Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Holy Bible, allusions of Alchemy?

Go down

The Holy Bible, allusions of Alchemy? Empty The Holy Bible, allusions of Alchemy?

Post  JamesBryan Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 pm

So I would like to introduce the subject the simplest of terms. Jesus Christ's book, the Holy Bible, the most symbolic thing of religion. It come's in many forms, Judasim, etc.

I would like to ask this, To the Commentator's do you think the bible has secret meanings about the forbidden art. I mean seriously, alchemy has been around for a very long time, or has it? I wanted to open this discussion up to you intrigued gentlemen and ladies because I simply wanted to think how big was the controversy of science vs. religion.

Please note that, when you do comment this, only comment about the questions I state, don't pick at the details, I know and i'm sure all of you, i am not the best typer or researcher yet.

Anyways, I came across these verses that interested me in the bible. Let's have a look at then, shall we?

Deuteronomy 18: 9-12

"When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter, with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee".

Revelation 13: 1-3

"AND I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. Amd the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

I will only post these two for now, in till I get some more valid information.
JamesBryan
JamesBryan
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down