Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who am I?

4 posters

Go down

Who am I? Empty Who am I?

Post  solomon levi Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 pm

How can I know who I am? Who is this 'knower' that knows me?
I could tell you of my past, my personal history... but it's not who I am.
I don't have a "who" anymore.
I am that which I am. I am "this".

Sounds like a line of bullshit, doesn't it?
Or maybe you're right there with me.

What can I say? My controlled folly is still folly.

I've avoided posting an introduction cuz I know how persons like to grade, measure, compare
and make evaluations and say "OK, you've done this and you know this much so you belong 'here'
in my inventory and now I got an idea of who you are and I can dismiss your actual present self because
I have knowledge/image and that's good enough for me."
Just observe for a moment the difference if I tell you that I've prepared and consumed the Red Lion, or if I tell you
my lab experience is limited to preparing herbal macerations. It's that "consumer" in us that's all about status -
what can I get from you, what good are you to me... if you're status is less than mine,
then I can feel good when I teach you something.

Yes, I'm thinking too much. Confused That's why I'm going to let go of all that and tell you
the two-bits on this non-existant entity we'll agree to call Solomon Levi:

As you can probably see I dig advaita/non-duality and Carlos Castaneda.
I respect the works of Krishnamurti (both of them), and Gurdjieff and his lineage.
I've studied alchemy for some 20 years. I attended one of David Hudson's first lectures on mono-atomics.
I've had one-on-one conversations and been to the home of the man known as 'the Essene', where he taught me
and showed me several marvelous things. If you're not familiar with this alchemist, his name derives from his claim
to recall a past life living on or near the shores of the Dead Sea where they made potash lixiviums from the plants
and precipitated m-state gold from the Dead Sea salt waters. I've worked with Dead Sea water (m-1), the Great Salt
Lake water (m-3), and ocean water (m-11). (Did you know that the potash from Scotch Broom will yield an m-1 liken
to that of the Dead Sea?) I have a pretty extensive library, plus the RAMS materials and the Pheonix Library.
I have not attended any alchemical college or school (PRS, PON, etc.)
At the age of 30 I had a full-blown enlightenment/cosmic consciousness "experience" that I thought I would never
return from. Then the Psilocybes wore off. Smile

Last night, I discovered a very quick way to wed the salt and sulphur of "a plant of most noble virtue" and I'm presently
evaporating it into a stone. I've been working with Starkey's volatile alkali, which seems to me to be an easier method
than Urbigerus' 3rd way of preparing a Circulatum. Then I found a more native sulphur to replace the turpentine and wow,
what colors!

Tried to post a photo. Not sure where it went.

Thanks for providing this web site.
I anticipate wonderful things.

ps: I concur - TOOL rocks!!

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Who am I? Empty Re: Who am I?

Post  deviadah Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:37 am

Welcome!

Look forward to talking a little about Gurdjieff who I am deeply interested in... amongst others you mentioned!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:05 am

Heh, I am right there with you. I can't remember the joy and contentment I went through after realizing the truth of these statements. I am that, and even beyond a state of I am.

I've avoided posting an introduction cuz I know how persons like to grade, measure, compare
and make evaluations and say "OK, you've done this and you know this much so you belong 'here'
in my inventory and now I got an idea of who you are and I can dismiss your actual present self because
No worries, I understand what you mean, very well in fact.

I've had one-on-one conversations and been to the home of the man known as 'the Essene', where he taught me and showed me several marvelous things. If you're not familiar with this alchemist, his name derives from his claim to recall a past life living on or near the shores of the Dead Sea where they made potash lixiviums from the plants and precipitated m-state gold from the Dead Sea salt waters.
The Essene! A very intriguing alchemist. I've heard of his stories, and read a few of his lectures. However, if you actually met the man, then I am quite jealous!

I've worked with Dead Sea water (m-1), the Great Salt Lake water (m-3), and ocean water (m-11). (Did you know that the potash from Scotch Broom will yield an m-1 likento that of the Dead Sea?) I
Yes, I've heard that before, but haven't tried it yet. Potash made from organic sources is really kind of interesting, and I believe that's one of the secrets of alchemy. I remember reading an interview about the Essene, and he mentioned a c-11 type m-state powder can be mad from the potash of lightly calcined wood ashes. I really need to examine the m-state claim to alchemy again. I've been focusing on more of the old texts and processes lately. I've been thinking a lot about sea shells and corels in regard to these m-state elements. I've not heard of this any other place, but I believe you may be able to obtain an m-state from sea shells & corels. I know Merelle of Alkymiens Mysterier mentioned sea shells in her book. Then we have mention of tinctures of these substances which are surprisingly medicinal and beneficial, and really, there is no other "reason" why.

I have a pretty extensive library, plus the RAMS materials and the Pheonix Library.
That's pretty cool, I've been meaning to purchase the RAMS materials. I have a decent collection of ebooks and paper material though, nothing major however. I tend to use the internet for most of my research and reference/source material.

Last night, I discovered a very quick way to wed the salt and sulphur of "a plant of most noble virtue" and I'm presently evaporating it into a stone.
Ah, a quick way you say? I'm interested since the only way I've heard of is through a long putrefication ending in a red waxy matter. If this can be done in a night or two, then that would be quite good!

Have you read the book called "Secrets of the Adepts: The use of Lully's Spirit of Wine?" I've been focusing a lot on the Spirit of Universal Mercury. Either way, you bring a very interesting side to this and I can't wait to interact with you more. Because most often alchemists tend to scoff the whole "m-state" theory, but I think it provides and excellent explanation.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Who am I? Empty thanks for the welcome

Post  solomon levi Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi Deviadah. I look forward to those talks.

Hi Beautiful Evil.
Yeah, I'm not sure exactly how monoatomics fit in with old alchemy or if it's its own path.
Yes, I think I perused Weidenfeld when I got the RAMS materials, but I'll have to go back over it.
I've been reading a bit about the acetone and am interested in that path. I noticed in the contents of
Weidenfeld that there's one on Circulatum Minus, which is what I'm presently working on, so
I'll read this again soon.
I remember a particular old treatise that explained the philosophers' principles as acidic and basic or acid
and alkaline instead of sulphur and salt. I'll have to re-read that one too. You might be interested in it.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Here's a pic of most of my alchemical library.
Hopefully you can discern the titles in case anyone wants to discuss
one of these books.
I was taking pics of processess and thought I might include this.

Who am I? Rick_s16

Found some more books:

Who am I? Rick_s11

Last edited by solomon levi on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:22 pm

BeautifulEvil wrote:
Heh, I am right there with you. I can't remember the joy and contentment I went through after realizing the truth of these statements. I am that, and even beyond a state of I am.

No worries, I understand what you mean, very well in fact.

Hey Beautiful Evil.
I'm really glad I met you. You've been true to your word, a rare thing indeed.
I had doubts that you really felt me, not that I doubted you personally for any reason -
I didn't know you - but I know lots of "spiritual" people that aren't like me at all and don't understand
what it is to give up the mind.
So thank you for all your sharing, your openness, and your unbiasedness.
I think you're awesome.
I'm saying goodbye because I can't be a part of a forum that is governed by a
biased moderator who doesn't know the meaning of the word "moderate".
You were extremely moderate. Didn't choose sides, remained neutral, didn't
cast aspersions and projections.
I love and respect you. I guess this is your week for complements.
I wonder if all these complements are setting up the "struck tower" card that
is similar to the nine gates image. Smile But I'm sure you're not attached to your crown
so it shouldn't be a problem. Wink

Your friend,
Solomon Levi

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Oh, ThPhARTh -
You are blessed.
To see the spirit where others see filth...
nothing can imprison you.
Smile

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi Solomon Levi,

I'm very sad to see you leave, you were a real asset here with your knowledge of practical alchemy! Your compliments are very well appreciated, and honestly it's sort of a self confirmation for me - it's good to know I am taking the right path. I understand the need to do thy will, and if that should include departing, then so be it! However, I will look forward to your return if you ever decide to come around these parts again, but please always remember you have friends here at AF.

May I still contact you through email? Let me know your address through PM if you ever come back to read this!

With that, I will bid you a merry departure, farewell!
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ThPhARTh Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:11 pm

the Air is and was clear, you know ^^

All the best on your journey Solo,
always grace to meet a Warrior

who knows,maybe later..
its a small worlds after all Wink

ThPhARTh
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 am

Too bad to see you leave.

Good luck with whatever endeavours you undertake.

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content