Dry Distillation of Acetate Salts

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dry Distillation of Acetate Salts

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri May 23, 2008 8:09 pm

Dry distillation of various acetate salts can be performed in order to obtain the Philosophical Mercury needed to extract the essence from gold or other metals. I wanted to say a few things on this issue, and then perhaps ask a few questions.

If copper acetate is distilled, it yields nearly 100% pure blue-tinted radical acetic acid. Now this blue color can be removed via distillation of the acetic acid, but some say this removes its life-force, and thus will be useless in alchemy.

I remember hearing only distillation of calcium acetate yields acetone, and the others yield acetic acid or various mixtures of acetic acid/acetone/volatile oils.

Another text mentioned lead acetate is the only acetate salt we should be concerned with in the making of our secret solvent. The lead acetate is distilled until white fumes start to evolve and/or red oil starts to drip from the distillation column. The receiving vessel should be cooled below zero in order to obtain the very volatile Philosophical Mercury. The philosophical sulfur will distill over as a red oil. The acetate should be prepared using native lead ore, it should be converted to lead acetate using the radical blue-tinted acetic acid. This will result in a very energetic and living prima materia for our process.

This Philosophical Mercury is interesting because if it's digested with gold in a closed vessel it will extract the sulfur from gold and become tinted yellow. This gold Sulfur + Philosophical Mercury can then be used to create a red stone. A white stone can be created from the Sulfur of silver if extracted with the PM. A fixed stone can be made by conjoining the Salt, Sulfur, and Mercury.

Let's please get some commentary going on this path. Any of you have experience with it? Perhaps you've tried dry distillation of other acetate salts? Did your experiment yield any interesting results? I am not risking anything by revealing any "secrets" since this path is already in the public.

Last edited by BeautifulEvil on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

Garden of the world near the new city, In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into the Tub, Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts: 754
Registration date: 2007-10-10

View user profile http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting...

Post  ryanl on Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 pm

I've distilled zinc acetate crystals and extracted a yellow liquid with it which I believe is the mercury of zinc. It smells very much like acetone and causes quite a headache. I have read that this preparation is supposed to form red oil on the surface which can be used to dissolve gold to make it potable, but I haven't noticed that at all. I put some gold leaf into it and the liquid turned blue-green in 24 hours. I have no idea what this means yet.

Last edited by ryanl on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total

ryanl
Visita
Visita

Number of posts: 14
Registration date: 2008-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dry Distillation of Acetate Salts

Post  BeautifulEvil on Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 am

I've distilled zinc acetate crystals and extracted a yellow liquid with it which I believe is the mercury of zinc. It smells very much like acetone and causes quite a headache.
It was probably acetone and a mixture of a few other volatile oils. Umm, you will need to start this process over again, especially if you didn't keep your samples in the freezer.

After you distill the zinc acetate, continue until the white vapor forms (this is an indicator of being near the end of the process). Be sure to use real good cooling in your receiving vessel. A calcium chloride + ice bath will work well, and should cool to around -50c. You may end up with with red oil separating, but this may not be the case. If it doesn't separate then you will need to distill the volatile liquid/oil very carefully. You should end up with a clear liquid (mercury), and then a deep red liquid (sulfur). You may want to purify the mercury and sulfur by a series of gentle distillations to remove the impurities. Purifying the mercury is straightforward, but purifying the red oil will be different. When you purify the red oil, a clear acidic phlegm will distill over first, and you will be left with a thick blood red oil in the distilling flask. This thick red oil can be distilled at higher temperatures, and is often recommended, but it can be used without further purification.

The black dragon should be calcined, and then leeched to obtain insoluble salts. These should be pure white when fully purified. The rest of the work involves combining these three parts, and is fairly straightforward (it's the same in all kingdoms). The red stone can be made from the sulfur of gold, and the white stone from the sulfur of silver. The sulfurs can be extracted from the metal by digestion in the purified philosophical mercury. The color of the sulfur of gold is yellow, and this is what the color of the philosophical mercury should be after extracting the sulfur from gold. The color of the sulfur of silver is white, and the philosophical mercury should be clear in theory.

I'm not sure what else I should say to help you. I would try the lead acetate path before the zinc acetate path. The lead acetate path is tried and true. Some people have issues with it, but I believe it's because of their technique and perhaps the impurity of starting materials.

I put some gold leaf into it and the liquid turned blue-green in 24 hours. I have no idea what this means, the gold leaf didn't liquify either.
This is most likely a compound of gold, or something similar. I doubt it's the sulfur of gold because normally the extracted sulfur takes on the original color of the metal (yellow for gold). Also, the gold doesn't have to liquefy if the philosophical mercury takes on the tint of the metal, the remaining gold means the body was left behind because only the sulfur was extracted.

It will be seized and plunged into the Tub, Forced to drink waters poisoned by sulfur.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion on Wed May 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Good evening.

Does it need not perform several successive distillations with zinc acetate crystals?
Once finished the first distillation (with an appearance of white smoke), we must have a clear liquid output, a small salt deposit in the cooling and caput mortuum in the ship fuel.
It then takes the clear liquid that mixes with caput mortuum and distilled again
It resumes this protocol several times.
We can use the clear liquid obtained at the last distillation to dissolve the salt deposit light of the refrigerant.
And it is on the surface of this mixture that must appear red oil after a few days.

Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts: 64
Registration date: 2008-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri May 30, 2008 8:44 am

I understand what you mean Green Lion.

Odd question: have you worked with antimony or gold acetate by chance? PM me if you don't want to talk about it privately. Cool

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion on Fri May 30, 2008 4:08 pm

No, I have not worked gold acetates or antimony acetates.

Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sat May 31, 2008 1:48 am

The dry distillation of gold acetate will create a red hue radical vinegar. This would be the BEST kind of radical vinegar to use in our works because it contains the living energy of gold.

The dry distillation of antimony acetate is something we should all consider. The antimony acetate can be made with the red radical vinegar from gold.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Green Lion on Sat May 31, 2008 9:48 am

In the end, what is living energy of gold?
Its sulphur principle.
So you can get an equivalent from red metals such as iron or copper.
That is why some authors, who don't have any gold, preferably working on copper or iron.

Green Lion
Interiora
Interiora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Sat May 31, 2008 11:23 am

Its sulphur principle.
So you can get an equivalent from red metals such as iron or copper.
That is why some authors, who don't have any gold, preferably working on copper or iron.

While that may be true, the sulfur energy signature, and the quality, varies with other metals (gold being the most noble, and highest prized). The antimony acetate created from blue radical acetic acid will react differently to dry distillation than the antimony acetate created from red radical acetic acid (as in the distillation products will vary slightly). This is also true when we distill acetate salts, the sulfur created from the dry distillation varies with the metals used to create the acetate salt.

It would probably be worthwhile to leave the red/blue tint to the antimony acetate crystals (i.e. they should not be purified so as to remove the color). This will help create a more complex and energetic sulfur.

A highly energetic stone can be made from gold acetate, most definitely, but it would be rather expensive. The end product will have it's own energy signature, and it will be different than a stone created from lead or zinc acetate. Of course, then the stone from gold acetate can be multiplied to create something absolutely out of this world. I actually think the gold acetate path has been worked before, but kept hidden from the general alchemical community. I have no doubt about this, if I can come up with the idea, then I'm sure the alchemists of old knew of it.

I guess I could always work microscale. Perhaps start with a few grams of gold acetate. This should create a very small stone weighing maybe a few hundred milligrams (if that). The good thing is the gold not used in the salt of the stone can be reused.

I also wanted to add one more thing: if we SLOWLY dry distill these acetate salts we will obtain more sulfur. The more time the acetone has to act on the acetate salt residue, the more sulfur will be extracted. So keep this in mind guys. Also keep cooling in mind, cooling is VERY important. You will not catch all the volatiles if your cooling is inadequate, and really the volatiles are the some of the more medicinally beneficial components.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:18 pm

This red vinegar from gold acetate is interesting. How do you prepare the gold acetate?
I once added vinegar to a solution of gold dissolved in aqua regia and ether extracted (I think, not sure) - but you could just boil the nitrates off. This formed a white precipitate after a few minutes of reaction. It didn't appear at first, it took a while to manifest. It's probably some strange acetate compound and not white orme gold precipitate as it didn't look the same and I made the latter already which behaves in a different manner.
So what kind of gold acetate would one go about distilling?

Vlad
Visita
Visita

Number of posts: 5
Registration date: 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I once added vinegar to a solution of gold dissolved in aqua regia and ether extracted (I think, not sure) - but you could just boil the nitrates off. This formed a white precipitate after a few minutes of reaction. It didn't appear at first, it took a while to manifest. It's probably some strange acetate compound and not white orme gold precipitate as it didn't look the same and I made the latter already which behaves in a different manner.
Interesting experiment. Ether extractions of gold from aqua regia yields gold chloride in the ether extract. Umm, I'm not sure what the white precipitate could be. The first test I would make is to check whether it's water soluble or not. This will tell us a lot of information.

This red vinegar from gold acetate is interesting. How do you prepare the gold acetate?
Ah, well in theory one should start with gold oxide. This gold oxide should then be calcined further to remove water impurities, but you need to keep it below it's decomposition point. This should then be reacted with a 100% radical vinegar (from copper, or silver), and then this should yield gold acetate. This gold acetate should then be dry distilled to yield the red tinted radical acetic acid. I haven't tried this experiment myself, but theoretically it should work. It may not be as easy in practice, but I'm not sure.

I need to try the experiment myself sometime.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Okay, everybody, please keep in mind I haven't been completely truthful, and I'm starting to have second thoughts. My conscience is getting to me over this, and I've intentionally left out a few parts, misguided, and also added other complexities. If you try to work the process like I described, it will not work quite right.

Pay careful attention to the zinc oxide sublimate if you're doing the zinc path. This is one of the keys to the Philosophical Mercury. Also the post by Green Lion should be read carefully. Especially the part about the multiple distillations.

Contact me privately if you want more details, or search for the highly detailed post on ehow.com made by NDC.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 am

In the acetate path research papers volume 1 forward by Jean Dubuis, he mentions something called the Acetone of the Ancients.

The acetate is prepared from sea/oyster shells. These shells are high in calcium carbonate and interestingly enough also contain trace amounts precious metals such as silver, gold, and a few other notables. These metals are more concentrated in colorful shells, and it's believed only the colorful shells would be used in this process. One should go through the process of making the acetate, and evaporating to obtain the dry calcium acetate crystals. These should then be slowly dry distilled, and after a long period of decanting the distillate a red oil with interesting and beneficial properties will separate.

I'm going to give this a try sometime, as I live near the ocean and can obtain pounds and pounds of colorful shells!

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Right now I've got a few pounds of zinc digesting in some store bought acetic acid (5%). I've used about a gallon so far (roughly 200ml acetic acid), and I've probably got a few more gallons to go before all the zinc dissolves. I felt it would be best to start with relatively pure diluted acetic acid to create a baseline zinc acetate, and then further graduate this base zinc acetate into a living acetate with vinegar from wine or radical vinegar from copper/silver acetate.

I'll snap a picture sometime tonight and upload it, but I should say there's not much to see at this point.

BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

blue radical acetic acid

Post  k89 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:47 am

My attempt at making blue tinted radical acetic acid:

Heated some copper acetate.The molten salt started to boil releasing white fumes (quite similar to getting acetone from zinc acetate)The fumes condensed to a light GREEN(not blue) liquid in the receiver.The liquid had a pungent smell(NOT similar to vinegar). It 'bubbles' with carbonate salts, so its definitely acetic acid(or some other acid).when i added potassium carbonate to this liquid I also got a precipitate resembling copper hydroxide.Apparently some copper salt seems to have gotten into the receiver.My guess is some volatile salt of copper ended up in the receiver. The residue left in the flask is red in color ,possibly copper oxide.

k89
Visita
Visita

Number of posts: 31
Registration date: 2008-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top