Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another method for antimony

3 posters

Go down

another method for antimony Empty another method for antimony

Post  solomon levi Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Here's a method for medicinal antimony I found somewhere and tried it out.
All worked as it should.

The method calls for 5 parts antimony trisulphide, 4 parts sodium chloride and
1 part potassium carbonate added to a crucible 1 spoonful at a time, then left melted
for 15 minutes. It melted real nice and cooled and seperated, the regulus below with slag above.
It said the antimony would be pitch black and turn red when pulverised.

Here is the melt:
another method for antimony Rick_s26

Here is the regulus with slag attached and just regulus; not really pitch black...:
another method for antimony Rick_s27

Here is the pulverised regulus; reddish - more rust or plum colored:
another method for antimony Rick_s28
another method for antimony Rick_s29

We took a very small amount in a glass of wine. It has a marvelous effect. I got chills up my spine and
a buzzing vibration each sip I took. Four people tried it, reporting similar, interesting sensations.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

another method for antimony Empty Antimony

Post  Dizardos Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:58 pm

Hi Solomon Levi,

Are you sure about digesting any substance with antimony in it without safely checking its possible virtues first? It can severely affect your health or worse even kill you or one of your friends. There is a method to safely check whether you have been successful. In case you were successful in the creation of the universal medicine it would be best to modify a part of it by a subsequent operation so that it is able to tinge gold/silver if it indeed is the true stone. In case it works you can safely ingest the medicine (not to be confused with the stone for transmutation purposes), while it is taken in consideration that an excess intake of the medicine is also deadly. The white wine (often had the preference, although not absolutely necessary) should be tinged yellow/gold by the medicine. An orange or red color is too strong (unless you plan to climb the mount Everest while being naked). I hope this is of some help to you.

Thank you for sharing these pictures. Very interesting, but I believe that it would be most unlikely that the fall of Troy can be brought about in fifteen minutes if I may express it this way.

Have a merry Christmas!

Dizardos

Last edited by Dizardos on Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dizardos
Dizardos
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

another method for antimony Empty Re: another method for antimony

Post  ManO Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:14 pm

That's an interesting experiment...!

I would be interested in knowing what the material dissolves in.
and if it can be volatilized, I know antimony has a catalytic effect on spirit of terps.
an antimony powered circulatum perhaps...

ManO

ManO
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Dizardos wrote:Hi Solomon Levi,

Are you sure about digesting any substance with antimony in it without safely checking its possible virtues first? It can severely affect your health or worse even kill you or one of your friends. There is a method to safely check whether you have been successful. In case you were successful in the creation of the universal medicine it would be best to modify a part of it by a subsequent operation so that it is able to tinge gold/silver if it indeed is the true stone. In case it works you can safely ingest the medicine (not to be confused with the stone for transmutation purposes), while it is taken in consideration that an excess intake of the medicine is also deadly. The white wine (often had the preference, although not absolutely necessary) should be tinged yellow/gold by the medicine. An orange or red color is too strong (unless you plan to climb the mount Everest while being naked). I hope this is of some help to you.

Thank you for sharing these pictures. Very interesting, but I believe that it would be most unlikely that the fall of Troy can be brought about in fifteen minutes if I may express it this way.

Have a merry Christmas!

Dizardos

Oh no, D. This is just a medicinal preperation of antimony; not the universal medicine.
Though some products of antimony have been called Panacea.
This is not a tingeing stone as far as I know, though there are works where oil of antimony
or martial regulus can tinge silver to gold with some ingenuity. I have yet to try them.

Yeah, I'm not very scientific in my testing - more intuitive.
I believe the poison of the antimony has been drawn into the salts, but I don't know for sure.
There could still be some in the "regulus". It's probably safest to draw a fixed tincture with vinegar
or a volatile one with alcohol. Those I am sure are safe.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:47 pm

ManO wrote:That's an interesting experiment...!

I would be interested in knowing what the material dissolves in.
and if it can be volatilized, I know antimony has a catalytic effect on spirit of terps.
an antimony powered circulatum perhaps...

ManO

Interesting thoughts ManO. It didn't dissolve in wine; just sat on the bottom. But I'm
sure it lent some tincture. The wine had a definite difference in taste and feeling.

It seems reasonable that the antimony would work as a catalyst in the circulatum in the plant
kingdom as it does in the regulus work with metals. They say antimony has a more vegetable
sulphur than metalline.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down