Upgrade!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should we go pro?

100% 100% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 2

Upgrade!

Post  deviadah on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:19 pm

For some time now I and BeautifulEvil (who by the way was the seventh member to join) have been thinking about upgrading Alchemy Forums to a real message board - together with all the perks that go with it!

Now I want you all to give suggestions... it helps with the creation of it you see!

Or should we not upgrade at all perhaps?

The floor is open!

Third Eye

_________________
United we sleep, divided we dream!
avatar
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Some help questions...

Post  deviadah on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Some questions that is already lingering:

Invite only?

Keep the present forum or delete it all (I think a transfer of threads is impossible - although copy/paste works (for those great threads)?

Have the present forum act as a springboard?

Go for gold, or slowly grow diamonds?


Third Eye

_________________
United we sleep, divided we dream!
avatar
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upgrade!

Post  Jepetto on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:00 pm

deviadah wrote:Some questions that is already lingering:
Invite only?

Keep the present forum or delete it all (I think a transfer of threads is impossible - although copy/paste works (for those great threads)?

Have the present forum act as a springboard?

Go for gold, or slowly grow diamonds?


Im not sure what the benefits are a a full fledged forum are and what benefits we are missing here. While I like this site and feel it is a great place, I am not unwilling to explore any changes. Besides, we never really know unless its tried.

As for the invite only idea, I am mixed on this. I have learned much from the members here and I feel I am not quite active enough or as knowledgeable as others and may lose out on these great resources. Also I would not be against an invite only area, even if I were not included. I understand there may be topics and issues that are better kept away from the search spiders and casual observers.

For the retention of the posts here, if it not possible to transfer the threads over maybe keep this as a read only resource. New threads could be started but for a reference to the old posts, still have them accessible. I don't know if this is possible. Though also in my case I could easily repost any good information which I had done so already without much difficulty or inconvenience.

Over all I feel the quality of the participants and the content here is far above that of most every other site or forum I have visited or am a member of.

What ever the choice is for the future of this site, you'll have my support. I am very thankful for your efforts, both Deviadah and BeautifulEvil.
avatar
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Age : 39
Registration date : 2008-02-13

View user profile http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upgrade!

Post  deviadah on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:55 am

Within a month the new forum will be set up. The present forum will be a springboard into this new forum...

The new forum will be free of charge naturally, but there will also be some perks for those that donate a small sum (this new board is far more expensive than the present one - but also far better)!

Perks can be many things like an e-mail account: yourname@alchemyforums.com

More information of this in due time!

This new forum will be invite only, and for non-members at least 75% of this new site will be read only - the other 25% will be behind closed doors.
Jepetto wrote:For the retention of the posts here, if it not possible to transfer the threads over maybe keep this as a read only resource. New threads could be started but for a reference to the old posts, still have them accessible. I don't know if this is possible. Though also in my case I could easily repost any good information which I had done so already without much difficulty or inconvenience.
Forumotion is a free forum site so there will not be a problem to keep this as a read only site. The moderator team will also put in effort of transferring the best and most popular threads into this new forum so DON'T worry!

Third Eye

_________________
United we sleep, divided we dream!
avatar
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upgrade!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum