Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recipies

+3
deviadah
Gunderic Mollusk
highvision
7 posters

Go down

recipies Empty recipies

Post  highvision Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 am

hey, i was just wondering if anyone had any recipies of alchemy. you know- something non-WOW related (i spent a lot of time sifting through WOW).

highvision
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

recipies Empty Re: recipies

Post  Gunderic Mollusk Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Well, my friend, very little, if anything, on this site relates to World of Warcraft. What many of us are studying on here are the old metaphysical workings of natural philosophy, which combined elements of mysticism with applied understanding, which would eventually create what we know as science. In fact, Newton himself was an alchemist, and his workings toward creating a dry, modern science was only tertiary to his quest to find the Elixir of Life. Give this place a look, check in our reference section, and see what you think.
Gunderic Mollusk
Gunderic Mollusk
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-10-15

http://gnosismollusk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  highvision Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm

yeah, i know, i wasnt looking for wow- this site is what i was looking for. I too like alchemy and its ventures. Alchemy in its various forms intrests me. ive looked through this site, and must say, im impressed with the knowledge that others have attained, and hope that by reading various posts, to gain knowledge too.

however, my origional question was if anyone had any recipies for alchemical creations. if not, its ok. i was looking for old (ancient) recipies people would try to make their potions and attempted elixers.

the panacea would be awesome discovery, not that i am intending to mix things together, but that from my research of the subject, i do not blame people from trying to find it.

highvision
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunderic Mollusk Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:06 pm

I'd recommend checking the Physical Alchemy section of our site, then. We've some truly illuminating posts on there, if not sources to lead you to knowledge.
Gunderic Mollusk
Gunderic Mollusk
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-10-15

http://gnosismollusk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

recipies Empty Paracelsus & Dew

Post  deviadah Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Well I don't know exactly the procedure but I heard Paracelsus used to collect dew at various points depending on what planets were in conjuction/formation etc... it is a sort of recpie...

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AF Admin Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 pm

This topic has been moved to practical alchemy!

Cool
AF Admin
AF Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-26

http://www.alchemyforums.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:21 pm

Well I don't know exactly the procedure but I heard Paracelsus used to collect dew at various points depending on what planets were in conjuction/formation etc... it is a sort of recpie...

This is interesting. I know the moon plays a great role in some alchemical processes, but I never considered that other planets would have an effect.

I guess I'll have to review some more of Paracelsus's work.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

recipies Empty Paracelsus & Dew - quotes

Post  deviadah Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:53 pm

For Paracelsus, as Manly Hall has said, gained his knowledge "not from long-coated pedagogues but from dervishes in Constantinople, witches, gypsies, and sorcerers, who invoked spirits and captured the rays of the celestial bodies in dew; of whom it is said that he cured the incurable, gave sight to the blind, cleansed the leper, and even raised the dead, and whose memory could turn aside the plague." - source
The harmonizing and healing properties of flowers have been acknowledged and utilized throughout history. The ancient Egyptians as well as the Australian Aboriginals made use of flowers to heal the emotions. In the 16th century, Paracelsus described collecting dew from flowering plants, diluting it and using this essence to treat various disorders. - source
Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  nemrog Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:31 am

Here are four recipies, note the third one is for scholasic knowledge and should not be tried.

I: Doaist recipy for perserving corpses. I saw this in Crystal Enchanments, under the Jade Section

collect morning dew in a copper pot and mix sacred saki, and crushed green jade together, then biol it till the jade disolves. Give 3 a day to a person who is dying, and supposedly it preserves the corpse.

II: Pancea : Boil Burdock (for Wind - Damp), Gardenia ( Wind - Heat), and male hemp ( for all wind type injuries) (about 10 g. each), in red wine and boil it till all the components have disperesed into the liquid. Then when ready drink.

III: Gravity : Note that this is dangerous and I'm not responsible for any actions taken by it. ( Info gatherd from TAbers medical dictionary.)

Theobromine Purpraea (the cousin of Ergot) is made by sealing coffee w/ high amounts of sugar in an a container and letting it sit for a period of 3 weeks. Rye bread paste (rolled into balls) can also be added to hybridize the solution. This mixed w/ a small portion of oil of Belladona (8 drops per solution) will create an alchemical brew that molds all things into one, while slowing the metabolism to ensure porlonged effect.

- and -

IIII: The ultimate stink bomb (alchemy style) :

mix :
- Arm and Hammer : Baking Soda
- Odor Eater foot powder
- Fabreeze (poder form)
- and Batherapy (mixed into = portions)

use 6 - 7 caps of hydrogen pyroxide to turn it into a brick like shape.

To activate simply add vinager and it'll set it off. It creates the most fouls smell you can think of and will sink into surfaces not leaving for several months. The refuse can be saved and placed in areas to insure a steady stink prevails in that area. Strangely enough the person near it when it goes off isn't that effected. but every one that enters afterwards is f***d.

nemrog
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

recipies Empty Remedies

Post  deviadah Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 am

I found this book on the Internet that might interest you all:

Pow-wows by John George Hohman

recipies Titlepg

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Barandos the Red Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:00 am

"A Wand For Searching For Iron, Ore Or Water"... I've heard of that before, and yes, I do believe it works. But I theorize that it comes from Satan rather than Gabriel since the Bible says that magic comes from him and that he maintains the form of an angel of light, being superficially good. So yeah, I'd personally rather not try that particular thing.
Barandos the Red
Barandos the Red
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-11-14

http://www.advancewars.net/forums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down