Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven

+5
nemrog
MythMath
taceyoto
LadyHydralisk
deviadah
9 posters

Go down

Seven Empty Seven

Post  deviadah Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:11 pm

I am pumping out threads at the moment... but there are some things I need to get off my chest and into this forum (some have appeared on other forums but that was before this one existed)!

Since ancient times seven has been a revered and sacred symbol. The Babylonians translated the Sumerian word for seven into the Babylonian word for completeness or all. In Greek and Roman mythology the number seven occurs time and time again. In China seven is a celestial number (together with 1, 3 and 5).

The uraeus is a serpent as a head-dress of Egyptian kings and divinities. According to the pyramid texts: “the king absorbed the seven frontal cobras which then became the seven cervical vertebrae which commanded the entire dorsal spine.”

These cobras, which spit fire, recall the Kundalini serpent-fire of the Hindu tradition, and this passage also seems to refer to certain of the vital centres or chakras, one of which occupies precisely the place of the royal uraeua in the forehead. This spiritual light is called akh by the ancient Egyptians.

The Egyptians also divided the night sky into seven parts and the moon changes its phase every seven days resulting in the creation of the week, which completes its cycle four times every month. There are seven fundamental notes in music. In numerology seven represents philosophy and wisdom. There are, according to H.P. Blavatsky, seven root races. Then we have the significance of seven as a lucky number and the seven wonders of the world.

Louis Claude de Saint-Martin, or the Unknown Philosopher, of the 18th century, declared that “numbers are the only sensible expression of the different properties of beings, which all proceed from the one and only essence.” Specifically of the number seven he viewed it as the ruling number of the manifested universe.

There is also the Hebrew candlestick with seven branches each representing, as put by Warren Kenton in The Celestial Mirror: “a cosmic diagram of active and passive forces on either side of a central column of equilibrium.” Even in the Kabbalah itself all things depend on the seventh “for assuredly there can be no stability in those six, save (what they derive) from the seventh.”

In short seven can be found everywhere but nowhere as prominent as in the Bible. Faith Javane and Dusty Bunker show in their book Numerology and The Divine Triangle that seven is the principal number in both the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. Apart from such obvious examples as the fact that the Lord rested on the seventh day and the seven angels with seven trumpets in Revelations, they put forth the seven-fold path of the Lord’s Prayer as a union of the triad, or trinity, and the quaternary. The Lord’s Prayer can be found in Matthew 6:9-13:
1. Our Father which art in heaven,
2. Hallowed be Thy Name.
3. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
4. Give us this day our daily bread.
5. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
6. And lead us not into temptation,
7. but deliver us from evil:
The father, in the Lord’s Prayer, can be seen instead as the root i.e. our basic material self. The hallowed name is the sacred source of our feelings. The will which shall be done in earth as in heaven, above as below, is the vital energy that flow through us. The daily bread is the deeper emotions that we feed upon. The debt, the original sin, which we keep needs to be forgiven and overcome and we need to let our soul surface instead of becoming trapped by material temptation. This will deliver us from unimportant material evils and result in bliss and a heightened state of being as explained in the final statement, that symbolize the return to the heavenly state, nirvana or more appropriate a oneness with everything.
8. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
And in the figure 8 we see, yet again, the serpent or Ouroboros as a symbol of infinity and paradise regained. It is, spiritually, the goal of the initiate, having gone through the seven stages.

Augustus Le Plongeon writes in his book Sacred Mysteries among the Mayas and the Quiches, 11 500 years ago:
Seven seems to have been the sacred number par excellence among all civilized nations of antiquity… That it was the number of numbers for those initiated to the sacred mysteries there can be no doubt. Pythagoras… calls it the ‘Vehicle of Life’, containing body and soul, since it is formed of a quaternary, that is: wisdom and intellect; and a Trinity, or action and matter.
The Pythagorean Quaternary is the following sequence: 1+2+3+4 = 10 (1+0 = 1) and has great significance since the union of the four numbers results in a oneness (3) and it can be represented as a triangle within a square (the 3 points of the triangle plus the four corners of the square equals seven).

Not to forget the seven steps of the alchemcial process; V.I.T.R.I.O.L!

Last edited by on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:45 am; edited 5 times in total
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Seven Empty Re: Seven

Post  deviadah Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:12 pm

Now check this out:

Seven 1kopiera-1

Seven 2

Seven 3

Seven 4

Seven 5

Seven 6

Last edited by on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Now LadyHydralisk pointed out the lower 7 chakras in the Ningishzidda thread:
LadyHydralisk wrote:Macrocosmically, the chakras are entire realms of existence. Patala is the realm of Lord Ananta, the serpent that holds up the preserver, Vishnu, out of the ocean of sorrow, and upholds the entire universe on just one of his gleaming scales....
The seven lower chakras, from highest to lowest, are:
1) atala chakra (hips): fear and lust
2) vitala chakra (thighs): raging anger
3) sutala chakra (knees): retaliatory jealousy
4) talatala chakra (calves): prolonged mental confusion
5) rasatala chakra (ankles): selfishness
6) mahatala chakra (feet): absence of conscience
7) patala chakra (located in the soles of the feet): murder and malice

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:49 pm

Great thread Deviadah...

It's prudent to point out the lower chakras are generally avoided completely in most Indian arts...

Another chakra that often gets completely left out is the Erectheus chakra, the twin spiral at the base of the jaw, it is very very important, but sometimes left out so that the energy does not flow properly....

If you are not aware of it you will miss it completely. My experimentation with this chakra shows to me that it is the chakra corresponding to Orpheus...it's also referred to as the jade gates.

Erectheus- One spiral under the chin, the other spiral encircling just below the medula oblongata

I've worked with this chakra for years and it is the most wonderful chakra you can call upon for benefits in courage, fortitude and healing...

If you visualize it as a figure eight circling like a moebius strip it is very beneficial...
LadyHydralisk
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143

http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  taceyoto Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:31 am

Very interesting> Could you not do a post like this on three? I mean, it appears just as much if not more in every thing does it not?
taceyoto
taceyoto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:34 am

Number 9 is everything
MythMath
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:10 am

taceyoto wrote:Very interesting> Could you not do a post like this on three? I mean, it appears just as much if not more in every thing does it not?
The plan is to have a thread on all the numbers... all in due time!

Third Eye
MythMath wrote:Number 9 is everything
This thread is 7, but feel free to create a 9 topic!

Edit: Trinity (3 related)

Last edited by on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Seven Empty Hieronymus Bosch: Seven Deadly Sins

Post  deviadah Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Seven 329px-Boschsevendeadlysins
Click on the image for a larger version.

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 am

Law of Seven - Heptaparaparshinokh

Seven Monochord_fludd_2

The first of these fundamental primordial sacred cosmic laws, namely the law of Heptaparaparshinokh,
is formulated by cosmic Objective Science in the following words: The flow of forces follows
a line that constantly deflects at specific intervals and unites again at its ends.

According to this primordial sacred cosmic law, the line of the flow
of forces has seven points of deflection or, as is otherwise said,
seven 'centers of gravity,' and the distance between two
consecutive points of deflection, or 'centers of gravity,'
is called a 'stopinder' of the sacred Heptaparaparshinokh.'

more at: http://www.endlesssearch.co.uk/philo_lawof7.htm
MythMath
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Seven Empty The Lord's Prayer backwards

Post  deviadah Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:33 am

8. Our Father which art in heaven,
7. Hallowed be Thy Name.
6. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.
5. Give us this day our daily bread.
4. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.
3. And lead us not into temptation,
2. but deliver us from evil:
1. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. - source
I think changing the numbers like this also works pretty good!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  nemrog Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:30 pm

OK, slightly on and off topic ? Were does the circling charkra under the jaw come out at? How can one find it's focal point? and what are other chakra's that are completely ingored (like the golden chakra above the crown and the silver chakra above that (2 in. up per chakra). I always liked them once I found of them, Merging them together though is freakin sweet (like a primal energy, mixed w/ comforitng psi buzz.).

-Nemrog

nemrog
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Seven Empty Zoroastrian Heavenly Hierarchy

Post  deviadah Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Not sure nemrog... but I can throw this out:

Zoroastrian Heavenly Hierarchy

Ahura Mazda / Spenta Mainyu = the wise lord

Amesa Spentas = sons and daughters of, or aspects of, god
Vohu Mano - good thought (animals/cattle)
Asha Vahisha - righteousness (fire)
Spenta Armaiti - devotion (earth)
Khshathra Vairya = dominion (sun and heavens)
Haurvatat - wholeness (water)
Ameretat - immortality (plants)

Yazatas = protective spirits
Anahita - water and fertility
Atar - fire
Haoma - healing plants
Sraosha - obedience, the hearer of prayers
Rashnu - judgement
Mithra - truth
Tishtrya - the dog-star, source of rain and fertility
It must be noted here, in order not to cause confusion, that Ahura Mazda is believed not first in rank and outside of the group of six, but at the same time is considered the first of seven... - source
Which is interesting since this means that yet again are there SEVEN so-called divine sparks (for you to see them clearly I have marked them in red)!

This links in to a whole lot of stuff naturally!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:58 am

Seven obvious body parts - 2 arms, 2 legs, chest, abdomen and head.

Seven internal organs - 2 kidneys, spleen, lungs, heart, stomach and liver.

Seven holes in our head - 2 nostrils, 2 eyes, 2 ears and a mouth.

Seven planets associated with seven animals and seven metals - Moon Bull Silver, Mercury Serpent Quicksilver, Venus Dove Copper, Sun Lion Gold, Mars Wolf Iron, Jupiter Eagle Tin, Saturn Ass Lead.

The lyre has seven strings which correspond to the seven planets.

Pan's flute has seven pipes.

Seven visible stars in the Pleiades, also known as the Seven Sisters and seven daughters of Atlas. Sterope, Merope, Electra, Maia, Taygete, Celaeno and Alcyone.

Seven wonders of the ancient world - Great Pyramid at Giza, Hanging Gardens of Babylon, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus, Colossus of Rhodes and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.

Opposite sides of a 6 sided die total seven.

Seven Deadly Sins are pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy and sloth.

Seven churches of Asia - Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatia, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodocia

Seven days in one week.

Seven seals from the Book of Revelations.

Seven spirits of the Lord, mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

Seven genii from The Wisdom of the Egyptians.

Seven continents on Earth.

Seven colors of the rainbow.

Seven roles - sage, artisan, priest, slave, king, warrior and scholar.

Seven notes to a scale.

Seven liberal arts - grammar, rhetoric, logic, arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy.

The seventh son of the seventh son is supposed to have the powers of divination and healing.

Last edited by Jepetto on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Seven Empty The Seven Lady Godivas by Dr. Seuss

Post  Jepetto Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:41 am

Yesterday while at a garage sale, I found a Dr. Seuss book I had not seen before. It's also the only adult book by Dr. Seuss that I had ever seen, though the dust jacket says it was the first of his adult books.

From the foreword -
There was not one; there were Seven Lady Godivas, and their nakedness actually was not a thing of shame. So far a Peeping Tom is concerned, he never really peeped. "Peeping" was merely the old family name, and Tom and his six brothers bore it with with pride
The names of the seven Lady Godivas are: Lady Clementia Godiva, Lady Dorcas J. Godiva, Lady Arabella Godiva, Lady Mitzi Godiva, Lady Lulu Godiva, Lady Gussie Godiva and Lady Hedwig Godiva.

The names of the seven Peeping Brothers are: Peeping Tom, Peeping Dick, Peeping Harry, Peeping Jack, Peeping Drexel, Peeping Sylvester and Peeping Frelinghuysen.

There are also Seven Horse Truths that must be discovered, one by each Lady, before the Lady can marry. These are:

Don't ever look a gift horse in the mouth.
Don't put the cart before the horse.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Never change horses in the middle of the stream.
Horseshoes are lucky.
That is a horse of another color.
Don't lock the barn door after the horse has been stolen.

Seven Seuss10

“Let the Horse Be Illuminated”
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:37 pm

Ah, so we come across the horse again!

Dr. Seuss must've been an initiate in the cabala.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:12 am

BeautifulEvil wrote:Ah, so we come across the horse again!

Dr. Seuss must've been an initiate in the cabala.
I had never considered any connections between the writings of Dr. Seuss and the mystical studies before, though it has been a long time since I had read any of his works before this one. Your comment here inspired me to do a search and there are a couple interesting pages about the Dr. and the interpretations of his writings. Very interesting stuff.

A Qabalistic Interpretation Of Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs And Ham
The Secret Alchemy of Dr. Seuss
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  WCH Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:48 pm

Interesting coincidence, I was just last night having a conversation with a friend who's doing a Qaballistic analysis of Dr Seuss, and now you mention it here.

Cabala and Qaballah are not the same thing, of course. Still quite the coincidence.
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:20 pm

WCH wrote:Interesting coincidence, I was just last night having a conversation with a friend who's doing a Qaballistic analysis of Dr Seuss, and now you mention it here.

Cabala and Qaballah are not the same thing, of course. Still quite the coincidence.
Can you please share some more info on the differences? I have always had the impression that they were the same though the 'Q' spelling was closer to the Hebrew translation from QBLH and the 'C' and 'K' spellings were more western and modern interpretations of the word.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 am

also consider seven as the synthesis of the opposing aspects of three and four.

three is energy in motion, it is heat and fire. the three sided triangle is an arrow, a pointer, and is used to signify fire and forward movement. the four sided square is energy stabilized, it is foundation, it is stability and stationary.

so seven combines the movement of three with the stability of four.
Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar
Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  WCH Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:25 am

Jepetto wrote:
WCH wrote:Interesting coincidence, I was just last night having a conversation with a friend who's doing a Qaballistic analysis of Dr Seuss, and now you mention it here.

Can you please share some more info on the differences? I have always had the impression that they were the same though the 'Q' spelling was closer to the Hebrew translation from QBLH and the 'C' and 'K' spellings were more western and modern interpretations of the word.
From the "Preface to the Second Edition" of Fulcanelli's Mystere des Cathedrales.
... this mother tongue should never be confused with the Jewish Kabbala. Though never spoken, the phonetic cabala, this forceful idiom, is easily understood and it is -- at least according to Cyrano de Bergerac -- the instinct or voice of Nature. By contrast, the Jewish Kabbala is full of transpositions, inversions, substitutions and calculations, as arbitrary as they are abstruse. This is why it is important to distinguish between the two words cabala and kabbala, in order to use them knowledgeably. Cabala derives from _____ or from the Latin caballus, a horse; kabbala is from the Hebrew Kabbalah, which means tradition. Finally, figurative meanings like coterie, underhand dealing or intrigue, developed in modern usage by analogy, should be ignored so as to reserve for the noun cabala the only significance which can be assured for it.
The accuracy of these statements I don't really know. I'm a novice and largely uninitiated. (note: I didn't write the Greek word he says Cabala derives from because I don't have a Greek script on this computer, there is a word there)
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:58 pm

WCH wrote:The accuracy of these statements I don't really know. I'm a novice and largely uninitiated. (note: I didn't write the Greek word he says Cabala derives from because I don't have a Greek script on this computer, there is a word there)

Thank you WCH, this helps clarify a bit more on this subject and also helps me understand better what Beautiful Evil had said above regarding the horse.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:22 pm

Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar wrote:also consider seven as the synthesis of the opposing aspects of three and four.

three is energy in motion, it is heat and fire. the three sided triangle is an arrow, a pointer, and is used to signify fire and forward movement. the four sided square is energy stabilized, it is foundation, it is stability and stationary.

so seven combines the movement of three with the stability of four.

Good call. Three could also represent spirit and four form. Thus 3+4 would be the domination of spirit over form. In reverse, 4+3, would tell us that form rules over spirit.

Id be curious to see what equations others can come up with for seven. Ive got some notes but need to get the ideas into a presentable form.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 am

"Thus 3+4 would be the domination of spirit over form. In reverse, 4+3, would tell us that form rules over spirit."

yes, good point. or the 3 + 4 scenario could be seen as spirit manifested into physical form, the perfect union of spirit and matter.
Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar
Shamshir_Zomorrodnegar
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: