Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gnostic Alchemy

5 posters

Go down

Gnostic Alchemy Empty Gnostic Alchemy

Post  deviadah Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:43 am

In the Gospel of Philip it says:
Those who say they will die first and then rise are in error. If they do not first receive the resurrection while they live, when they die they will receive nothing.
To resurrect while still alive is to achieve the transmutation from lead into gold, or from the dead body/life into the living body/life. Or in even clearer terms from being one day Mr. Joe to the next God!

Astral travel, telepathy and such things is a possibility when the inner forces are awakened. We are all First Born and that is natural. To be Second Born takes a great deal of skill, and then finally to become Thrice Born that takes great will.

Click for: A short introduction to Gnosticism

Thoughts, ideas, questions or suggestions concerning the merging of Alchemy and Gnosticism?
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Alchemy Empty Some resources

Post  deviadah Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:27 pm

The Gnostic Science of Alchemy

The Gnostic Society Library - Alchemical Writings

The fact that the Gnostic Society has links to alchemical texts shows that Gnosticism and Alchemy walk common ground!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Alchemy Empty Re: Gnostic Alchemy

Post  WCH Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Wasn't the connection between Gnosticism and Alchemy the reason for Jung's interest in the latter? My understanding is that he had all these cool ideas, but was discouraged because nobody seemed to understand what he was talking about and he couldn't find any historical roots for them until he discovered Gnosticism and realised a lot of his theories were sort of neo-Gnostic. Felt better, but still saw it as odd that there was seemingly no continuation between what people did two thousand years prior and what he was doing... until he discovered alchemy and decided that alchemy was essentially a method of coding Gnostic beliefs in such a way as to escape persecution by the Church. He goes on to argue that alchemy, therefore, is the missing link between Gnosticism and his theories.

Of course, I've heard some criticism on these boards of Jung's approach to alchemy, and I agree to an extent... I think he reduces it too much, minimizing the practical side in favour of the spiritual, when, really, the two need to be going hand in hand or neither is going to work, at least as well. Still, I felt it was important to raise for discussion his thoughts on the subject.
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:33 pm

WCH wrote:Of course, I've heard some criticism on these boards of Jung's approach to alchemy, and I agree to an extent... I think he reduces it too much, minimizing the practical side in favour of the spiritual, when, really, the two need to be going hand in hand or neither is going to work, at least as well.
Yes I have noticed that too... I for one am somewhat pro-Jung. I think he is an important figure and has pulled forth a lot of forgotten shit back into the collective!

There has always been a silent war between the practical and spiritual sides of alchemy - and in fact one of the reasons why these forums exist is to put an end to this battle.

None is better than the other... and none is 100% accurate without the other. They are both part of the same system i.e. As above so below, as without so within... etc
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:09 pm

deviadah wrote:In the Gospel of Philip it says:
Those who say they will die first and then rise are in error. If they do not first receive the resurrection while they live, when they die they will receive nothing.

Yes - to my understanding, this is referring to other bodies which we possess, other levels of energy,
as you mentioned astral travel, etc. These bodies actually require some exercising. For one who is used
to walking and moving muscles, even on an unconscious/automatic level, to move while out of
the body is completely different - an effort of will/intent, which we don't normally use on a
conscious level, yet intent underlies everything we do. So when people die, if they have not
learned to utilise these bodies whilst alive, they will not be available when dead either, and
thus death will be an ending of the known and of themselves as far as they are concerned.

Something else to contemplate is waking up in your dreams, realising the dream nature of this world.

Some movies attempt to show this paradox of learning to use other bodies - "Ghost", "The Matrix".

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Gnostic Alchemy Empty Bodies

Post  overfien Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:22 am

The resurrection is the lifting of the seven serpents. These are the seven levels of knowledge the seven doorways of the seven great initiations of Major Mysteries. Each body has its own sacred fire. Revelations 2:1 “Unto the Angel of the church of Ephesus write: “These things said he that holdeth the seven Stars in his right hand who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks.” This angel is our Inner Christ who walks in the midst of the seven golden candle sticks. The seven stars are the seven major chakras. Each of our seven bodies that needs to be resurrected has its own golden candlestick.

overfien
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  ThPhARTh Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:03 am

overfien wrote:. Each of our seven bodies that needs to be resurrected has its own golden candlestick.

Hello Overfien,

I wonder, were does the idea of 7 bodies come from?
edit: can you explain a bit, as well as the source?
or experience?

ThPhARTh
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:57 pm

ThPhARTh wrote:I wonder, were does the idea of 7 bodies come from?
Might not answer your question but there is a lot of 7 related material in this thread: Seven

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  ThPhARTh Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:01 am

Am aware of the magnificence of 7, so great topic, thanks Dev

can it be a bit more complicated ( ) as -a body connected to each chakra.- ?
how I see Alchemy .. it is.
unless specific energy's are regarded as a body but are they Bodies in fact?

ThPhARTh
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down