah. If you have the book, just start searching for mention of gold. The degree "Knight of the Sun, or Prince Adept" is basically an alchemy degree. Check out this chapter, it's interesting.

If you look at page 777 in Morals and Dogma, you will read this:

"He who possesses the Grand Arcanum is a genuine King, and more than a king, for he is inaccessible to all fear and all empty hopes. In all maladies of soul and body, a single particle from the precious stone, a single grain of the divine powder, is more than sufficient to cure him. 'Let him hear, who hath ears to hear !' the Master said."
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:44 pm

Interestingly enough, Freemasonry is replete with Alchemical influence. I'm seeing it more and more as I learn alchemy.

We learn from Masonic tradition that the two pillars in the front of Solomon's temple were hollow to maintain the records and archives of Masonry against floods. In Alchemical tradition we learn that the Emerald Tablet was found in a pillar as well - in a temple dedicated to Hermes. These temples were often found in Phoenicia, which is precisely where King Hiram, the man who supplied the labor and materials for Solomon's temple, was from - as well as Hiram Abiff, the architect and designer of that temple. The goal of both Masonry and Alchemy is to create the perfect Stone.
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:33 am

We learn from Masonic tradition that the two pillars in the front of Solomon's temple were hollow to maintain the records and archives of Masonry against floods. In Alchemical tradition we learn that the Emerald Tablet was found in a pillar as well - in a temple dedicated to Hermes.
What an interesting coincidence. I'd have to dig down into the history more to really see if these are related, but it's a good story.

Interestingly enough, if you ask a knowledgeable Rabbi about the white powder of gold, they will tell you they have knowledge of the mysterious substance, but they'll also say the knowledge to produce this powder has been lost since the destruction of the temple of Solomon. Atleast, that's the story I heard.

I once asked a 32nd degree Freemason about the white powder of gold. He said he has never heard of such a thing. Perhaps he didn't really understand the teachings behind his degrees, or he didn't want to release the info. Regardless, I'm sure this knowledge is known to the higher degrees.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:06 am

BeautifulEvil wrote:
I once asked a 32nd degree Freemason about the white powder of gold. He said he has never heard of such a thing. Perhaps he didn't really understand the teachings behind his degrees, or he didn't want to release the info. Regardless, I'm sure this knowledge is known to the higher degrees.

The difficulty with Masonry is getting our Brothers to return to Lodge meetings on a regular basis, so it's quite possible that his knowledge is quite limited.

I'm not sure which country you're in but in the U.S. there is really only three degrees. Entered Apprentice, Fellow Craft, and Master Mason. In the UK, you must have the fourth degree of York Rite - Mark Master Mason - in order to attend any Grand Lodge meetings.

There are two Rites in Masonry and regardless of which Rite you choose to follow, you must be a Master Mason (i.e. 3rd Degree). The two Rites are York and Scottish. The 32 degrees you referred to above applies only to Scottish Rite. I have gone through York Rite, of which there are three appendant Masonic bodies: Chapter, Council, and Commandery. There are 4 degrees in Chapter, 3 degrees in Council, and Commandery is more militaristic which has three Military Orders including the Order of the Temple. I'm an officer in both Blue Lodge (the first three degrees) and Council. In our meetings, we act out certain scenes to convey different teachings to the initiate. The first three degrees introduce the working tools and the Temple. From there the concentration is based on the Ark of the Covenant.

The white powder of Gold that you mentioned above is the manna bread which Moses and the Hebrews survived on in the desert for 40 years, and which they then reportedly placed inside of the Ark as a memorial - along with Aarons rod; the same rod he used to change into a serpent or snake at the feet of Pharaoh.

Any of the stories we act out in Lodge are pretty much found in history and the Old Testament. I can't get into too many particulars, because then I would be banned from the Fraternity but even Ben Franklin said, "The secret of Freemasonry is that there is no secret".
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah, I was talking about the Scottish rite of Freemasonry. It's really the only rite I'm particularly familiar with, but even then my knowledge is limited since I'm not a member.

The white powder of Gold that you mentioned above is the manna bread which Moses and the Hebrews survived on in the desert for 40 years, and which they then reportedly placed inside of the Ark as a memorial - along with Aarons rod; the same rod he used to change into a serpent or snake at the feet of Pharaoh.

Yes, that's exactly it. You know your stuff! Smile
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi there and WELCOME!

Nice to see a Mason on the board... personally I am a bit off at the moment as my real life is quite busy, but I shall return shortly!

See you then!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content