Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Introduction

4 posters

Go down

An Introduction Empty An Introduction

Post  ManO Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 am

Hello people of the forum,

I am Mano,and here's my story,
I took an interest in alchemy when i was a youngster, I found a copy of the kabalyon in an old used book store, and that's really where it all started, and now I still find myself, wanting to understand it better.
I have done alot of laboratory work, my main interest being in the Acetate path, and with authors such as wiedenfelt, becker, G. riply, and also in the Ens process (I really like this stuff)
I also have a great deal of practice with psychological matters, an interest in Carl Jung, any western esoterica, NLP is a big favorite, I am also a certified hypnotherapist. I really liked the golden dawn when I was younger.

I had several months back given up my laboratory for the life style of a gypsy, wandering around having fun exploring meeting people and seeing the world, hiking back packing and camping or what ever.
I found a nice place up in the mountains of California, and am settled down and ready to get back to the old drawing board.
With a big focus on being economical...!
as I begin to set up my lab once again.

What do i hope to get out of alchemy?
A working theory of everything, knowledge, results...more light.
So as I sit here contemplating Alchemy, I think my first major investment will be a High quality pH meter, and a retort, I have been wanting to have alook at these precipitates of sea salt(ORMUS stuff), and the "water works" such as with rain and dew.

ManO

ManO
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

An Introduction Empty Re: An Introduction

Post  solomon levi Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:52 pm

Greetings ManO!
Welcome.

I've done some work with entia... just simple alkali macerations then extracted with Everclear.

Can you tell me more about your experiences with entia?
Which method did you use?
What do you like about them?
Which is your favorite and what did you experience with it?

Thanks,
solomon levi

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  ManO Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Hello Solomon Levi,

My first experience was with a simplified version of the Ens Melissa,
Pot carb in water, macerated with the herb, to extract a green material in the Alcohol floating upon it.
I had made a pretty good bit of this at one point, based on my observation of the effects of that material I would have to say, what the old guys said was probably true, while that batch certainly wasn't canonically correct, I didn't deliquesce to oil and i didn't use a fresh plant, just dried herb.
I can say with some degree of certainty that the preparation does have some significant physical effects, even when its made very simply.

Of course observing this experiment, gives one alot of ideas, the question then becomes,
"what floats on top of what" Solvents/alkalies- with metals/salts
Will the preparation be improved or more dramatic in its effects if canonical materials are used.
Are there other versions of that experiment which are better?, such as the one with heating sea salt etc.

So anyways.
right now I have two batches, one has been allowed to ferment, the other has not, additionally the water used was deliquescent upon the salts or additionally some snow. for the Alcohol I am simply going to use some Cleaned, dried, vodka.
Additionally, metals&salts of metals in oil of pot carb with various solvents, to observe any changes or effects in the solvents.

What did I like about it? Whats my favorite?
Its simple, economical, fast and effective, relatively safe etc. It could only be made better...!
Melissa is definitely a favorite

I will also say, at least for myself, that this experiment opened a lot of doors, but doors that raise even more difficult questions that only time and experimentation can answer.

ManO

ManO
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey ManO!

Yeah, I did a melissa ens too. It had a nice feel but my hair and nails
didn't fall out. Suspect I've read the plant has to be picked under it's proper sign,
not just the day, but the zodiac, in order to do the big change. Melissa is ruled by
Jupiter (thursday) and Jupiter rules Sagittarius and Pisces, and these are kind of late
months to collect a good herb in this part of the world (Pacific NW).

But then I've read another method of ens that is supposed to produce the
fabulous results in which you simply place it in a bolthead in horse dung
or an incubator for six months or more and the plant turns to liquid.

In the potassa work, what's happening is the tartar, or any alkali, extracts the sulphur/oil
from the plant, and then a highly rectified alcohol extracts the same from the alkali into a safe
form for ingestion. You don't want to ingest alkali. This is why the alcohol must be strong,
and the alkali solution must also be strong, then they won't mix but rather the alcohol
will float on top of the alkali. That way, when it has extracted the sulphur from the alkali,
it can be easily seperated by decanting if you don't have, or want to set up, the distillation
apparatus. The alcohol, of course, may be distilled off and reused, or evaporated off
and you are left with the oil/sulphur alone instead of a tincture.

So when you say you will use vodka for the alcohol, I don't think it will be strong enough
to seperate and float on top of the alkali, if that's what you're using it for. Maybe I misunderstood.
I used Everclear and I added potassa carb to that to help absorb some more water, but that
probably wasn't necessary.

I've also experimented with some metals and their salts, fusing them with sal tartari for 1/2 hour,
then pouring on the alcohol and letting it sit in a crock pot to give a little heat and help the
extraction. I've had good success with antimony. Some other metals are more difficult to melt,
depending on what equipment you have.
I have some threads on alkali work in the practical alchemy section you may find interesting.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:00 am

Hi ManO, welcome to the forum!

Please excuse me for not welcoming you sooner. I've been pretty reclusive/busy lately.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:01 am

Yes I am late too...

WELCOME!