Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aurora Consurgens

3 posters

Go down

Aurora Consurgens Empty Aurora Consurgens

Post  deviadah Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 am

This is an illuminated manuscript of the 15th century that contains medieval alchemical treatise. It is attributed to a writer called Pseudo-Aquinas. I like these, they remind me of Munch (you know the guy who painted The Scream)!

Link: Description of figures from the Aurora consurgens

Aurora Consurgens Aurora-1
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-2
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-3
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-4
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-5
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-6
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-7
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-8
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-9

Aurora Consurgens Obrist_11
Mercury in the form of a serpent decapitating the Sun and the Moon. Gold and silver flowers in a vessel on the fire.

Third Eye

Last edited by on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Aurora Consurgens Empty Re: Aurora Consurgens

Post  LadyHydralisk Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:14 am

Okkkaaay, those are extremely weird....

The first one reminds me of this painting of mine:

Aurora Consurgens Neoeagle

Not sure what to make of all of the others...
LadyHydralisk
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143

http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:20 am

Yes, very wild... Smile
MythMath
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:11 pm

Well....the artist sure sucks...from a spiritual perspective I have some random thoughts (discard if you like)

But here's another image of that blue bird, this time he's holding snakes together

The Garuda Purana is known as one of the most stringent and difficult texts in all of the Vedas, it includes rules that most Hindus do not follow, including the practice of Sati, where the wife immolates herself on a funeral pyre.

I looked over the text during my emergence from jhana I looked over the purna and found nothing wrong with it, and in fact it seems to me to be a very necesary text expecially for the Kali Yuga.

It may not seem so, but Krsna is correct (imho) when he says "But ignorant and faithless persons who doubt the revealed scriptures do not attain god consciousness, instead they fall down"

It seems to me humans are very difficult, they want to argue with everything and they don't have the right mindset for learning from a guru. In this way the world is hopelessly mired in darkness. This is why we have Apep, or Ananta looking into things, which is bad luck in Egyptian lore but only something to be considerd very important and worth paying attention to in Hinduism. Now which do we want to use, fear or attentiveness?

This is just related to the first image, now the blue serpent in the last image where it is cutting off the heads of the red and white people is really strange, perhaps that's a warning....does the bluebird of happiness turn into an evil axe wielding snake murderer?!!?

Smile
LadyHydralisk
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143

http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Aurora Consurgens Empty Image 28

Post  deviadah Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:20 pm

Against a green background a great blue eagle with e yellow beak hovers its wings outstretched. In front of the eagle and partly occluding it stands a naked female (to the left) and a male figure (on the right), facing outwards their arms around each others shoulders. Upon the woman's genitals is seen a blue lunar crescent, while her male companion has a solar disc. In her right outer hand she holds a brown bat , while the man holds a limp dead hare in his left outer hand. They stand upon a oval black disc upon which are seen numerous blue birds. - source
Aurora Consurgens Aurora-1

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content