Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicholas Flamel

+8
BeautifulEvil
WCH
Salazius
Iggy Walker
antonchanning
MythMath
sleeveless
deviadah
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nicholas Flamel - Page 2 Empty Re: Nicholas Flamel

Post  JamesBryan Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Many alchemist have said that they have transmutated things, and I'm not saying that I don't' believe them in fact I do.

I would also, if you had time, cite the source where it says that his wife witnessed his transmutation.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:16 am

JamesBryan wrote:I would also, if you had time, cite the source where it says that his wife witnessed his transmutation.
Proof is always difficult but Flamel wrote about this himself, so the source is Flamel! As far as I know anyway...

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:31 am

JamesBryan: I would also, if you had time, cite the source where it says that his wife witnessed his transmutation.

Not to be a "fuddy duddy" but this is rather common knowledge for many of us on this board. But since you asked nicely, here is a source.

Flammel's Hieroglyphics:Then, the first time that I made projection was upon Mercury, whereof I turned half-a-pound, or thereabouts, into pure Silver, better than that of the Mine, as I myself assayed, and made others assay many times. This was upon a Monday, the 17th of January, about noon, in my house, Perrenella only being present, in the year of the restoring of mankind, 1382. And afterwards, following always my Book, from word to word, I made projection of the Red Stone upon the like quantity of Mercury, in the presence likewise of Perrenella only, in the same house, the five and twentieth day of April following, the same year, about five o'clock in the evening; which I transmuted truly into almost as much pure Gold, better assuredly than common Gold, more soft and more plyable.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:52 am

Ah, I am guessing Perrenella is his wife? Also, someone stated in the first page of this thread that his wife still lives today?

Hmm, I doubt still live's today, she must of kept a very low profile and changed her name quite a few times, on top of that, car accidents, murder, stealing, can all make her name shine very easily. If she was still alive, she did a hell of a good job to keep down-low. Of course most of my post are opinions, like others.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:16 am

JamesBryan wrote:Also, someone stated in the first page of this thread that his wife still lives today?
Nicholas too... or so the legend goes!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:51 pm

So in a 24 hour period I learned that Flamel had a book that can be translated into a Latter-Day Saints book. I sage identified it, supposedly in his words. After that he attempted to transmute mercury into silver which worked, lead into gold, which successfully he did but the quality was disrupted. This gives support that the Law of Equivalency does exist (I support this in my theory paper). He also made himself and his spouse immortal, his grave was dug up by a thief. He corpse(if he was dead) wasn't there along with no possessions like gold.

Question: Just out of curiosity, I know its only human to feed on knowledge but if Nicholas Flamel was a devoted Catholic why would he be reading a book of Latter-Day?

Question: What is your guys opinions about the Immortality. Do you think they aging still occurs, does it hasten, or not at all?

Do you think mutation occurs when you use your own body to explore a domain of uncharted territory.

Just Quote that and answer it, It's for all. The immortality question I mean is for all. The first one is for 'prof's'.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 am

What is your guys opinions about the Immortality. Do you think they aging still occurs, does it hasten, or not at all?

It depends.
You can stop aging with the Stone, for "ever", but you can't avoid physical mortal accident, that "kill" your body (if they happens, karma is eradicated), even if you stop aging, you are still able to "die".

Moreover, you can have such a degree of sanctity that you can consciously play the game of mortality in the body, even if it is already immortal/pure light. In a sens, you can be perceived as an old man, being in fact, pure light. But mental cannot grasp that, so, you see the guy like any normal person, grey hairs, wrinkles etc.

Indian saint like Sri Yukestwarji, showed thyself to people (not aware of his death), few hours after the death, doing it's walk on the river bank of the Gange like everyday.

Yes, for me, it hasten the manifestation of immortality, first in the spiritual realm, "everything is now for ever", and then, paradoxically, with "time", your body begin to vibrate on the same long wave length of your spirit.

I've also heard thing like "the Stone car create a door to another world that you can go through with your physical body". Maybe a world of immortality.

Salazius
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:03 am

There are ways to prolong life, that is a fact. As far as living forever I would not rule it out... but then again we must also ask why should we? Before the world is a perfect utopia I don't see a reason to hang around for too long!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:34 pm

The perfect uptopia has laws and reasons. Someone controls that utopia. Why not rule your own utopia, right here in this, "REALITY".

Every dimension has its laws, reasons, and of course Cause-Effect.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Question: Just out of curiosity, I know its only human to feed on knowledge but if Nicholas Flamel was a devoted Catholic why would he be reading a book of Latter-Day?
What book(s) are you referring to??
Jerry
Jerry
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Jerry wrote:
What book(s) are you referring to??

The Book of Abaraham the Mage.

OR Also known as the Jew.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Hey ladies and gentlemen, anyone going to answer my other question? Im really crushed on that question, Im researching bout the Great Flamel, but still getting the same stuff.

I am currently trying to find some books related to him, what books did he write?
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:19 am

What specific points are you referencing that you believe "translate" to Latter Day dogma? Seeing as how Flamel predates any Latter-Day material I am more inclined to believe that that is how you are personally interpreting it. Are you from a Mormon background? If you are speaking of some other Latter-Day movement then I apologize for the confusion. However, if it is in fact what you are proposing then I would like to see your point(s)...while I do not speak for anyone else- I would guess that few (myself included) here are well versed in Mormonism to see the same connection you appear to see.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  Dizardos Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:36 am

Here are works of Nicholas Flamel:

Flamel's Hieroglyphics

Testament of Flamel

The Summary of Philosophy

In answer to your question regarding immortality I would say that one could come close, but that perfect immortality can never be achieved. It is like infinity. When one expresses infinity by means of numbers the idea might arise that one comes close to it, but it is always out of reach like with Tantalus. Stopping the aging process should not be too hard of a feat to accomplish relatively speaking, although the path to it is already a thin line that must be walked. It is all about harmony. Excess and shortages kill. I would however not consider the attainment of the Philosopher's Stone the final destination. The Stone is merely the first step towards perfect immortality and perfection in other forms, but it does not have to stop there. Much more can be achieved, although it indeed is clear that one quickly leaves the beaten path to achieve such higher aims. There appear to be no lights for guidance in such matters, but that does not mean it is impossible. Working in darkness is more difficult. That is all.

Have a great new year!

Dizardos
Dizardos
Dizardos
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:42 am

phliosehea wrote:What specific points are you referencing that you believe "translate" to Latter Day dogma? Seeing as how Flamel predates any Latter-Day material I am more inclined to believe that that is how you are personally interpreting it. Are you from a Mormon background? If you are speaking of some other Latter-Day movement then I apologize for the confusion. However, if it is in fact what you are proposing then I would like to see your point(s)...while I do not speak for anyone else- I would guess that few (myself included) here are well versed in Mormonism to see the same connection you appear to see.

Hahaha, I am rather humored by this. I am not a Mormon nor a Latter-Day. Religion does tie into science but nonetheless is the topic of my personnel religion.

I say that one of the books that was identified by a sage was a Latter-Day one because of this source.

Wiki of Flamel

Now I know wiki isn't a valuable source.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:41 am

I do not believe they are one and the same book...regardless of the shared title. The "Abraham" Flamel speaks of (if we are to believe the myth and legend of the story) was said to be a great rabbi closer to the time period Flamel lived in -as opposed to 2-3000 years before Flamels time (during the Abrahamic period of the bible). Careful when you "wiki"- though it provides decent information- more often then not it provides the "fast food" version of research, as I'm sure you're well aware. A case in point would be if you read the first paragraph from the "Book of Abraham" information they provide.

For many years the location of the papyri was unknown. However, in 1966 ten fragments were found in the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Subsequently, an additional fragment was located in the LDS Church Historian's Office. They are now referred to as the Joseph Smith Papyri. Both Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists have examined and translated the fragments, concluding that they are portions of funerary texts, dating to about the first century BC.[4] The text bears no resemblance to the translation given by Joseph Smith, and as a result the interpretation of the texts has been the source of significant controversy with Mormon critics and apologists differing on the reasons for the discrepancy.

*For all the cabalists I would like to point out our father Ram. Abraham- which also shares phonetic resonance with Brahman.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2