Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Caduceus of Hermes

+4
mescalinfusion
MythMath
LadyHydralisk
deviadah
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Empty Re: The Caduceus of Hermes

Post  EtuMalku Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:14 pm

What duh?
EtuMalku
EtuMalku
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:31 pm

EtuMalku wrote:What duh?
I just meant that it has already been established in the following image (from the first post in this thread):

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Coh

Wink
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:28 pm

deviadah wrote:

Also stumbled upon this images while looking for something else:

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Compass

Interesting picture. Whoever carved it or commissioned it was definitely not a Master. Wink
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:58 pm

deviadah wrote:The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Alchemysymbol

LadyHydralisk wrote:Well, ok, I'll try...

The serpents represent the two great principles, Absolute and Sakti, manifesting from earth (in the form of male and female practitioners)

The orange flaming ball at the bottom represents the whole solar system and the little black dot is earth.

The three triangles - abrahadabra again....

Their tails (forming a crescent shape -allah's symbol) are...uhh...on fire...which is heating up the alembic and they are dripping venom and saliva into it...they appear to be in the act of raising the water levels....we see that the changes inside the vial are express externally but still contained within the forms of their bodies....

The three crowns on top represent the alignment of the highest tiers of the tree of life, binah, chokmah, kether.

In the alembic is being created a new paradigm...

I'm going to go one step further regarding the serpents tails. I see the crescent you are talking about, but in Christian symbology this is evidence of the Virgin Mary. The serpents can be seen as a sign of male verility - especially since they are injecting a venom into something - being the alembic. Here you have the law of opposites. The crescent, like a chalice, is seen as a womb with the secret fire exposed to the air. I can't tell what the image within the container is, but it looks like another flame - and since I'm still new to the game I'll ask someone to explain to me what a paradigm is in regards to alchemy.

The crowns are symbolic of Hermes Trismegistus. The design below the serpents is the four elements, so you're right about it being the "solar system". From the center out, Earth, Water, Air, Fire. There are actually four triangles there (not three), each pointing to a different ring of the sphere under the serpents to their respective elements.

What we have then, is a pictoral interpretation of the Emerald Tablet.
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Israel wrote:What we have then, is a pictoral interpretation of the Emerald Tablet.
Great conclusion!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:28 am

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 0000210

I found this image while flipping through The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception written by Max Heindel.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:03 am

Jepetto wrote:I found this image while flipping through The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception written by Max Heindel.
Nice find... like the b&w!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Empty Caduceus DNA

Post  deviadah Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:03 am

Found a nice image on the Web:

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 1216731209_resized

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Jepetto Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:59 am

The Ogdoad or 8 symbolizes the eternal and spiral motion of cycles, and is symbolized in its turn by the Caduceus. It shows the regular breathing of the Kosmos presided over by the eight great gods -- the seven from the primeval Mother, the One and the Triad.

I found this little snippet in a document titled Symbolism of Numbers, taken from THEOSOPHY, Vol. 45, No. 2, December, 1956.
Jepetto
Jepetto
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-02-13

http://www.solitarysociety.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Hermetic.Alchemist Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:14 am

deviadah wrote:This images from the site you supplied is great in its child-like simplicity:

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Caduceus-theomor-skel

Third Eye

Also stumbled upon this images while looking for something else:

The Caduceus of Hermes - Page 2 Compass

mason symbol

The.Hermetic.Alchemist
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Hermetic.Alchemist Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:22 am

If it is this one you mean I can't give you an answer since the website I got it from tells nothing of what it represents, but I welcome your interpretation!

Third Eye

you all are right and wrong about this picture. the black dot is in fact the earth, but because the earth is on fire, this represents the so called hell, where we are and are not at this moment. the masons are keeping this secret, the sun is to have solar flares, this is why the earth is represented as on fire. the two serpents represent the non stop battle between the two forces, good and evil. the vile is filling up representing our waters, meaning the sea level is to rise. the three crowns, which are represented in many other ways, is the three antichrists that are to come to earth before the real savior is to come. that is if you believe in this. another representation is of an old Greek statue of a father with two sons who are entwined in snakes, or serpents who are biting the heal of one of the sons. but to stick to the topic of Hermes, please tell me more of him, the story of how Hermes was a man who turned into a woman then back into a man is a new story to me.

The.Hermetic.Alchemist
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Israel Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 am

The.Hermetic.Alchemist wrote:

If it is this one you mean I can't give you an answer since the website I got it from tells nothing of what it represents, but I welcome your interpretation!

Third Eye

you all are right and wrong about this picture. the black dot is in fact the earth, but because the earth is on fire, this represents the so called hell, where we are and are not at this moment. the masons are keeping this secret, the sun is to have solar flares, this is why the earth is represented as on fire. the two serpents represent the non stop battle between the two forces, good and evil. the vile is filling up representing our waters, meaning the sea level is to rise. the three crowns, which are represented in many other ways, is the three antichrists that are to come to earth before the real savior is to come. that is if you believe in this. another representation is of an old Greek statue of a father with two sons who are entwined in snakes, or serpents who are biting the heal of one of the sons. but to stick to the topic of Hermes, please tell me more of him, the story of how Hermes was a man who turned into a woman then back into a man is a new story to me.

It is indeed similar to the patented Masonic symbol, but as I stated before - whoever put this up was not a Master Mason and so I don't think that it signifies any meeting place or any true understanding of Freemasonry (this is assuming that the image was found on its own without any similar designs around it).

As regards to the assumption that the Masons hold some secret about the Earth being on Fire, I strongly disagree. First off, being a Mason, I have a bit of knowledge about it. Secondly, I have seen several designs showing that the element fire (which many alchemists relate to energy) being the furthest outside sphere, followed by the Ethereal air as the creative energy begins to coagulate, then the unstructured waters which eventually take form as described in Genesis, and finally Earth or solid bodies, on the inside. If you look at the design, you will see four distinct spheres, not just the Earth on Fire.
Israel
Israel
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:23 am

The.Hermetic.Alchemist wrote:...is the three antichrists that are to come to earth before the real savior is to come. that is if you believe in this...
Which I don't...and although you have valid points I still feel the most simple way to explain this picture is to say: the alchemical transmutation
Israel wrote:If you look at the design, you will see four distinct spheres, not just the Earth on Fire.
There is always 4 elements, and none more important than the other.

Earth = root
Fire = energy

A burning Earth is not negative... but positive: Calcination

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  The.Hermetic.Alchemist Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm

I wanted to go back and erase this quote. but now people have gone and posted a reply to it. Like all art the painter painted the picture, although the painter painted it for a specific purpose or to have a specific meaning, but the artist also knows that every person who views the painting is going to interpret it in their own way. this is why this artwork has several meanings, and not just one.

The.Hermetic.Alchemist
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2