Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there

+2
harveydent
simonv
6 posters

Go down

Hey there Empty Hey there

Post  simonv Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:42 am

Hello
I came across this forum doing a seach on Sal Ammoniac, the symbol for which I was interested to see is on the cover of the magician RJ Stewart's book Living Magical Arts.
I've long been a student of alchemy, western and Chinese, and look forward to making exchanges.
Simon
simonv
simonv
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Hey there Empty Hi

Post  harveydent Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:09 am

Hello and welcome to the Alchemy forums, im new here too, it's a pretty good place to hang around, their are some really intreasting ideas out their, did you know a fransiscan friar once thought he could make gold by boiling all the yellow yolks of an egg.. LOL I bet that made a nasty wiff in his laboratory! Wink

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Hey there Empty Re: Hey there

Post  monkeyblood Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:57 am

Hi Simony....welcome to the forum....lots of practical alchemists around....I'm more of a spiritual one....I just wouldnt trust myself with the chemicals....lol.....I couldnt afford the mistakes....too many dependants.

Chinese alchemy sounds interesting....how does it differ from western?

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:50 am

Hi there!

Welcome to the site!

Hope we will see and hear a lot from you!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arcanium Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Sup
Welcome to the forums. I feel the same as monkeyblood. I know a little about Chinese alchemy but not much maybe you should make a new topic about it.
Arcanium
Arcanium
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi, feel free to take your shoes off and stay a while!

I'll have some coffee brewing in a few moments.. LOL
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Hey there Empty Re: Chinese Alchemy

Post  harveydent Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:12 pm

In ancient china they also ingested Gold and Silver in tonics prescribed from their physician, gold, silver and ginseng have long been considered to contribute to longevity.

Ginseng the English word for ginseng derives from the Chinese term rénshēn (simplified: 人参; traditional: 人蔘), literally "man root" (referring to the root's characteristic forked shape, resembling the legs of a man).

Ginseng's medical efficacy remains unproven. It has been difficult to verify the medicinal benefits of ginseng using science, as there are contradictory results from different studies, possibly due to the wide variety and quality of ginseng used in studies. High-quality studies of the effects of ginseng are rare.

Panax ginseng is not recommended within Chinese Medicine to be administered along with anti-infective herbs unless a person is quite debilitated, because of the fear that the pathogen will be tonified. Herbalists in China believed this and according to Xu Dachun in his brief essay on ginseng (1757 A.D., during the Qing Dynasty): "if one administers Ginseng of a purely supplementing nature, then one will merely supplement the evil influences and help them settle down. In minor cases, the evil influences will, as a result of such mistaken therapy, never leave the body again. In serious cases, death is inevitable." Tongue

Crouching Tiger Rocks!

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:30 pm

There is a lot of interest regarding Chinese Alchemy around I've noticed... no real hardcore discussions yet though!

Although there is a thread on the subject HERE, which have kind of died so let's get it rockin' again!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  simonv Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:30 am

deviadah wrote:There is a lot of interest regarding Chinese Alchemy around I've noticed... no real hardcore discussions yet though!

Although there is a thread on the subject HERE, which have kind of died so let's get it rockin' again!

Third Eye

I'll start one in the spiritual alchemy section...
simonv
simonv
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: