Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microwave oven as a furnace

2 posters

Go down

Microwave oven as a furnace Empty Microwave oven as a furnace

Post  arcitectus Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:49 am

I was recently looking around to find a small table top kiln I could use as a furnace for various alchemical needs, since my kitchen oven does not get hot enough for some things. I found various commercial products that cost more than what I'm willing to spend at this time. Low and behold, I found something very interesting, a microwave oven kiln. Here is the link to the retailer, http://www.paragonweb.com/News_Story.cfm?NID=85. The "device" is made of ceramic fiber walls and internally coated with silicon carbide. Once it is setup and put in the microwave, it has a maximum temperature 1650°F / 898°C. The device cost $149.00 according to their site, but I think one could be made for less. Also if you are interested, here is a non-commercial site about using a microwave oven to smelt metals, http://home.c2i.net/metaphor/mvpage.html

arcitectus
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-01

Back to top Go down

Microwave oven as a furnace Empty Re: Microwave oven as a furnace

Post  Salazius Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:45 am

Microwaves only make hot molecules of water by shaking it, not dry matter, that to not react to these waves.
Not very useful if you try to work on metals or salts !

Salazius
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  arcitectus Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:51 am

Microwaves only make hot molecules of water by shaking it, not dry matter, that to not react to these waves. Not very useful if you try to work on metals or salts !

Could then inform me how it is that David Reid is using a microwave to melt metals and Paragon is using a similar commercial device to melt and fuse glass, both of which are dry matter.

arcitectus
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:08 am

From Wiki :

A microwave oven, or a microwave, is a kitchen appliance that cooks or heats food by dielectric heating. This is accomplished by using microwave radiation to heat water and other polarized molecules within the food. This excitation is fairly uniform, leading to food being adequately heated throughout (except in thick objects), a feature not seen in any other heating technique.

Look at Masaru Emoto photos concerning water crystallized after being heated in microwaves ... totally destructured.

See : December 19th, Wednesday: Question from readers 26

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/ediary200712.html#1219

Cell phones, computers, same thing !

Salazius
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  arcitectus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:01 am

I'm curious if you even read the links that I provided, especially the one from the retail vendor. I'm not asking for an education on how a microwave works, I'm asking for you to prove your point that microwaves have no effect on dry matter as you previously stated. I looked at question 26 as you suggested:

What are the affects of a microwave on water and water particles in food?

My question and point has nothing to do with water. My question has to do with how one can use microwave energy to melt metals and fuse glass. Your reply has nothing to do with this post and essentially is irrelevant. If you have not read the previously provided links I would ask that you do so and comment on the post within this context, not on your personal opinion of what is possible or not when examples of the technology at work have already been provided.

arcitectus
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:11 am

I didn't see the links. No it's done.
I answered that microwaves have no effects on dry matter, that's wright, but with their invention, it has effectively.

In fact, it maybe work very well, as I am not engineer I cannot tel you how it works, but I can tell you it's not good for Alchemy. Alchemy is not manipulating materias ? Like we do with food or water in our kitchen ?

If you have read the effect on water of the microwaves, so you should wonder on the effect of such oven on the materia you will hold, as there is a link between alchemist an matter as you know.

Ho yes yes, that's not the point ...
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  arcitectus Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:25 pm

I have seen how microwaved water is not a good thing in alchemical and colloidal processes. I had previously attempted a HV colloidal process with microwaved water and the condition of the water looked like dark brown sludge.

On the outset I thought this would be a good device to use as a cheap furnace setup, but after thinking it through with you, etc, I see that for these [alchemical] particular processes it would not be a good idea. Thanks for helping me hash this out.

arcitectus
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:59 am

Wink
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora