Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Hall !

4 posters

Go down

Hello Hall ! Empty Hello Hall !

Post  Pink Panther Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Well, that part of the forum is a kind of hall, isnt'it ?
Thus before visiting the rest of the building, here is my introduction :

I first thougth that Prima materia was coal.
The coal is black, dirty, friable, it stains fingers. Carbon belongs to the 3 kingdoms. "Coal" sounds like " khol ". By using the hermetic cabala, the short path is indicated by an arm, " brakion " in Greek (see Philosophal Dwellings, Dampierre Castle, chapt. "FELIX INFORTUNUM" ). Thanks to an almost perfect anagram (as would say Galeidoscope), " brakion " can be turned into " karbon ". Finally, during a journey in Scandinavia, I noticed that in a certain nordic language, the scientific name of the sugar, carbohydrate, is kolhydrate.
But I made some cyanide and I became afraid.

Then I thougth that Prima materia was PbS2. Because of Gal, Galle, Gallus, Gaule, cats, electromagnetic waves, kaleidoscopes, Saturne, the low fusion temperature. But I had no PbS2 aroud me.

Then I thought it was the niter.

Then I started to meet people on the web, and I hadn't thought anything, following some promising "Adepts".

Then I saw time pass away, I remembered Bernard Trevisan, and I realized I wasn't as wealthy as him.
At present, I'm working according to a dry path. I am inspired by Fulcanelli, Canseliet, Dujols and my meetings, but I allow myself some infidelities. Sometimes I try to forget everything, and to replace myself in the skin of the first alchemists, who were only on their own.
IMO, beginning the quest by seeking a matter is a trap ; Nature's laws are more important than the matter they modify. However I do not deny a materiality to alchemy. Without labour on the matter, one make no more alchemy but only philosophy. Alchemy is nevertheless a philosophy, but not only a philosophy.

I notice that this forum gathers persons for whom alchemy represents very different things. It is brave on behalf of the moderators. One decade ago, the forum of Adam Mc Lean did not live still indeed this variety. I wish you more stability.

Concluding this presentation, let's speak about colors. Texts say that if one obtains a crow darker than the darkness, that's not bad. If the green lion comes later, that's good. If the white doves succeed him, it is perfect...
Then if after that I manage to make a pink panther, then I can say that alchemy is a pretty funny science !

PP

Pink Panther
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Hello Hall ! Empty Re: Hello Hall !

Post  phliosehea Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Hello, welcome...

I remember McCleans forum as well, I think this one is different somehow...more open to new ideas and the like. On rare occasion I suppose it gets heated but for the most part it's very receptive to hearing something out.

It's good to see someone that uses the phonetic cabala, but I feel we must cull from a large stable of words if we are to comprehend. Some of these words are quite old, older then the discovery of certain ores and the like; that would be best to leave in the earth and not mistake for art. Molybdenum comes to mind, while on the surface this metal has been mentioned by some for art... in reality we should look to Homer's Odyssey and see that μῶλυ (moly) was a mysterious plant with black roots and white blossoms. Curious, since we must- whiten the head of the crow. Nice to meet you...
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:35 pm

WELCOME!

Glad you coudl make it...
Pink Panther wrote:One decade ago, the forum of Adam Mc Lean did not live still indeed this variety.
Yes he is shunned our approach when we spoke about setting up this forum! A shame I think... oh well!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Pink Panther, I'm happy we could attract another knowledgeable alchemist to our humble board!

I notice that this forum gathers persons for whom alchemy represents very different things. It is brave on behalf of the moderators. One decade ago, the forum of Adam Mc Lean did not live still indeed this variety. I wish you more stability.
Deviadah and I let others express their notions of what they think alchemy really entails, and as such it becomes a personal learning process for each alchemist (which is the way it should be). If one believes alchemy is merely a spiritual dogma, then so be it, but if one believes it to be a 100% physical process, then so be it. It's not up to either of us, or really any other person, to define alchemy to its entirety (because honestly, I don't think any one person as the complete image). We must leave it to nature, and we must look to nature to gain insight into the picture.

Even though there may be a single starting point, and a single ending point, the paths taken are infinitely variable. So in the end, If all alchemists followed the same path, we would invariably loose something very precious, and that is novelty and creativity. The will to explore new ideals and notions, and truthfully, this is something much greater than any single thing.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down