Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello all

4 posters

Go down

hello all Empty hello all

Post  thisisnecessary Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:35 am

Greetings!

I've come from Occultforums.com where I lurk obsessively when I have nothing else to do, I'm sure some of you know the feeling. But I am here to learn more about Alchemy, as my knowledge is very limited in this area. I have only read I look forward to learning new things with all of you.

A bit about myself, I live in Illinois, in the suburbs south of chicago. I got interested in the occult arts at a young age and still practice and study many different forms of ceremonial magick, I suppose for the sake of labels I fancy myself a chaote. I am a Freemason, and am looking for other Masons on this board to discuss the specifics of what really are the ties between Alchemy and our rituals, especially the Blue Lodge. I am serving as Junior Deacon in my lodge and am always learning as a young mason, especially interested in the more esoteric aspects. For now anyways, I am mainly interested in the practical day to day life application of alchemy, so as I can pair it with my Masonic interests if that's possible, but I've got some learning to do beforehand of course. I also want to explore the importance of Sacred Geometry and what place it might have within the realms of alchemy, if there is any. I will be doing some searching, hopefully starting some topics of my own here!

I also love music and art. When it comes to artwork, anything related to Sacred Geometry or creative spirituality is of interest to me, so Alex Grey is an obvious favorite. Some of my favorite music; Tool, The Flashbulb, Ulver, Antoine Dufour, Iron & Wine, Christopher Parkening, Radiohead, Cannibal Corpse, Aphex Twin, Behemoth, Squarepusher, Converge, Skinny Puppy, Opeth, Pelican, Red Sparowes, Genghis Tron, Isis, and Porcupine Tree. I hope to meet some fellow music lovers out there if we share any similar tastes!!!

hoping to learn much, see you guys around.

thisisnecessary
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

hello all Empty Re: hello all

Post  deviadah Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:45 am

You are most Welcome!

Sacred Geometry is very interesting and deserves a few threads... also the Masonic links with Alchemy are great and nothing we really haven't discussed extensivly here... yet!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:07 am

Welcome !
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 am

Good to have you here and hope you enjoy your stay.

I second the interest in Sacred Geometry. Would be good to learn some more about it. Also a thumbs up for Skinny Puppy, they're some pretty far-out guys.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down