Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am the Ihib

4 posters

Go down

I am the Ihib Empty I am the Ihib

Post  Ihib Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:38 am

My name is Luke, my friends call me Ihib. Long story.

I like math and science, but they seemed a bit too dry for me. I decided to start researching some of the more arcane institutions, see if maybe the scientists had missed a step or two over the years. There's a lot of ego and/or marketing involved with the science of today. There's something wrong with that.

I'm comfortable in both the spiritual and technical aspects of the art and I don't mind hearing any ideas, I'll listen to anything, because as they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I consider myself a chaos magician of sorts. If it works I'll use it and figure out how it works later, hopefully before it kills me.

Ihib
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

I am the Ihib Empty Re: I am the Ihib

Post  BeautifulEvil Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:48 am

Welcome to the board Luke!

I consider myself a chaos magician of sorts. If it works I'll use it and figure out how it works later, hopefully before it kills me.
We have sort of the same background. I started off as a pupil of the occult and magick (chaos magick) in particular. It really helps me open my mind to all sorts of interesting ideas, but even then, alchemy is much more than meets the eye.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WCH Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I passed through chaos magick very briefly before ending up in alchemy. Always had a lot of fun with sigil work... made many different sigils according to a technique taught to me by a chaos magician, but ultimately became discouraged, and now my interest in geometric form has been applied in exploration of elemental and planetary pentagrams and hexagrams.

The image, more than any other, which completely blew my mind:
I am the Ihib MiraBilitasNaturae

Meditate on that for a while. I can almost guarantee you'll discover interesting things.
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Ihib wrote:I decided to start researching some of the more arcane institutions, see if maybe the scientists had missed a step or two over the years.
Oh they sure have... but I don't think it is because they have overlooked something. We still suffer from the battle between Science and Religion, and even if the Occult/Esoteric ain't a religion per se it still falls under that genre...

But the veils are lifting!

Welcome
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content