Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:55 am

Greetings and salutations, My names Daniel, my intreasts are in computers, sorcery, herbalism, alchemy and occult philosophy oh and astrology (although not too intreasted in astrology as mums an astrologer and it drives me barmey having to listen to her prattle on about the stars!) I am a Sagittarius, born under the sign of fire with Cancer rising apparently. My way or the highway, itchy feet love to travel.

Avid reading enthusiast, I've read a lot of estoric works, not intreasted at all in Witchcraft (wicca) I find it questionable to be running around in the nude and Gerald Gardener who made the practice widespred was into self flagulation, the phrase 'dirty old man' springs to mind, I wear mostly black robes or a black kaftan none of that running around nude lark! (Besides can you imagine spilling nitric acid in the lab and having it land on your privates because your refusing to wear clothes or protective equipment). Evil

Other things like Voodoo dont hold much sway for me but I see they use a lot of chemicals in some of their rituals powders, blowfish toxin, so I guess I am a bit of a theologian more into sorcery herbalism and alchemy. Wink

I have a cat that adores me, hardly surprising as I rescued it from under a car in a main road when it was just a kitten and the owner was disposing of it. I named her after a plant that crops up quite a few time's in stories about witchcraft "bella" (belladona)

Chemisty never really facinated me much as a child but I guess as the years have passed by at the tender age of 32 my intreast has been re-peeked, I dont believe our destiny is written in the stars as I believe we are all inderviduals and the only thing that defines us are the choices we make.

I worked with sheet steel for about two years, smelting, welding and building with it, iron oxide is a facinating thing, I watched as steel plates furred up with the stuff to get rid of milter scale. Iron or Steel without any acid etching or paint soon tries to return to its natural state. (Rust!) I can only say if you get angle grind from steel grinding up your arms and forgetting the iron dust is their at night when you go home and lay your arm across your face as you go to sleep that it is the most excruciating experiance ever!

Awoke to find my eyeballs where on fire and consequently spent the night howling, which was a good thing as it washed the dust out of my eyes, but left them looking like a very red raw tomatoe the next day!

Last edited by harveydent on Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:54 am; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : added bits)

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty 100th Member

Post  deviadah Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:11 am

Congratulations!

You are the 100th member!

LOL

Your prize will be Immortality!

Welcome to Alchemy Forums... glad to have you here!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Immortality

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Yay, I've always been intreasted in Magnum Opus Wink looking forward to picking up some tips and tricks.

Buying lab equipment and chemicals must be awkward since september the 11th.

Dont think I would want to live forever, but if you offered me the red pill I would definatly take it! LOL

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty How to get a visit from the secret police

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:15 pm

Call up your chemical supplier;

*ring-ring* *ring-ring*

Supplier answers the phone;

Supplier "Tech chem industries Howard speaking how may I direct your call?"

Alchemist "Hello, yes, I would like half a pound of ammonium nitrate, 1 pint of sulphuric acid and 1 pint of nitric acid oh and a 5oz bottle of mercury please...."

Supplier hesitates "Erm, may I ask you what do you require these chemicals for?"

Alchemist "Oh, its ok, I am an Alchemist pursuing Magnum Opus!"

LOL Think he'll fall for that one?
Angry

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  monkeyblood Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi and welcome.....its great to have another practical alchemist on board.
You made me laugh with what you wrote about your mum.....I have a deep interest in astrology and wonder if its the nature of esoterically inclined mothers to drive their children barmy.....we're just getting you back for all those dirty nappies, years of ironing school uniforms and making lunches when we couldve been running round paddocks in a black smock..... Tongue

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty LOL

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:02 pm

No I dont run round in it, I would be arrested for looking like the grim reaper. LOL

Its a striking shmok replica of the one the emperor wears in star-wars LOL the child in me is revealed.

Rolling EyesIntroduction Palpatine-girl-scout-cookies

What a nice robe!

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Halloween

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:13 pm

When halloween rolls round I cant wait to answer the door, with the house lights off and a big scythe in my hand. LOL (mean trick on the kids, scare em half to death!) LOL

Let the house door creek open slowly..

Oh and yes I know, big child, but I have a prop lightsaber as well.. That might work just as well..

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/thesith/index.html

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:35 pm

Welcome harveydent!

I've already replied to a few of your posts, and I'm just getting around to this thread. I noticed that we have a few interests in common with each other, which is fairly interesting. I am also an avid reader, and I'm probably spent atleast half my life caught up in books or texts of some sort. I'm most likely either reading, eating, drinking, or sleeping (I only sleep 1-4 hours per night).

Buying lab equipment and chemicals must be awkward since september the 11th.

Most chemical/glassware suppliers don't allow individuals access to their materials. They're all rather paranoid by the DEA and homeland security departments. People are stupid nowadays, and they would rather prevent access to these "dangerous" chemicals than to allow a personal researcher access to them for scientific research. It's really sad, because at one point in the history of the USA we had a booming scientific community, and chemistry was rather rampant. Of course, now we're lacking in the science arena, and are definitely being overtaken by the Russians and Chinese.

There are a few places where you can buy chemicals/glassware unhindered. Check ebay, there are many glassware stores there, and one or two decent chemical suppliers. Let them know what you plan on doing with it, but be fairly vague. Keep things as transparent as possible, and make them feel at ease. Also, the DEA probably checks these purchases, and they might pay you a visit and ask what you're planning on doing with these perfectly legal materials. I would advise not having any illegal or illicit materials around when this occurs. Do not posses any information relating to drug manufacturing, because they WILL get you on conspiracy to manufacture.

This is the land of the jackboot and gestapo. If you keep it smart, and play safe - you shouldn't have a problem. Also, keep your lab area CLEAN and SPOTLESS, purchase all the necessary safety devices, and dispose of your toxic chemicals properly (each city should have some type of chemical disposal unit). Never EVER EVER pour anything toxic down the drain or on the ground. This does impact the environment, even if in small amounts.

Be sure to keep papers and materials related to your alchemical research by your lab area, just incase the DEA does show up at your doorstep. You can provide them with the papers they need, which should ease their mind some. Be sure to keep a logbook of your experiments, and keep chemicals glassware in a cabinet with a lock. Keep solvents and other flammable chemicals in a separate lockable cabinet.

Like I said earlier, just be smart, stay safe, and you shouldn't have a problem at all.

EDIT: One more thing, try to create a business related to your research, or incorporate. This will definitely provide an aura of authenticity to your work, and should make purchases of these kind much easier.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction Empty Jolly Rodger

Post  harveydent Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:02 am

Yeah, I hear that, but the good news for us alchemists is most of the stuff we're looking for can easily be obtained from most household products if you know what your looking for.

For example Vinegar gives us one acid, another can be purchased as a drain cleaner in its purest form.

I have been puzzling over a lot of the old texts, some of them had some wakey ideas, like disolving gold in the salt of ammon, surely that cant be what hermes ment by a union of the two, silver and gold, we dont go murdering the sublime (our gold) by melting it in arsnic!

Oh and intreastingly where you find Electrum, you also find Silver and Gold, raising the speculation that Silver becomes Gold somehow, but vains of gold do not grow near places of volcanic activity, so that rules out the salts of ammon.

The problem is the silver when it binds with the gold it leaves an atom or two that dosnt bind, so if one of the parents has to go in this union of the two surely the mother in child birth!

Just my opinion, I think what we're seeking is something akin to Electrum Sulphide or Electrum Sulphate. If I find those unsuccessful I dont think I would continue down the path of nitrates, for one thing I like having all my fingers and being able to breath.

There was a very old papyrus floating around that had some intreasting insights.

Rose Gold - Just add copper
Gold Bars - Gold leaf wrapped around the lead bar, I bet that miffed a few merchants LOL

Thanks for your input, always welcome to hear! Wink

<Best movie clip ever - The Wise Man holding a sack of gun-powder over a candle in Army of Darkness> - Sam Rami said it best "Never run out of sugar baby!"

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down