Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emerald Tablet - an introduction

3 posters

Go down

Emerald Tablet - an introduction Empty Emerald Tablet - an introduction

Post  deviadah Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:43 pm

The Emerald Tablet is probably the most famous alchemical text and some say the only one you need.

Here are some various translations of the tablet.

And then there is Hortulanus Commentary on the Emerald Tablet.

A Hyper-History of the Emerald Tablet by Dennis William Hauck

Emerald Tablet - an introduction Emerald_tablet_new_trans

Last edited by on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 am; edited 8 times in total
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Emerald Tablet - an introduction Empty Re: Emerald Tablet - an introduction

Post  quex Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:34 pm

Yay for the Tablet!
Some times I wonder if I could *really* understand the *so is above, so is bellow* wouldn't be enough to *really* understand the Art...
quex
quex
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:41 pm

Well, there is also as without, so within!

But it is true that phrase alone is not enough, but within the tablet is the whole process needed to transmute yourself from a dead stone into a living. Although the explanation could fill volumes of books, the actual core is pretty simple.

A lot of other occult and esoteric movements, and even many religions, interlink with the alchemical process. Most famous example I can think of is the re-surrection of Jesus, which to me is just an alchemical allegory for the transmutation of lead into gold.

My favourite part is for it overcomes all subtle things, and penetrates all solid things as it is a clear indication of the astral body.

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyHydralisk Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:56 pm

If you believe in astral bodies. I don't think I'm convinced, and I've done a lot of so called astral work. I'm finding the idea of an infinitely tiered structure, as in a very complex and complete body of light to be far more elegant and well thought out as opposed to a little ghost body we send out that can walk through walls. The idea of a structure of subtle ascending and dense descending bodies has unlocked more doors for me than the astral sciences has. Some might argue that this IS the astral body, yet the astral, traditionally is only one plane on a whole infinite range of spectrums visible with deep meditation practices.

So, slowly but surely, I've been filtering "astral" out of my language except in certain cases of what seems like that particular plane. I don't use it in a general new age term, to me, the astral is still a part of samsara - and it is (!) - in traditional practice in the east.

No, I believe what Hermes is referring to here is something much grander and vaster than the mere astral body. I think microcosmically, sure, it may be that at some level. Yet what about fire? What matter can withstand or not be broken apart by the plasmic heat generated by a star?

And before that, what of nothingness, that black stuff that lives in the depths of chaos, or dissolution? Black holes arn't telling us much of anything yet.

And of course, the Emerald Tablet is perfect for sexual intercourse....
LadyHydralisk
LadyHydralisk
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 143

http://kitsunehole.proboards51.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Sure, I agree with all that you say.

It is a word game in the end, and it has got to be called something. Smile

To me, though, astral is not individual.

An example: imagine your astral self as a PC and the astral plane as the Internet. When you begin surfing the web you leave your computer behind and you merge with the web. You are both at home and on the otherside of the planet at the same time. In a sense you are one with everything, and individual too.

Perhaps not the best example, but the best I can come up with right now!

Your post made me recall a certain supernova. Check out THIS thread.
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down