Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Order of The Golden Dawn

2 posters

Go down

The Order of The Golden Dawn Empty The Order of The Golden Dawn

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Taken from this site: http://hometown.aol.com/rosycrossorder/

Shown in the photo to left is Gustav Meyrink (1868 - 1932). He was a member of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and believed the "prime matter" to be struvite (magnesium ammonium phosphate) which is made by adding magnesium chloride to urine. It precipitates to the bottom as a white salt. Why did he believe this was the prima materia? Most likely because he witnessed it's manufacture and use in the Order and the name of the Order itself is a metaphor for morning urine.

It's interesting to note that during the time he was a member (1889) he also opened a new bank. Perhaps to funnel money from his work with transmutation? It was proven that he was a member of this Order because it's founder, William Wynn Westcott, sent him a letter which remained in his archives. It's also interesting that Westcott is the creator of the Hermitic Order of the Golden Dawn, and yet even he left the Order and made another one, the Stella Matutina. He was also a member of a Rosicrucian society.

The Amoun Temple of the Stella Matutina in London closed its doors in 1919. This was due to two members becoming schizophrenic, one of whom, a clergyman, was later to die in the mental hospital. (Mr. Lenz perhaps?)

This is interesting because I have always thought that the order's name indicated an alchemical secret! Let's not forget that Crowley was involved in this particular order, and it seems as though he knew of the philosopher's stone (he mentions it in a few texts, clearly in some, and obscured in others). Just thought I would share this with others. Third Eye
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

The Order of The Golden Dawn Empty Urine

Post  deviadah Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks for that... I actually never made that kind of connection before!

But if Golden Shower is urine, then Golden Dawn sure can be the same...

What the hell!

Although to be the devils advocate... according to history the alchemist found interest in urine only because the color of it were thought to come from gold. But gold can be found in a lot of liquids, even semen (I think). And this obsession led to the discovery of phosphorus etc...

Perhaps it is just a methaphor for something that is impure and transmuting it into something pure?

Comments?
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Order of The Golden Dawn Empty Trevisan

Post  deviadah Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:10 am

Resolved to search and travel every Land
The Globe had ever shown, At length I came
To golden Ganges in ye Land of fame,
And Appeleia is ye Citys name. - from Parable of the Fountain by Bernard Trevisan
"Bernard Trevisan worked with minerals and natural salts using distillation and crystallization methods... when these failed he turned to vegetable and animal material, finally using human blood and urine." - source

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Order of The Golden Dawn Empty Re: The Order of The Golden Dawn

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:46 pm

Although to be the devils advocate... according to history the alchemist found interest in urine only because the color of it were thought to come from gold.
That's what I heard before, but from what I know there are various other alternative theories related to urine and such. This is an ANCIENT art, going back thousands of years, and keep in mind that those in power tend to rewrite history to suit their agenda. So no doubt there are cover stories and conspiracies afoot, and even though the phosphorus story is interesting, it was also a cover story for the real secret.

But gold can be found in a lot of liquids, even semen (I think).
M-state transition metals can be found in many materials, and are perhaps the most abundant form of these elements!

"Bernard Trevisan worked with minerals and natural salts using distillation and crystallization methods... when these failed he turned to vegetable and animal material, finally using human blood and urine." - source
Human blood is another interesting source for these m-state materials. Apparently these materials help in the communication between cells and the nervous system, but I don't know the mechanism. The brain contains many of these m-state materials, and m-state iridium and rhodium can be found up to 5% dry weight in brain matter. Blood is an interesting source for these materials, I will say that much.

EDIT: I also wanted to add this, perhaps the reason why urine works to produce the philosophers stone is because of the minute cellular matter that tends to end up in urine after it as been passed through the body. The cells would break down and release their m-state components, these would then rise to the top of the urine and produce the iridescent film/oil that is the starting point of the work. I would like to try an experiment by adding blood to urine, and seeing if it produces more of this iridescent film/oil or if it produces it quicker than using urine by itself.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

The Order of The Golden Dawn Empty Re: The Order of The Golden Dawn

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down