Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012-what is really going down

+6
harveydent
LadyHydralisk
BeautifulEvil
antonchanning
deviadah
monkeyblood
10 posters

Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty 2012-what is really going down

Post  monkeyblood Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 am

Well,every forum has one,apparently........
Now I know I should mention the Mayan Calendar,Jose Arguelles,John Major Jenkins and all the other well-known crew but it was Terence McKenna's 'Timewave Zero' theory that has caught my attention,for a few reasons.
He devised a graph that ran on the King Wen sequence of the I Ching and called it 'Timewave Zero'.I have only a cursory knowledge of the I Ching but as a tool of divination its one of the major ones so a theory based on that really intrigues me.The full explanation of the theory appears in the McKenna's book,'The Invisible Landscape',which I havent read.(I'm taking this second hand from a magazine article so if anyone finds fault please feel free to refute)
There are two delineators in the graph,novelty and habit.Novelty can be thought of as the ebb and flow of human development over time,the more novelty,the more things are happening to influence the world in its development.The opposite of novelty is habit and thats when interesting occurrences slow down.The higher the reading on the graph,the more habit is evident,the lower,the more novelty.
In order to get to the 2012 end date,Terence mapped out a graph using the 'highly novel' event of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima in 1945.Using a 67.29 year cycle from the bombing,he deduced that novelty reaches such a point in 2012 that it goes off the chart itself.
Timewave since 2001-on the timewave one can see a peak and fall of habit into novelty on the ninth month of 2001(September 11)We entered a trough of novelty from the end of 2001 to 2004.Another peaking of habit started in 2005 and is going to reach its zenith halfway through 2008 when the plateau of habit falls back to novelty.
This theory intrigues me 'cause I can't see other things NOT happening in the leadup to 2012.....also because I was meditating and a message came through that something important in terms of change was going to happen in the second half of this year around Sept\Oct.....I dont get messages that clear so of course I've been interested to hear what others are predicting...although its just a matter seeing what pans out....at least its not too long to wait.
From the end of 2008 another trough of novelty shows.the major difference between the end of 2008 and Dec 2012 is that the peaks and troughs of novelty get smaller and more densely packed...none go as high as the 2008 habit peak and this points to the idea that novelty will increase faster over the next 5 years than any other time in history....then after Dec 21st 2012 novelty disappears.....

Last edited by monkeyblood on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty Re: 2012-what is really going down

Post  monkeyblood Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 am

Hey I am quoting from an article written by Chard Currie for New Dawn magazine called 'Out with the old,in with the NOO-2012,Timewave,Omega Point and a touch of Chaos'

'McKenna gave many theories on what would happen after 2012 while never really suscribing to any specific one.Ideas that humans could become connected through new technology,UFO could visit(for real).AI or time travel could be perfected were just some of the areas he explored.'

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty McKenna on prophecy

Post  monkeyblood Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:47 am

I'm well aware of the slippery nature of prophecy,and how once a prophecy is made,there is ample evidence at hand to support it.However,I think the evidence is that we are pointed toward a very tight choke point of some sort,and people who blithely assume that history will be a going concern in 500 or 1,000 years dont seem to have grokked the transformative power of technology.My timewave zero software places tools in your hands for you to decide whether this theory is just the product of too much psilocybin.....

Terence McKenna

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty 2012 resources

Post  deviadah Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:06 pm

LOL

Yeah, it was only a matter of time before we had a 2012 thread.

Some resources:
2012: Dire Gnosis
Survive 2012
The how and why of the Mayan end date in 2012 A.D.

I personally think it is a shift in consciousness where the Indigo Child will step forth and claim the world, and the New Aeon of mankind will begin. There will be pain and sorrow, but change always cause harm to those that build shelters rather than sails when the winds of change are blowing!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeyblood Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:43 pm

deviadah wrote:

There will be pain and sorrow, but change always cause harm to those that build shelters rather than sails when the winds of change are blowing!

Third Eye

I like that quote....thats going up on a wall.....for when I get scared about the changes I see coming......

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  antonchanning Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm

With regards 2012, I quite like the graphic novels, Promethea by Alan Moore, and The Invisibles by Grant Morrison. Moore's is better, but Morrison's is still worth a read.

My take on it is that 2012 is slightly more obscure than the 1999 eclipse, 2000, and 2001 events, but that it is of especial importance in the occult world. Think of the immense wave of relief throughout occulture as Dec 22nd 2012 dawns. Or especially as we enter 2013. Regardless of how bollocks you think 2012 is, the very fact that so much attention has been given to it will lend it power, just like 2012. We have to be careful of course, the 2000/2001 event fed into the apocalyptic type events of Sept 11, but then that was the one all the christians were routing for, and whilst they had some impact, really its turned out to be a bit of a limp squid (luckily). 2012 however is the occult bag. Our end of aeon ideas tend to be less violent and more transformational and productive. So I'm not expecting anything quite so stupid as 9/11 to result from 2012.
antonchanning
antonchanning
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://serpent.antonchanning.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:58 am

2012 however is the occult bag. Our end of aeon ideas tend to be less violent and more transformational and productive. So I'm not expecting anything quite so stupid as 9/11 to result from 2012.

This is not always true my friend! There are the white brothers, and there are the black brothers. There are those that wish to imminentize the eschaton, and then there are those that wish to immanentize the eschaton. There are magicians, and then there are sorcerers.

Some wish for the end of all, and others wish for a new beginning. I feel 2012 will be a very important point in human history, and both sides will have say over what happens. Good stuff will happen, and bad things will happen, but I don't think either party will win.

We're already feeling the impact from this event. Hence the whole future determines the past school of thought. How can you prepare for this event? Well you can't, but you can try and brace yourself. The truth to the new aeon is to not embrace the light and disregard the darkness, or to embrace the darkness and disregard the light; we are suppose to be masters of both the light and darkness, attain equilibrium from the two, and to unite both sides into unity.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I plan on having sex or something, otherwise, I'm not getting really excited because that wouldn't be very zen productive... Sleep
LadyHydralisk
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  antonchanning Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 am

BeautifulEvil: I have met many magicians, and many sorcerers, have met and been friends with many on the left hand path, and many on the right hand path. I have yet to meet a sorcerer that wants the world to just end. Also, most of the public aren't even aware of the 2012 phenomena, which means it simply doesn't have the mass emotional energy that 2000 had. The black brothers had their chance, and all they managed was a terrorist attack and a couple of invasions of Islamic nations. A great humanitarian tragedy yes. End of the world no.

There simply won't be enough energy to end the world on 2012, unless someone is VERY clever, careful and deliberate with their planning. Even then the snafu principle will almost certainly ensure that things keep going and their plans are thwarted. Not to say they can't do some damage, but I look around and see they already are, so that will be nothing new.

The big change will be the change of consciousness in the occult world in general when people stop focusing on some future date and think 'this is it, the time is now'. The time is always now. Its just that by focusing on future dates like this one, we have been distracted from that fact... Smile

LadyHydralisk wrote:I plan on having sex or something, otherwise, I'm not getting really excited because that wouldn't be very zen productive... Sleep

Good plan.
antonchanning
antonchanning
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-15

http://serpent.antonchanning.com

Back to top Go down

Post  harveydent Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 am

BeautifulEvil wrote:
2012 however is the occult bag. Our end of aeon ideas tend to be less violent and more transformational and productive. So I'm not expecting anything quite so stupid as 9/11 to result from 2012.

This is not always true my friend! There are the white brothers, and there are the black brothers. There are those that wish to imminentize the eschaton, and then there are those that wish to immanentize the eschaton. There are magicians, and then there are sorcerers.

We're already feeling the impact from this event. Hence the whole future determines the past school of thought. How can you prepare for this event? Well you can't, but you can try and brace yourself. The truth to the new aeon is to not embrace the light and disregard the darkness, or to embrace the darkness and disregard the light; we are suppose to be masters of both the light and darkness, attain equilibrium from the two, and to unite both sides into unity.

Never fear the darkness, for it leads to the light! Wink

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty 2012 by Daniel Pinchbeck

Post  monkeyblood Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Just finished Daniel Pinchbeck's 2012-The year of the Mayan Prophecy.....found this on pages 2-3.....
.'their underlying meaning points toward a shift in the nature of the psyche......while wars,economic recessions and natural disasters are self-evident phemomena....a change in the nature of the psyche would,at least at first,be a subtle and invisible process.
Eventually,however,such a mindshift would have results in the physical world just as real as those headline grabbing events that capture global attention....after all,the surface of the earth has been reshaped....by human thought....thought projected into material form by increasingly powerful technologies....if we were to experience a change in our thinking,the world could be transformed once again.

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:55 am

I have yet to meet a sorcerer that wants the world to just end.
I'm surprised you haven't come across these magicians yet. Keep searching, they're out there, and they're more numerous than you may think. They definitely have a negative effect, and many of the "white" magicians are trying to counterbalance their malevolence. There are entire secret societies dedicated to this end, and I'm willing to bet that there are more skilled & powerful black magicians than there are white magicians.

I use to be this type, back in the beginning of my path, until I knew the truth of balance and equilibrium. Not only did I want the world to "end" I wanted all reality to "end" with it, and most of my rituals were directly aimed at the assault of reality.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

2012-what is really going down Empty Chilaism and millenarism...or- behold, a white horse.

Post  carabric Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 pm

deviadah wrote:
Yeah, it was only a matter of time before we had a 2012 thread.
While some may be in the dark- this concept has been with alchemy since the beginning. In the final chapter of Le Mystere des Cathedrales Fulcanelli makes famous the cyclic cross of Hendaye, a cross that may bear a chilaist message for our time. Chilaism by definition is the thousand year reign of the golden age of man. Messiah, Christ, Maitreya, Saoshyant, Kalki, Hujjat al-Mahdī are the many names given to the bringer of this age, and while I'm unsure if this is a singular person or group of people- they have been traditionally referred to as Elias the Artist or the one prince within the writings of alchemy. There are four phases ascribed to the art, which over time have been allegorically compared to the four ages of man. But to pass through to the fourth and final phase of the magistery or age, which is a blessing- one must undergo a trial or judgment. Fulcanelli briefly touches on what this trial, realized externally within the glass of the world instead of the glass of the philosopher may be. He calls it the double catastrophe, that the northern hemisphere will be tried by fire. It is difficult to know what this trial or judgment may be in it's wholeness and we can only guess from this side of the coin. Excepting the fortunate few who escape this fate, called the elect by Fulcanelli, our lot is anything but a happy one if or when this trial is realized. The time he ascribes to this trial by fire comes at the zenith of the helicoidal rising of our sun... and that of course happens on the now famous date 12/21/12. Bear in mind his warning came well before the many contemporary views now found today.
If I was to guess at the original posts concern on the increase of novelty expressed in the middle and later parts of 2008 I would either suggest something related to the Olympics, the election, or perhaps it may be when the Ministry begins. Or maybe all or none of the above...if we were to use history as a guide and work back from the 2012 date to the mid point of 2008 we would arrive at roughly 3 1/2 years. Jesus was said to minister for this same 3 1/2 year duration before he was crucified. If it is the beginning of some new teacher or school of thought I'm not sure it would be so bold, I doubt you'd see it on Oprah, but who knows it may have the speed of a forest fire. If it is the election, it's already historic for numerous reasons, but the obvious reason should not escape our minds when considering that other people are not so ready for change. And these people are the limiting factor for many of us who would embrace something unique in the way of politics. But if it were the Olympics, it would remind me of the chilling prophecy from Nostradamus written below:
Century 10, Quatrain 74
-The year the great seventh number is accomplished,
-Appearing at the time of the great games of slaughter:
-Not far from the age of the great millennium,
-When the dead will come out of their graves.

Then again it is hard to guess, but if you believe what they say- the alchemist have always known...to them the future is as easy to see as peering into glass. Regardless the fourth age does sound like a nice place...getting there is another matter.
John French (Art of Distillation): I am of the same mind with Sendivogius that the fourth monarchy which is northern is dawning, in which (as the ancient philosophers did divine) all arts and sciences shall flourish, and greater and more things shall be discovered than in the three former. These monarchies the philosophers reckon not according to the more potent, but according to the corners of the world, whereof the northern is the last and, indeed, is no other than the Golden Age in which all tyranny, oppression, envy, and covetousness shall cease, when there shall be one prince and one people abounding with love and mercy, and flourishing in peace, which day I earnestly expect.
Below is the Greek shaped cross of Hendaye, the four ages of man represented by the four sacred A's within the circle and divided. The saying in Latin is "Hail O Cross, The Only Hope" but there is another deeper meaning which can be divined further using the cabala. If there is enough interest I will go into further detail, but it's readily found elsewhere.
2012-what is really going down Hendaye2012-what is really going down Image0052012-what is really going down Image008
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:06 am

Several years ago I had read The Mayan Prophecies by Adrian Gilbert and Maurice Cotterell.

I remember something about with the Sun being a sphere of liquid plasma that the equatorial region is rotating at a different speed than the polar regions are. After 26,000 years or so the poles of the Sun would be in reverse of the the equatorial regions and itself would have a pole shift. Which at that time, the Sun would start to give off all sorts of solar radiation and bombard the Earth.

Supposedly this has happened several times before and has been linked to great changes on the surface of the Earth and also its inhabitants. The book had linked drought, flooding, famines and disease to the results of the solar radiation. I don't know enough about astronomy to know how solid this theory is.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:36 am

The changeover of sun poles sun occurs every 11 years.
We can see precursors : solar tasks.
These solar tasks, black, appear first anywhere on the surface of the sun. Then they move closer to the equator. Finally, they disappear when the changeover of poles.

So I see nothing that validates the theory of Gilbert and Cotterell.

The changeover in question here is of course magnetic.
Green Lion
Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 am

Jepetto, I think you might be confusing the 26,000 year cycle of the sun, with the procession of the Earth's axis (25,800 years).
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 am

Yes, it seems I have confused the Earth's pole shift with that of the Sun. I had dug this book out of my storage boxes to check what I was thinking.

In the appendix, theres a section on the sunspot cycles. Which is what I had been thinking of. According to this info, the effects of the Sun's magnetic field reverses about every 3,750 years and each reversal takes aprox. 374 years to complete start to finish. Five of these cycles totals about 18,750 (though the books cites 18,139) years. Which looks to be the number that I confused with the Mayan Long Count.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:36 am

Concerning the Fall of 2008 from the original post; there is secondary "evidence" to support that something immense is in the works. http://www.halfpasthuman.com/ is a website that utilizes webots or spiders to collect data in an attempt to decipher the collective unconscious. Cliff (no last name) is the developer of this software and feels that something of importance is about to happen. Based on my own personal research I would tend to agree with this assumption. Here is an interview concerning this projected event and the relevant details. http://www.zshare.net/audio/1843877341ba555d/
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Good project, I've been thinking about writing my own spiders to do these type of reports. I can't see myself paying so much for this data, but this is what I do for a living, a programmer.

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/ is a website that utilizes webots or spiders to collect data in an attempt to decipher the collective unconscious. Cliff (no last name) is the developer of this software and feels that something of importance is about to happen.

Let's also remember we have the Large Hadron Collider starting operation on the 10th of September (tomorrow). This will be a pretty big event I think, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider. It's like our own era's tower of babel.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm

I wanted to post some information on the book I mentioned in a previous post. The book title is called "Watermark" and the author is "Joseph Christy-Vitale." An interesting name I might add.

Twelve thousand years ago, the human race barely escaped annihilation when a piece of exploded star passed through our solar system, unleashing an apocalypse. Great fires raged, mountains rose and fell, a maelstrom of cosmic debris bombarded Earth, continents broke apart, and oceans swept across the land. Millions of people, animals, and plants perished almost overnight. Entire societies, cultures, and belief systems were lost forever. The resulting aftershock shaped humanity for thousands of years, and continues to haunt us to this day. This is not fiction. This is history. Using authoritative source material and an understanding of mankind's aptitude for the transmission of factual knowledge through myth and legend, Joseph Christy-Vitale dramatically unveils a past unlike any proposed by either religion or science, viewing the global catastrophe as living history, since the traumatic effects of that terrible event affect us as a species even today. Providing an insight into where our troubled view of the world originated,Watermark tells the true story of how humanity's brush with extinction still pervades our lives -- and offers the first step to recovering what we lost so long ago: a healthy, balanced view of the world.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Hutp924WViQC&dq=watermark+phaeton+book&source=gbs_summary_s&cad=0

You may also find a preview of the book on google.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down