Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt

3 posters

Go down

Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt Empty Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt

Post  Barbitone Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi. Can anyone tell me if this book exists and if so where I can find it?

Thanx.
Barbitone
Barbitone
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt Empty Re: Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt

Post  phliosehea Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm not sure if there is a third part, but the second part concerning sulphur is available...it can be found on the alchemy website. Here you go though I'm sure you probably already found this. There is no treatise "concerning" salt per title within Sendivogius's works that I'm aware of. Obviously salt is mentioned in the lower portion under "concerning the Three principles of all things" but you won't find it if you're looking for that exact title, I'm afraid it doesn't exist to my knowledge.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt Empty Re: Sendivogius - A New Chemical Light III - A Treatise on Salt

Post  Barbitone Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:52 pm

Thank you Philiosehea. Yeah I don't think there is such a thing...... I think I was actually looking for Solinus Saltztal's "Fountain of Philosophical Salt" & "A Recapitulation" by Orthelius of Sendivigius. and ive got it.......

Thanks anyway mate!
Barbitone
Barbitone
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Illen A. Cluf Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 am

Barbitone wrote:Hi. Can anyone tell me if this book exists and if so where I can find it?

There is a German language treatise on Central Salt in Johann Joachim Becher's "Chymischen Gluckshafen", 1632, pages 231-239. It is entitled "Processus D. Michaelis Sendivogii Super Centrum Universi Feu Sal Central".

I believe that there is an English translation in Zbigniew Szydlo's book "Water Which Does Not Wet Hands: The Alchemy of Michael Sendivogius" (1994). The book is out of print.

Illen
Illen A. Cluf
Illen A. Cluf
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down