Please share your methods of Spiritual Alchemy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please share your methods of Spiritual Alchemy

Post  Aunt Clair on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:33 am

I noticed in the introduction a number of members quoted ascension and transmutational alchemy of the human energy body as spiritual alchemy methods . I would like to understand your techniques and practices ..

Do you
01. meditate daily ?
02 .attain trance ?
03. evoke spiritual teachers ?
04. mystically project to the higher planes ?
05. do energy exercises ?
06. develop the human energy body ?
07. study vedic literature ?
08. study taoist alchemy?
09. study hermetic magick ?
10. study Kaballah ?
11. study Kundalini ?
12 .do other methods (if so please list) ?
Aunt Clair
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-10-21

View user profile http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Please share your methods of Spiritual Alchemy

Post  deviadah on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:51 am

Well I do a lot of what you mention in your list, although I don't meditate daily. But then again that depends on what you define as meditation. I think reading, or thinking on the bus, is meditation too - so if that is meditation then I do it every day!

Although what I do most of the time is read and write. I try to explain things to myself. The problem with alchemy is that it's so complicated on the surface, yet so simple on the inside. I try to scrape of that layer that has been placed there by thousands of years of symbols and allegories. By doing this I get insights, find links to my own life and I change/move...

I don't like teachers, I rather find my own path, but I think inspiration can do a lot of good i.e. this forum. There ain't a really good alchemy forum out there. Although there are many good ones I must admit, but none that focus on alchemy in a simple way and on all its areas such as spiritual, practical, subtexts, imagery etc.

Either they are too scholary, or to mixed with other areas of the so-called occult.

Anyway I think my method will be this forum for now. Best way to learn and transmute is sharing I think. Also I hope we keep this place down to earth and simple. No need to impress anyone here! Tongue

I hope those that have stumbled onto alchemy will find their way here and perhaps get into it, as I think alchemy is an important tool in order to grow in this life, and there's no other way to achieve true enlightenment in my book!

Third Eye

Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

View user profile http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chokmah on Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:04 am

I do most everything on this list.

I almost wonder if transmutation is something that naturally begins to happen when a person continues to explore occult and metaphysical topics and has a regular meditation practice. Knowing the self eventaully leads to transmutation. Like a natural evolution of thought to where you no longer see things in black and white, but rather subtle shades of gray. You see that everything exists with it's opposite and opposites are nothing more than different degrees of the same thing. Your thinking just changes and I'm not exactly sure how to best illustrate this in writing. This would be akin to, for example, people who practice hatha yoga experiencing an unexpected Kundalini awakening. We experience the evolution, but maybe we don't necessarily define it right away? Smile

chokmah
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 pm

1. Study of the Vedas a few tips: recognition of inaction as a form of useful action
2. Daily meditation
3. Daily I Ching
4. Daily Art + Music creation/viewing
5. Coffee
6. Emerald Tablet study
7. Mutational Alchemy study
8. Buddhism study especially Chod "cutting through the ego"
9. Nature walks, study of nature
10. Examination of humans (microcosm) in relation to the gods (macrocosm)
11. daily flirting with m1thr0s
Tongue
12. rapping
13. meditation on death, and the nature of death

Hmm well I guess alchemy just starts taking over all areas of your life once the engine really starts going...as it should.
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143

View user profile http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Aunt Clair on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 am

Would you please make a post about Chod ? I have studied the path of the boddisatva but I am limited in my knowledge of Buddhism. I think we would all understand transmutation of the negative ego but I and perhaps others would like to know about this Buddhist perspective . Thanks you .
Aunt Clair
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis on Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 pm

I know I run the risk of pissing some folks off with this but hey, time's short. Again here's the fast n' dirty about this from the other Side of The Process. Take what resonates if anything and just ignore the rest OK?

This whole process does NOT happen in the 3rd dimensional polarized ego mind or intellect. As long as one is still infatuated with and dancing endlessly around in the beautiful and mysterious landscape of the mind/intellect, then one is not living The Process. The Process is dirty, scary, painful, messy, ugly, deeply internal and personal. It is Lived and trust me, when it happens you don't have the time or energy to think or intellectualize much of anything! The Process naturally removes you from your old lower intellect/mind/thinking self and shoves you into actually living and dealing with whatever it is that you need at that time. It's primarily through your guts and Heart that this Process takes place, not the head. Wink

The Path leds to this eventually because it's the Way out for us, especially now. I mean no offence to anyone, only to share what I've lived and learned so as to possibly offer a shorter journey and transformation.
Lapis
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-10-13

View user profile http://deniselefay.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:56 am

Lapis wrote: This whole process does NOT happen in the 3rd dimensional polarized ego mind or intellect.
I don't know how the others here feel, but when I speak of the mind it has nothing to do with 3rd dimensions. Neither does thinking. It's not part of this dimension, as I see it. To live the process is a mental process. Wihtout the mind there would be no action, and more important, I think, is the fact that there will be no process as long as the ego is above the mind. Just my two cents...

Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunderic Mollusk on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:40 pm

I wouldn't say that I have a set method. Much of how I approach Spiritual Alchemy comes from a strong resonance with symbolism in general. My study of the Vedas comes greatly from Alain Danielou's translations of Hindu literature. I've found a greater personal resonance with the Tantric symbolism, with the strange and discomforting aspects of deities that eschew normal human activities to practice greater Universal expression, to goad the squirming student into seeing beyond trappings and idols and into the soul and spirit of the expression. Am I ready for all of their lessons? Nnnnot at all. Yet, those lessons to me are ones that I aspire to be able to learn.

Either in the morning, or the night before, I pull both a rune (elder futhark, for the expressive range) and a Tarot card, and see whether a congruence or contrast presents itself between the two, and often the presence of the one helps to define the other's expression, while my consciousness works to interpret what speaks to me. Often this defines itself later, after the key energies described have had their moment, and allow my understanding to expand upon them.

Rather often, I attempt to sort through streams of data and tug at the reins of a mind that often goes berserk, like a gleeful baby animal, and on days that feel strongly surreal I set myself down to "trance out." It's been something I do quite easily and readily, maybe from being a somewhat isolation-oriented child in my youth. To preface this, I often light a candle and some incense, inquiring to greater entities as to what might be the most appropriate for the journey in particular.

Occasionally, I'm treading the World Tree, others I enter a series of caverns that all lead to a grotto filled with water at the basin, and yet more an expanse of dirt surrounded by darkness, dimly lit by some unseen source. Often elements of the Aesir and Vanir appear in the first, animal spirits in the second, and less understandable entities in the last, such as the Old Woman with the Steel Mask, who teaches silently. I tend not to name the beings until their lessons are over, or unless the name comes in a flash of insight.

However, I am keen to ask about what part of the Great Work these beings represent, and I almost always get an answer in one form or another. The introductions seem less like "Well, you're getting to that hyperaccelerated phase of pure enlightenment!" and more like "I've come from this point in the process to help you get here faster, whenever that may be. Now go get dirty, son."

I agree with Lapis in that a concord between all elements, including Manifestation and Action, must be present, rather than merely sitting amidst out trappings and "aum"ing ourselves while our ability to maintain those trappings (such as liquid assets) and our ability to emotionally connect to those trappings might be decaying. We're on this physical plane to work in it and on it, to bring all of the elements here for understanding, and often I feel that takes a little de-mystification to find where that true Mystery might lay. Just as Alchemy is the precursor to modern science, modern science and the scientific method allows us to understand Alchemy. To find that Memory exists in a purely physical level allows our sense of mystery to take flight to other areas, and drag us toward knowledge of those, ever onward. Just as a true scientist can figure, something will always be there to learn. If we fill this universe with Light, then perhaps I'd like to explore what else may then reside in darkness, that sits in the half-light, straddling the two worlds, as I feel that the twilight and dawn hold the nearest thing to the Stone, and that the Stone sits forever just beyond our fingertips, as our experiences still propel Life onwards towards it, as in our deaths our collective ideas and work help add to the coils of Sesha, the Remainder of lives, universes, and ages past.
Gunderic Mollusk
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile http://gnosismollusk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aunt Clair on Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:54 am

Lapis wrote:I know I run the risk of pissing some folks off with this but hey, time's short. Again here's the fast n' dirty about this from the other Side of The Process. Take what resonates if anything and just ignore the rest OK?

This whole process does NOT happen in the 3rd dimensional polarized ego mind or intellect. As long as one is still infatuated with and dancing endlessly around in the beautiful and mysterious landscape of the mind/intellect, then one is not living The Process. The Process is dirty, scary, painful, messy, ugly, deeply internal and personal. It is Lived and trust me, when it happens you don't have the time or energy to think or intellectualize much of anything! The Process naturally removes you from your old lower intellect/mind/thinking self and shoves you into actually living and dealing with whatever it is that you need at that time. It's primarily through your guts and Heart that this Process takes place, not the head. Wink

The Path leds to this eventually because it's the Way out for us, especially now. I mean no offence to anyone, only to share what I've lived and learned so as to possibly offer a shorter journey and transformation.

I do not understand why you would think that your opinion would anger another . Imho , we join to learn from each other and perhaps by expressing our methods and experiences to fully integrate that wisdom because we can understand it better ourselves by sharing our process with another .

And it also makes me curious about your experience with projection as you posted that the 5D is golden and that alchemical transmutation does not occur on this 3D plane . I sort of thought we all felt that same way about Spiritual Alchemy . Perhaps I am wrong . But what is your perspective ? And what is your experience in the realms ?

Please share freely as I feel that is why we have this new forum . At least for myself , I must say that I do not meet too many people who will discuss Alchemy . They will discuss mystic projection , meditation , Hermetic Magick , Qaballah and other myriad branches but not the transmutational process itself. So please post about your cosmology of the realms and post about your alchemical ideas and metaphysical experiences . If not in answer to my own post then on yours .Thanks .
Aunt Clair
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  nemrog on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Do you
01. meditate daily ? Yes, I usually use a mixture of spiritual energy mixed w/ martial arts. As well as various forms of chthonic, abbysal, and divine energy maipulation as well as guided meditation.

02 .attain trance ? As I'm falling to sleep ( make it a habit to enter a light trance before falling to sleep.)

03. evoke spiritual teachers ? Rarely

04. mystically project to the higher planes ? Often, usually to see if I can psi0hack into areas that are said to be impossible or not safe to enter. Or to see various dieties that I like.

05. do energy exercises ? Kido, a whole gamut of energy manipulation and meta physical warefare tech.

06. develop the human energy body ? *laughs to self*, it's one of my main areas of experimentation and study.

07. study vedic literature ? no

08. study taoist alchemy? at least once a day, and rediscovering dark daoist tech.

09. study hermetic magick ? no

10. study Kaballah ? no

11. study Kundalini ? yes.

- Experimentation on auric conversion, entity hybidization (mixing the spiritual bodies of one entity (corporal or non) w/ humans to gain new abilities or natural skills, shingami magic (recently, it's quite interesting), thaumaturgy (using ones own spiritual energy and the various energies around oneself to achieve cause - effect.), spiritual self defence and security / combat.

nemrog
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  antonchanning on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:19 pm

01. meditate daily ?
Yes, I think this is important. Especially if one aims to perform acts of sorcery and/or attain 'gnosis'. On the other hand I was listening to a belly dancer (Mia Serra) on a radio show last night, and she trained under a Sufi master. He taught her belly dance as a means of reaching meditative trance because like most Westerners she already spent too much of her time in stillness or in relatively sedentary positions. Like sitting watching TV or at the computer etc.

I also belly dance myself.

02 .attain trance ?
Yes. There wouldn't be any point in meditating otherwise now would there? Although I suppose when I was starting out trance wasn't always easilly obtained.

No. Evoking is what you do with Demons, not spiritual teachers... Wink

I have done some work like that yes. Not that I believe
in 'higher' planes as such...

Like Chakra work? Yes, done lots of that kind of thing.

Yes. Although that comes naturally when you
do energy exercises does it not? (Just as physical
excercise develops the physical body).

Not my strong point

A little. Mostly via Jan Fries 'Living Midnight: 3 movements
of the Tao' and the practise of Tai Chi.

Yes.

10. study Kaballah ?
Not deliberately, but after reading books like
Liber Null by Peter Carroll, The Book of Thoth
by Crowley, other Occult books with it in, and
not forgetting the incredible Promethea graphic
novels by Alan Moore, I've kind of learned it
by default. I also studied some Kaballah and
meditation from a Rabbi at one point.

11. study Kundalini ?
Yes and Tantra. Although admittedly my Tantra
teacher didn't use Kundalini. I do however.

I do, but I'm not going to write a list. Evil

Oh okay, go on then, in no particular order:
BDSM, breathing, visiting sacred sites, immersion
in cold rivers, seas, waterfalls, invocations, full
bodily possession by invoked deities, banishing
rituals, chemognosis, entheogens etc have all
been used by me at some point or another in my
spiritual development, many still are. Smile
antonchanning
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile http://serpent.antonchanning.com

Back to top Go down

Ayahuasca

Post  deviadah on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:27 pm

antonchanning wrote:He taught her belly dance as a means of reaching meditative trance because like most Westerners she already spent too much of her time in stillness or in relatively sedentary positions.
Is it beneficial for the digestion system?
antonchanning wrote:chemognosis
Tried Ayahuasca?

Third Eye

Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  antonchanning on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 am

deviadah wrote:
antonchanning wrote:He taught her belly dance as a means of reaching meditative trance because like most Westerners she already spent too much of her time in stillness or in relatively sedentary positions.
Is it beneficial for the digestion system?

That I couldn't tell you. My own problems on that score were related to soya intolerance, so cutting soya out of my diet has help considerably. But that won't work for everyone. I would imagine getting no exercise at all might be bad for digestion, but don't know for sure.

antonchanning wrote:chemognosis
Tried Ayahuasca?

Third Eye

Hard to source where I live. Besides, I'd want to do it in its native environment in a traditional rite the first time I try. May have to start looking into it and arranging a trip to Peru... Wink
antonchanning
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-15

View user profile http://serpent.antonchanning.com

Back to top Go down

Ayahuasca Trip

Post  deviadah on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:08 pm

antonchanning wrote:May have to start looking into it and arranging a trip to Peru... Wink
Check out this thread: Ayahuasca Trip

Third Eye

Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Anibis on Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 am

Main forms for me are Calendric Alchemy (tracking pecifically elemental calendars designed to subtly transform the flow of time), Juggling and object manipulation. Theatre. Art. Poetry. Art of memory. Qabalah.
-A-
Anibis
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-11-13

View user profile Http://forums.abrahadabra.com

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 am

Anibis wrote:Main forms for me are Calendric Alchemy (tracking pecifically elemental calendars designed to subtly transform the flow of time)...
-A-
You should start at thread on that in Sacred Art!

Might be of interest to folks not exposed to Calendrics...

LOL

Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Oroboros on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:58 pm

I've done Ayahuasca on many occasions via Mimosa Hostilis, you can probably still buy it via the internet. If we can be blunt on this forum, I recommend staying away from it personally. It didn't seem benign enough to me, & the dose was always hard to conrol. And O.D.ing on it, while not physically harmful, is spiritually agonizing. I think psilocybin mushrooms are much better, & spores can be ordered so as to cultivate them personally. Likewise Cannabis seeds may be so ordered too. These in my opinion are all one needs, or could desire. They are both powerful, beautiful, natural living entities...

OROBOROS = 4774/7.

Oroboros
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:49 pm

I think psilocybin mushrooms are much better, & spores can be ordered so as to cultivate them personally. Likewise Cannabis seeds may be so ordered too. These in my opinion are all one needs, or could desire. They are both powerful, beautiful, natural living entities...
Heh, I agree with this very much.

Some of these special plants and fungi hold a very secret place in practical alchemy. They are indeed Universal Medicines, for the mind, body, and soul.

Garden of the world near the new city, In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub, Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

View user profile http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

My pactice

Post  Knowledge Borne-360 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:47 pm

My practice incorporates most of the terms you list though at one point or another I have had to ulitilize all of them. A very good book I am gonna recommend is intitled Iniation into Hermetic by Franz Bardon and other intitled The Path of Alchemy. It is very pacticle. Ofcourse anyone who considers themselves a student of alchemy needs to read the Emerald Tables and also have a good understanding of the birthchart and the lunar cycle....Thoth/Hermes is a lunar god as well as his assoiation with Mercury.

Last edited by Knowledge Borne-360 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspellings)

Knowledge Borne-360
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:51 am

For Spiritual Alchemy, I use some rituals that I made. I also practise mantra and Kriya Yoga.
I read Eckhart Tolle and Neale Donald Walsch Book's, Baird T Spalding also, A Course In Miracles.
I try to practise Presence and obersvation of myself.

Regards,
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Aunt Clair wrote:I noticed in the introduction a number of members quoted ascension and transmutational alchemy of the human energy body as spiritual alchemy methods . I would like to understand your techniques and practices ..

Do you
01. meditate daily ?
Not in the traditional sense, but in the J.Krishnamurti sense.

02 .attain trance ?
Yes. Much. This is my favorite pasttime. I like to shut off my internal dialogue and just be awareness.

Sometimes. Not in any ceremonial sense. I just have conversations.

On occasion.

Yes. I've mentioned the five rites. There's also a certain pranayama technique that causes an internal
circulation of saturn/base chakra energy to the lunar/crown chakra. Not the sixth rite, but different.
It's called the Cobra breath. Also dabbled in Mantak Chia - taoist circulation.

Yes. through several systems.

I have in the past. My greatest use of this is to balance the three gunas and rest in prakriti.

yes.

a little.

10. study Kaballah ?
yes.

11. study Kundalini ?
yes. and practice it.

Castaneda and Gurdjieff and Harding's "headless way"
mostly advaita right now.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Do you
01. meditate daily ?
No
02 .attain trance ?
No
No
No
No
No
No
I have- but find it says the same thing as western alchemy only I understand the allegories and metaphors better.
no
10. study Kaballah ?
no, but I do study the cabala
11. study Kundalini ?
no
I have dreams, and the back of my head buzzes sometimes.
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xcalibur254 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:51 pm

I was wondering if someone might be able to help guide me into getting into the various aspects of Spiritual Alchemy. I am a complete beginner and have never even meditated before, so if anyone could provide the titles of any books or websites or anything that might help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Xcalibur254
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lokitheclown on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 am

Do you
01. meditate daily ? Yes
02 .attain trance ? Yes, I like to practice being conscious entering sleep.
03. evoke spiritual teachers ? Everything has something to teach you
04. mystically project to the higher planes ? and lower planes
05. do energy exercises ? of course
06. develop the human energy body ? not in those terms
07. study vedic literature ? yes
08. study taoist alchemy? yes
09. study hermetic magick ? this is my current favorite
10. study Kaballah ? yes
11. study Kundalini ?yes
12 .do other methods (if so please list) ? I like to study the relationship between the above-below phenomenon and to be aware of these expressions. I tend to prefer active mindful meditiation, although i understand the role of an empty mind as well. I do no find an inconsistency of recognizing the self existing on 5 different planes and being able to experience Enlightenment on each of the realms in very different experiences.
lokitheclown
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  d&g on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 am

12 .do other methods - I utilize Gurdjieff's method - self-observation, non-identification, non-expression of negative emotions, etc. I must say that after a couple of years of practise I am beginning to see definite results. And I also begin to see how it all relates to Alchemy - it is all a form of chemistry, only when we do it internally we manipulate finer substances in the body and soul to produce real consciousness, which is the true Philosopher's Stone. Gurdjieff himself spoke of the human body as a chemical factory. Now, I often have this experience where there is like a spontaneous chemical reaction going on inside of me which results in a momentary emergence of true consciousness - like a sudden crystallization. In these moments I realize that the rest of the time I am actually asleep or don't exist at all.
d&g
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top