Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you think the world is headed??

3 posters

Go down

Where do you think the world is headed?? Empty Where do you think the world is headed??

Post  phliosehea Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:58 pm

If you read enough- many alchemist would have you believe they are the elect written of in the bible and in other religious scripture. The term Elias is often used to describe an adept, or rather Elias Artista. Often held synonymous with the biblical Elijah who was fed by ravens for 40 days and 40 nights, and also seen to be related analogically with Helios/Apollo the personification of the sun.
In light of this, if we are to believe a fate has been sealed for all mankind, and that indeed the fourth monarchy as John French, Sendivogius, and others attest is dawning. Where do you think the world is heading? I don't have the vision of these sages and see nothing but misery, war, and suffering for a great number of people. Was the monarchy they spoke of within their glass...or are they truly prescient and we have yet to see this fourth monarchy appear on all of creation? Perhaps it was both...what do you think?

Sendivogius:
"The times are at hand when many secrets of Nature will be revealed to men. The Fourth or Northern Monarchy is about to be established; a happy age is coming; enlightenment, the Mother of Sciences, will soon appear; a brighter Sun than in any of the preceding three Monarchies will rise and reveal more hidden secrets. This Monarchy (as the ancients foretold) God's Omnipotence will found by the hand of a prince enriched with all virtues who, it is said, has already appeared in this present age. In this our northern region we see a prince of uncommon wisdom and valour, whom no king can surpass in victories or in love of men and God."

John French:
I am of the same mind with Sendivogius that the fourth monarchy which is northern is dawning, in which (as the ancient philosophers did divine) all arts and sciences shall flourish, and greater and more things shall be discovered than in the three former. These monarchies the philosophers reckon not according to the more potent, but according to the corners of the world, whereof the northern is the last and, indeed, is no other than the Golden Age in which all tyranny, oppression, envy, and covetousness shall cease, when there shall be one prince and one people abounding with love and mercy, and flourishing in peace, which day I earnestly expect.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Where do you think the world is headed?? Empty Re: Where do you think the world is headed??

Post  phliosehea Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh yes...one more thing. Only the elect make it through the prophetic tribulation if we are to believe the many warnings.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Where do you think the world is headed?? Empty Re: Where do you think the world is headed??

Post  WCH Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm a technological optimist for the most part. We'll have the Crystal Palace of the Utilitarians, except it will be called Arcology and we already have example drawings of ways it could happen. What's holding us back is Fusion... we're currently waiting on the ITER Project, which will finish in about 20 years, after which we'll be able to mass-produce it and our energy needs will become pretty moot.

Some of the earth will probably become uninhabitable due to shortages and climate change, but I don't really care. I think the Arizona desert, the arctic and Chinese wilderness are some of the most beautiful places on earth, more so by far than most forests. We can't live in them, but that's why they're beautiful... they have a sense of "otherness" that makes us feel like we've come into the presence of God, precisely because it's wilderness and people don't come here. And having more regions like this will not limit our population, as the Arcology could theoretically hold a ridiculous number of people, growing their own food and producing their own electricty, essentially within a single massive building, and having very little "footprint." As a result we could have quite a few of these, and therefore a large human population who'd all be well fed and highly educated. Scientific Utopia, and I don't think it's even really a pipe dream, just a matter of time. Once ITER finishes there's no real reason not to, especially with added pressure from climate change and the like.

As a sociologist this is just sort of a pet theory of mine, a kind of hyperurbanism. I've got a whole idea of how the place would be designed, to meet everyone's needs... for one thing, a sizeable green-belt of wilderness where nobody is allowed to build anything, and therefore people can leave the Arcology and go camping very easily, so as to alleviate the strain imposed by never really going "outside" in your day-to-day life, as "leaving the building" and "going hiking" are essentially synonyms.
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  phliosehea Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:03 pm

It is a very nice sounding theory...the Utopian city is a dream that has been around for a very long time. Plato's Republic is a prime example, Kallipolis was the name of his idealized city. Dreaming it is the easy part, getting there is another matter.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  WCH Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 am

It's no longer just a dream, though. We have architectural plans for a number of them... the limitation at the moment is the technology -- which, I might add, is very, very close. Thanks to the ITER project, we will have fusion power in 20 years (unless something goes horribly wrong, of course). The other thing we need is a cheap and effective way of massproducing carbon nanotubes... which we're working on, and we're pretty close to. Once we've got those two things, there wouldn't really be anything stopping us.

Japan will almost certainly do it first... they're the ones who drew up the architectural plans I mentioned, including a pyramid 15 times the height of the Great Pyramid at Giza, and a monstrous, mountain-like structure that'd be 4,000 feet high. In Japan, developers typically spend 90% of their money on the land and only 10% on building the structure itself, so even an absurdly ambitious building like that wouldn't be at all cost prohibitive. Such structures also solve the problem of a lack of green space within Tokyo because they usually have large gardens inside them -- they're just that big.

Unless there's some huge disaster or Japan's economy collapses, we're going to see buildings like this at least under construction in the next 30 years.
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 pm

In light of this, if we are to believe a fate has been sealed for all mankind, and that indeed the fourth monarchy as John French, Sendivogius, and others attest is dawning. Where do you think the world is heading? I don't have the vision of these sages and see nothing but misery, war, and suffering for a great number of people. Was the monarchy they spoke of within their glass...or are they truly prescient and we have yet to see this fourth monarchy appear on all of creation? Perhaps it was both...what do you think?

These are all very good questions, and I often ask myself the same questions. I'm going to have to venture into prophecy to answer these.

The current age is that of iron, that of misery and suffering, that of war and death. As Fulcanelli stated, the entire cycle of evolution is represented by a cow (symbolizing Virtue). In the beginning, the Golden age of Man, the cow was standing on all four legs, but in our age, the cow is only on one leg, and is barely able to stand. It has been said, by many adepts and other seers, that the world will again return to a Golden age, where all will live in harmony with nature, and each other. There is a catch to this though. Just as in alchemy, the Earth must go through calcination in order to roast out the impurities of the matter. This is the catch, the Earth will have to go through Fire (and water). It is the formula INRI.

Mother Shipton, Fulcanelli, and many others have stated that there is a single place on Earth in which life takes refuge. They've also stated that it will be the Elite which will be saved, and will herald in the Golden age. It will be up to the saved ones to repopulate Earth, and create the utopia.

I remember reading a book called "Watermark." I believe it applies to this very well, and perhaps it even applies to our near future even better. I won't go into details, but the book revolves around exploded remnants of a star called "Phaeton." Around 12,000 years ago this star caused us many problems. It was almost the end of our race, and also all life on earth.

I leave all of you with the Mother Shipton prophecy I've been referencing:

And now a word, in uncouth rhyme
Of what shall be in future time.

Then upside down the world shall be
And gold found at the root of tree
All England's sons that plough the land
Shall oft be seen with Book in hand.

The poor shall now great wisdom know
Great houses stand in far-flung vale
All covered o'er with snow and hail.
A carriage without horse will go
Disaster fill the world with woe.

In London, Primrose Hill shall be
In centre hold a Bishop's See
Around the world men's thoughts will fly
Quick as the twinkling of an eye.

And water shall great wonders do
How strange. And yet it shall come true.
Through towering hills proud men shall ride
No horse or ass move by his side.

Beneath the water, men shall walk
Shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk.
And in the air men shall be seen
In white and black and even green.

A great man then, shall come and go
For prophecy declares it so.
In water, iron, then shall float
As easy as a wooden boat
Gold shall be seen in stream and stone
In land that is yet unknown.

And England shall admit a Jew
You think this strange, but it is true
The Jew that once was held in scorn
Shall of a Christian then be born.

A house of glass shall come to pass
In England. But Alas, alas
A war will follow with the work
Where dwells the Pagan and the Turk.

These states will lock in fiercest strife
And seek to take each other's life.
When North shall thus divide the south
And Eagle build in Lion's mouth
Then tax and blood and cruel war
Shall come to every humble door.

Three times shall lovely sunny France
Be led to play a bloody dance
Before the people shall be free
Three tyrant rulers shall she see.

Three rulers in succession be
Each springs from different dynasty.
Then when the fiercest strife is done
England and France shall be as one.

The British olive shall next then twine
In marriage with a German vine.
Men walk beneath and over streams
Fulfilled shall be their wondrous dreams.

For in those wondrous far off days
The women shall adopt a craze
To dress like men, and trousers wear
And to cut off their locks of hair.
They'll ride astride with brazen brow
As witches do on broomstick now.

And roaring monsters with man atop
Does seem to eat the verdant crop
And men shall fly as birds do now
And give away the horse and plough.

There'll be a sign for all to see
Be sure that it will certain be.
Then love shall die and marriage cease
And nations wane as babes decrease.
And wives shall fondle cats and dogs
And men live much the same as hogs.

In nineteen hundred and twenty six
Build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
And fire and sword shall sweep the land.

When pictures seem alive with movements free
When boats like fishes swim beneath the sea,
When men like birds shall scour the sky
Then half the world, deep drenched in blood shall die.

For those who live the century through
In fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
To bog and forest and wild fens.

For storms will rage and oceans roar
When Gabriel stands on sea and shore
And as he blows his wondrous horn
Old worlds die and new be born.

A fiery Dragon will cross the sky
Six times before this earth shall die
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
For the sixth heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
Man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken
To bite away the shores and then
The mountains will begin to roar
And earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters, rushing in
Will flood the lands with such a din
That mankind cowers in muddy fen
And snarls about his fellow men.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
And secrets food in secret hills
And ugly in his fear, he lies
To kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
And kills, and rapes and lies in blood
And spilling blood by mankind's hands
Will stain and bitter many lands.

And when the Dragon's tail is gone,
Man forgets, and smiles, and carries on
To apply himself -- too late, too late
For mankind has earned deserved fate.

His masked smile -- his false grandeur
Will serve the Gods their anger stir.
And they will send the Dragon back
To light the sky -- his tail will crack
Upon the earth and rend the earth
And man shall flee, King, Lord, and serf.

But slowly they are routed out
To seek diminishing water spout
And men will die of thirst before
The oceans rise to mount the shore.
And lands will crack and rend anew
You think it strange. It will come true.

And in some far off distant land
Some men -- oh such a tiny band
Will have to leave their solid mount
And span the earth, those few to count,
Who survives this (unreadable) and then
Begin the human race again.

But not on land already there
But on ocean beds, stark, dry and bare
Not every soul on Earth will die
As the Dragon's tail goes sweeping by.

Not every land on earth will sink
But these will wallow in stench and stink
Of rotting bodies of beast and man
Of vegetation crisped on land.

But the land that rises from the sea
Will be dry and clean and soft and free
Of mankind's dirt and therefore be
The source of man's new dynasty.

And those that live will ever fear
The Dragons tail for many year
But time erases memory
You think it strange. But it will be.

And before the race is built anew
A silver serpent comes to view
And spew out men of like unknown
To mingle with the earth now grown
Cold from its heat and these men can
Enlighten the minds of future man.

To intermingle and show them how
To live and love and thus endow
The children with the second sight.
A natural thing so that they might
Grow graceful, humble and when they do
The Golden Age will start anew.

The dragon's tail is but a sign
For mankind's fall and man's decline.
And before this prophecy is done
I shall be burned at the stake, at one
My body singed and my soul set free
You think I utter blasphemy
You're wrong. These things have come to me
This prophecy will come to be.

The dragon's tail is but a sign.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum