Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Brought you to Alchemy?

+9
monkeyblood
harveydent
Radiant Star
m1thr0s
LadyHydralisk
sleeveless
deviadah
BeautifulEvil
taceyoto
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Brought you to Alchemy? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Brought Me to Alchemy

Post  harveydent Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:35 am

I used to work as a security officer, in my lifetime I've been pumled, beaten, stabbed, attacked by a lunatic with a hammer, much like a piece of gold on a blacksmiths bench. Shaped and molded into who I am. Evil

Who in their right mind would want to live forever, once was enough! Suspect

Sounds more like a curse than a blessing if you ask me, but heh, lightning bolts out of your fingers now that I can agree with...

Alchemist *zip crackle* "you will do as I command.." little bloke "no I wont" *Sizzle, Snap, Crackle and Pop!* Alchemist roars "YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND!" little bloke "I will do as you command my lord, what is your will?" Alchemist "Fetch me some grapes and a bottle of merlot and while your at it run me a hot bath!"

There are a few people in my life, as I am sure their are in everybodys who I'd love to get even with (even steven) and I can think of no better way than turning their flash ferrari into a smoking potatoe chip!

Especially when they bought that car with my money, sigh, a story for another day... Sleep

All I'll say is if you leave a will and leave stuff to your grand-kids, careful who you make the executor of your final will and testiment, or you might find as I did they swan off on long holidays and get their fingernails painted, whilst your struggling to make a living. Sad Hopefully this indervidual will get to see a differant type of holiday soon, the kind where you dont get to see day light for a fair few years. They'll get what's coming to them and I wont care...

Unfortunatly that is going to become a firm reality for them, they made one tiny mistake you see, they sold the shares that where mine two or three years after the death! How can a dead person cash in there shares, they cant...(unless their an alchemist!) It's very unfortunate some people are motivated by greed and that is unfortunatly their ultimate downfall.

My Epitaph; There he goes by the grace of god, he lived his life riding his hot rod.

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

What Brought you to Alchemy? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Brought you to Alchemy?

Post  Amor Platonicus Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:06 pm

BeautifulEvil wrote:
To make a long story short: after much uncertainty I finally decided to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, and after watching the anime I began to intensly research laboratory alchemy and the Elixir of Life/Philosophers Stone.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one here whose interest in alchemy was sparked by Fullmetal Alchemist.
Amor Platonicus
Amor Platonicus
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post  solomon levi Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:58 am

The circumstances of my life drew me to a spiritual school in which I was taught
to raise the vibrations of my body through focussed intent and pranayama.
The school had/has a bookstore and also invites people to come and lecture.
In this way I was introduced to the Essene, David Hudson and Art Kunkin at lectures
and the books of Fulcanelli and other alchemists.

Practical laboratory alchemy is a way to produce the same "states" that I learned
to produces "spiritually". It's possible that the P-stone cannot be produced
without the proper, corresponding consciousness.
According to quantum mechanics, this would be true, and we are dealing with
quanta, the subtle, m-state, etc - matters which exists more in the realm
of consciousness/spirit than physical matter.

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

What Brought you to Alchemy? - Page 2 Empty Is that all there is?

Post  phliosehea Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 am

I was on the corner of Olive and Broadway...somewhat disenchanted with the world around me at the time. I came to the realization that there was no magic in the world, and that there never was. I felt that this broken, flawed, and ridiculous world was what we inherited from our father's father. That no matter what- we will eat, we will sleep, we will fuck, we will breed, and then we will die...in no particular order. Obviously pessimism grew like a weed, corrupting the idealism of my twenties. In turn I began to loose all hope, drive, or curiousity regarding all aspects of life. Shortly thereafter I closed my business- and gave, sold or threw away everything I owned...and went out into the forest. Nothing miraculous happened in the woods, barring some strange noises late one night...but after returning...slowly...very slowly, I was proven completely wrong. For me it is the question...and the answer- Alchemy.
phliosehea
phliosehea
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  JamesBryan Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 am

Amor Platonicus wrote:
BeautifulEvil wrote:
To make a long story short: after much uncertainty I finally decided to watch Fullmetal Alchemist, and after watching the anime I began to intensly research laboratory alchemy and the Elixir of Life/Philosophers Stone.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one here whose interest in alchemy was sparked by Fullmetal Alchemist.

I have watched it, I'm a manga-fan, but the true reason I got into it was a 20 word paragraph in a science book, it went something along the lines of...

"Transmutation, you give, you get. Sacrifices are made in your lifetime, Mankind strives for power. "

It went on to say something about a RED STONE. I got to thinking, hmmm, lead which is a ugly metal, turn into Gold?

PROFIT$

Soon to realize 6 months later, I am here, sacrificing my time to create theorys, papers, and other nonsense.

PS. That manga is good though, don't get me wrong.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2