Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Red Stone of Urine

+5
horticult
ryanl
backlash
deviadah
BeautifulEvil
9 posters

Go down

The Red Stone of Urine Empty The Red Stone of Urine

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:08 pm

This phase is fairly simple (but it has its own dangers), and doesn't require much work except a long drawn out digestion of the white powder with ammonium nitrate (or the Caput Mortuum from the urine). Please note it's very imperative that you do not exceed the maximum heat of 120F, the heat must not be direct, but rather it should be very gentle, and the container should be free of air and sealed shut (also well luted). Slowly the white powder will begin to change colors, and after proper time it will turn yellow, then orange, then a red color. The red stone should not be used for medicine (since it contains ammonium nitrate), but can be used for transmutation of metals, and perhaps as a super fertilizer for plants.

1. Take the snow white powder and put it in a round bottom heating flask, place some purified ammonium nitrate in the flask, add a very small amount of distilled water, and then make sure to seal it properly. Place this in a bath of liquid proper to maintaining the needed heat of 100-150F. Although one could use an alcohol burner, but one would need to slowly heat the flask to insure hot spots aren't present.

2. Slowly increase the heat starting from room temperature. This must be done over many days, and the white powder + nitre must not melt during this process, nor change colors too quickly. You must pay careful attention to the color during this time. You must take note of the powder when it begins to change color; it will begin to turn a yellowish tint - this is important.

3. Once the color of the powder is yellow, you must continue to heat the flask in the bath until it starts to turn a saffron/dark orange color. Make sure all the powder is evenly color, the heat distribution must be equal.

4. Continue increasing the temperature degree by degree, please be wary of uneven heating and hot spots. Do this until the temperature of rises to 120F. Maintain it at this temperature, and in due time the powder will become a deep color of red.

5. If you are skilled enough, you can do this process in a short amount of time, but caution is needed because you do not want to spoil the matter. Store this powder in an airtight container, out of direct light until you need use of it, whether for transmutation or multiplication.

For the process of multiplication you must mingle it with a metal of high energy, perhaps gold, silver, or the gray wolf. I'll leave this up to you to figure out.

Last edited by BeautifulEvil on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

The Red Stone of Urine Empty Re: The Red Stone of Urine

Post  deviadah Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:07 am

This is all great stuff. You should, if possible, post pictures related to the different steps of the process. Perhaps if you have your own, or found on the Internet like this for example: Salt Volatilization Experiment

Regardless an interesting read, even for someone not so skilled in the practical side other than studying texts as I am.

Keep it up!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:29 am

Thanks for the nice words deviadah. I'm glad you find it interesting. Smile
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  backlash Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:40 pm

hey guys im a neophyte but theres a mystery in my family and i guess my grandfather had the formula to crate gold with another *forgot the word* i think ill ask him...im shy Third Eye

i said that cause i dont understand one thing u guy say when use terms cause english isnt my 1st language and im a kid... Third Eye the only things i understanded was the part of transmutation and multiplication Smile

Last edited by deviadah on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Double post! / deviadah)
backlash
backlash
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ryanl Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am

BeautifulEvil, have you made any progress with the Red Stone? I read on another post you had difficulties with this stage, can you go into more detail please?

Also, has anybody noticed that www.levity.com/alchemy has gone down? They had a lot of good resources posted there, I hope they bring it back up.

ryanl
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi ryanl, I have had some minor success.

After digestion for a few days the powder turned a brownish/red color, but I feel this was in error since the flask wasn't well sealed. I tossed this brownish/red powder out, and have yet to try again. I'm going to give it another try in a few days, and hopefully I'll obtain some results then. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated!
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

The Red Stone of Urine Empty Re: The Red Stone

Post  horticult Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:54 am

horticult
horticult
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Malt_Draught Fri May 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Their is another way to procure the red stone from the philosophers azoth (ORME's) as you know there are three fires in our art, the dry fire, the wet fire and the cold and hot fire.

In this unction we will be using the Cold & Hot fire (Alcohol) in a tincture of bdellium (Myrrh), take your powdered ORME's and wash them in the tincture of Myrrh and then allow the sediment to settle, this will happen very quickly, you do not need to wait for hours or days, once you see the carpe mortum or the ORME's that have not remained suspended in the solution within the first 15 to 25 minutes, siphon off your tincture of myrrh. Now we will add sugar and a tiny pinch of salt to our solution. This has a two fold effect more sugar in the alcohol causes more fermentation to occour thus binding some of our ORME elements to the bdellium.

My own thoughts on all this are that Myrrh was used almost exclusivly in ancient times as a medicine so much so you find it in mentioned in the bible several times along with Cassia (Cinnamon) and amongst other things it contains Phenethylamine and 2-phenethylamine is believed to function as a neuromodulator or neurotransmitter (trace amine), along with Asarone, Asarone is a possible precursor in the synthesis of the psychedelic phenethylamine TMA-2. As a volatile fragrance oil, it is used in killing pests and bacteria. Diseases that can be treated using drugs mixed with this compound include diphtheria, typhoid and tuberculosis.

So perhaps theirs more to that bit about the Onyx (Silicone Dioxide) and the Bdellium (Myrrh) than at first meets the eye. Third Eye

If your wanting to see the effects of this mixture, drop a few drops in a glass of water and watch the water turn instantly cloudy, that is the same effect you get when you drop a powerful anticeptic solution into plain old drinking water!

And the best part, you can put a few drops of it straight in your mouth. Wink

Dont expect to trip out though, the MAO-B inhibitors in your bloodstream stop that from happening, but what if their was a way to dampen those, my mind is now turning to the cassia and onyx for the answer. Remember the three wise men, they gave our lord and saviour three gifts, Myrrh, Frankincense and Gold (White Gold?), peace!

Malt_Draught
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Fri May 09, 2008 3:59 pm

Malt_Draught, very interesting information about myrrh. I was unaware of this particular process!

Myrrh by itself is said to be psychoactive, and I believe it's actually a sedative in moderate amounts. I didn't know it had any medicine benefits other than being slightly psychoactive. I've only looked into it briefly, but apparently I need to research it more. Also, I should note that fresh myrrh would considered to be best for alchemical purposes because it should still contain a decent amount of life energy. After all, it is RESIN, the blood of trees.

This has a two fold effect more sugar in the alcohol causes more fermentation to occour thus binding some of our ORME elements to the bdellium.
It would be interesting to see if any chemical bonding is taking place between the ORMEs and myrrh. I guess it really depends on which elements were used to make the ORME. However, it should be noted that many of the rarer transition metals are fairly chemically inactive, and do not easily bond. Also, I'm not sure bonding should be a good thing, because often when gold is bound to molecule or another element, it becomes dangerous to ingest, and metal poisoning can take place. One more thing, I thought ORMEs were supposed to be chemically inactive because of their m-state nature, and only after the ORME has been reconverted to metal does it become somewhat active again.

Please let me know if I'm in error. Some of this stuff is really kind of complex and I'm not sure how long you've been studying this so you might know more than me at this point.

Dont expect to trip out though, the MAO-B inhibitors in your bloodstream stop that from happening, but what if their was a way to dampen those, my mind is now turning to the cassia and onyx for the answer.
Could you please go into a bit more detail about cassia and onyx? I haven't heard too much about these up until this point.

Remember the three wise men, they gave our lord and saviour three gifts, Myrrh, Frankincense and Gold (White Gold?), peace!
I was also thinking white gold too when I remembered this phrase from the bible! Isn't it interesting how the bible really begins to unravel itself after learning the alchemical arts? The bible is full of alchemical secrets, and it really begins to take on a new light as one advances.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Malt_Draught Sat May 10, 2008 3:59 am

I am also in the dark a bit on this, but I washed it in the tincture and after I removed the carpe mortum, I watched it settle a bit on the bottom, left it over night and awoke to find when I held the bottle up to the light I can see the particles suspended in the solution, when I rotated the bottle slightly I could see millions of tiny particles swimming in it.

Myrrh is golden brown to a deep red in color, the darker red the the purer the myrrh content is said to be.

I figured their had to be more to the stone than just the White gold content, I understand they wrote a lot about it being in an oil bath, Olive Oil is also mentioned in the bible as a substance used to anoint the ark of the covernant and wouldnt the gold bits be suspended even better in a bath of oil?

In the book of atripus he makes mention of golden flowers. Confused and leaves something out which he says god will reveal only to the worthy, heh, is he telling us to shove our nose in the bible? Tongue

Myrrh is also good for the spleen and liver along with the stomache, an all round good for you herb.

I agree with you totally their are a lot of chemical mixtures hidden in the pages of the bible. Herbal preperations etc and it opens up a lot of intreasting possibilities.

Its also worth noticing that if you take Red Ginseng (Radix Ginseng) the chinese tell you to consume 3 to 5 tablets, twice daily. Not one a day, like it had on a packet of store bought crap I purchased recently!

Last edited by Malt_Draught on Sat May 10, 2008 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total

Malt_Draught
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  Malt_Draught Sat May 10, 2008 5:46 am

The benfits of the red flowering plant, Ginseng, aka: Panax Ginseng, aka: Radix Ginseng.

Ginseng itself contains a lot of Ginsenosides which have been linked to it's supposed success, similar in qualities to the saponins you find in a cup of tea. Ginsenosides are rich in triterpene saponins. A steroid compound which have been found in lab results to kill the cancer forming cells in the liver of lab-rats.

Chinese herbal medicine proclaims it increases Yang (Good to Keep the Yang up!). Whilst again having a purging quality on your internal organs. Washing most toxins out of your system and out of the blood.

It's qualities also make it desirable to people involved in athletic competition due to its steroid like effects.

Said to be one of those things you have to take every day for the rest of your life to see the benefits of its use.

Oh and as for my last blood test results, abnormal, so their you go I am no longer human! LOL

The Myrrh gives the White Gold formula a very sweet, necter like aftertaste, that resides in your mouth for a substancial time.

I was on the local buses yesterday and a kid who was clearly unwell sat next to me sniffling and spluttering. Did I catch anything? No! no even a runny nose! Haha!

My doctor asked me flat out; "Have you been taking any drugs?" and I stuggled to find an answer that would surfice, how do you tell your doctor that yes youve tried nearly every psycho active substance they have under the sun and that you regularly ingest large amounts of the philosophical azoth tinged with myrrh and follow it up with a regular wash down of ginseng? Rolling Eyes

Malt_Draught
Visita
Visita

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath Sat May 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Interesting stuff...

Are there any books out there that do discuss
the bible from an alchemist's perspective...?

If not, y'all should write one, it'd be a great read... Third Eye
MythMath
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  deviadah Sat May 10, 2008 3:13 pm

MythMath wrote:Are there any books out there that do discuss
the bible from an alchemist's perspective...?
Not that I know of, although there are several that touch on the subject...

Personally I am working on such a project!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Sat May 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Ginseng itself contains a lot of Ginsenosides which have been linked to it's supposed success, similar in qualities to the saponins you find in a cup of tea. Ginsenosides are rich in triterpene saponins. A steroid compound which have been found in lab results to kill the cancer forming cells in the liver of lab-rats.
The healthiest part of ginseng is its roots, and this is where the highest concentration of good chemicals come from. Interestingly enough, since the root is what we're interested in we should also note that the root system comes directly out of the ground, and since that's the case we should assume freshly harvested ginseng root contains a large amount of life energy. So what I'm getting at here is freshly harvested ginseng would be best for alchemical purposes, and it's also possible to make a stone from FRESH ginseng (unfresh will not contain enough life energy).

My doctor asked me flat out; "Have you been taking any drugs?" and I stuggled to find an answer that would surfice, how do you tell your doctor that yes youve tried nearly every psycho active substance they have under the sun and that you regularly ingest large amounts of the philosophical azoth tinged with myrrh and follow it up with a regular wash down of ginseng?
I would only let your doctor know these things in a need to know situation. Otherwise I wouldn't even say anything on this subject. One interesting thing, you might try asking your doctor about the white powder of gold and its supposed health benefits. Something like this: "Lately I've been researching health supplements and I came across some interesting information about a white powder of gold. I was wondering if you had any knowledge of it?"

He'll either tell you he doesn't know what it is, or he'll let you know what he thinks about it. Now since he's a doctor, I assume he'll probably be unaware of such a thing. In that case, just shrug it off and say nevermind.

Are there any books out there that do discuss the bible from an alchemist's perspective...?
I'm coming out with something like this in a few months, but I'm sure you already know about it since I think you responded in my book thread. I've got a lot of new information I need to p[rocess, condense, and write down.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  MythMath Sat May 10, 2008 6:16 pm

I research things daily on the net (and beyond), but I
usually don't 'leave breadcrumbs' so sometimes (often?)
I don't remember what I read or where I read it... Confused

I should keep better notes... Embarassed
MythMath
MythMath
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:32 am

Malt_Draught wrote:Their is another way to procure the red stone from the philosophers azoth (ORME's) as you know there are three fires in our art, the dry fire, the wet fire and the cold and hot fire.

In this unction we will be using the Cold & Hot fire (Alcohol) in a tincture of bdellium (Myrrh), take your powdered ORME's....

I'm still of the persuasion that in order to actually effect anything in this art you must use all three in conjunction to each other and not just two. They often say that the one fire helps the other. Fulcanelli uses the metaphor of two wheels which are interlinked and turning, the one aiding in the others growth in the Mystery of the Cathedrals... or as Artephius puts it:
We have properly three fires, without which our art cannot be perfected; and whosoever works without them takes a great deal of labor in vain.

This I believe to be the actual three fires (souce:http://www.alchemywebsite.com/anon_tre.html)
The first is the outer fire, which the Artist or watchman maketh, which the Wise Men call ignem frontem, upon which Regimen dependeth the safety or the ruin of the entire Work
The second fire is the nest wherein the Phoenix of the Philosophers hath its abode, and hatcheth itself therein ad regenerationem.
The third however is the true innate fire of the noble Sulphuris, itself to be found in radice subjecti, and is an Ingredient, and it quieteth the Mercurium and fashioneth it: that is the real Master, yea, the true Sigillum Hermetis.

Last edited by carabric on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:47 am

BeautifulEvil wrote:Please note it's very imperative that you do not exceed the maximum heat of 120F, the heat must not be direct, but rather it should be very gentle, and the container should be free of air and sealed shut (also well luted). Slowly the white powder will begin to change colors, and after proper time it will turn yellow, then orange, then a red color. The red stone should not be used for medicine (since it contains ammonium nitrate), but can be used for transmutation of metals, and perhaps as a super fertilizer for plants.

It's strange that your temperature is so low. In Mystery of the Cathedrals Fulcanelli states that the fourth degree of the fire would be closer to 1200 degrees (pg.127), and this would be in the red work. In this section of the book he's dealing with the dry path, but in effect the high temperature mentioned is generally seen as a constant throughout the alchemical history be it wet or dry paths. It's the reason why David Hudson believes (in my opinion wrongly) that alchemist used furnaces built into volcanic mountains or some such nonsense. Have you actually performed a transmutation with this material? Again I'm more of the persuasion that what you and many others are working on are just the "particulars" mentioned throughout the historic record and not necessarily the true red stone...this of course is just my opinion
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:07 pm

It's strange that your temperature is so low. In Mystery of the Cathedrals Fulcanelli states that the fourth degree of the fire would be closer to 1200 degrees (pg.127), and this would be in the red work.
Please keep in mind this stone is probably not the stone described by Fulcanelli. Because there are many stones, and not just a single one.

Have you actually performed a transmutation with this material?
When the white stone from the urine path is digested (Balneo Mary) with the white earth from urine (ammonium nitrate) in a small amount of distilled water, it does indeed transmutate base metals. When the white stone is by itself, it will not easily transmute base metals, but when the metal you're using has a small amount of antimony in it (as an alloy), the white stone does indeed transmute it to gold. It's quite difficult to get the white stone to turn red, and takes many months, but apparently this is not needed since I've seen research stating otherwise.

I know of a guy that transmutated 100grams of lead using the digested ammonium nitrate white stone, and ended up with 5 grams of gold, and 2 grams of platinum. This stone was still unripe, and not in the red stage.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  carabric Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:45 pm

BeautifulEvil wrote:
Please keep in mind this stone is probably not the stone described by Fulcanelli. Because there are many stones, and not just a single one.
I suppose we'll just agree to disagree on this one since I'm of the firm, and easily verified by the historic record, belief that there is in fact one and only one true stones of red and white.

When the white stone is by itself, it will not easily transmute base metals, but when the metal you're using has a small amount of antimony in it (as an alloy), the white stone does indeed transmute it to gold. It's quite difficult to get the white stone to turn red, and takes many months, but apparently this is not needed since I've seen research stating otherwise.

Do you have pictures to prove this transmutation? And have you assayed any of your transmutations? For what it's worth, the true white stone is historically only able to transmute base metals to silver as I'm sure you're aware. However throughout the historic record you will find mention of a white powdery "particular" that when sandwiched between sheets of silver a few of gold & this is all placed between sheets of horn then heated thoroughly to a red hot color you would then find in the interim more gold then what you started with. The gold in this process is what steers the silver towards it's higher potential while the white powder acts as the medium to affect it. These things are nothing new but get "discovered" every hundred years or so. Philalethes makes very brief mention of these. And while indeed this is a true transmutation it is in effect not the true white stone...of which there are many tests other then just transmutation which may be effected on it to see if it is the bona fide real thing.

I would very much like to see the research you have been studying that you said states otherwise in regard to the red stone. As far as the many months that it may take to go from white to red, while this is true if you follow the true wet path it is brought about within 8 days by the dry way, provided you know what you're doing.

I know of a guy that transmutated 100grams of lead using the digested ammonium nitrate white stone, and ended up with 5 grams of gold, and 2 grams of platinum. This stone was still unripe, and not in the red stage.

But did you see it happen? There are questions which you can ask about any true transmutation that even if you weren't there are good indicators that it is something centered in truth and less of a tall tale...or the never ending "I know a guy who knows a guy who did etc..." If you ever want those questions I'll send them to you if you're ever in doubt or dubious of someones claims, of which I always am.
carabric
carabric
Terrae
Terrae

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:05 am

I suppose we'll just agree to disagree on this one since I'm of the firm, and easily verified by the historic record, belief that there is in fact one and only one true stones of red and white.
I understand what you're trying to say, and yeah, we'll definitely have to agree to disagree on this one. Wink

Do you have pictures to prove this transmutation? And have you assayed any of your transmutations? For what it's worth, the true white stone is historically only able to transmute base metals to silver as I'm sure you're aware.
I do have pictures of this, and you can contact me through PM. I'll show you a few, but be aware I did not try a very large transmutation with this. I have not had a chance to assay them yet, so I guess there could be a possibility of false gold, but then this is very small since I know others who have used the same method and achieved definite results. Yeah, I was aware about the historical issue of the white stone and silver. I've thought possibly they might've mistaken platinum for silver, but this is probably unlikely since chemical tests will prove otherwise.

However throughout the historic record you will find mention of a white powdery "particular" that when sandwiched between sheets of silver a few of gold & this is all placed between sheets of horn then heated thoroughly to a red hot color you would then find in the interim more gold then what you started with.
Yes, I've heard of this. I'm not sure about the particular white powder, but I do have my thoughts on it. The horn contains ammonium bicarbonate, and it would probably be more efficient if this salt is extracted from the horn first. I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe the ammonium ion is partially responsible for the transmutation.

But did you see it happen? There are questions which you can ask about any true transmutation that even if you weren't there are good indicators that it is something centered in truth and less of a tall tale...or the never ending "I know a guy who knows a guy who did etc..." If you ever want those questions I'll send them to you if you're ever in doubt or dubious of someones claims, of which I always am.
I did not see it happen, but I have no reason to believe otherwise. The individual posted a very detailed pdf file detailing all the steps. In the end, after he dissolved the lead & iron crucible in nitric acid he was left with a black insoluble substance. This substance was then analyzed to contain around 2gr palladium & 5gr gold. I probably shouldn't say very much on this since I haven't asked permission from the individual. I should also state that he said the lead was 100% pure, and I highly doubt the iron contained any palladium or gold. So where did it come from? It's really a good question!
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

The Red Stone of Urine Empty Great work done buy Johan Isaac HOLLANDUS

Post  Pugsilver Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:36 am

I think this is most intresting thanks to Johan Isaac HOLLANDUS
Take our Stone in its coarseness such as it comes out of the minera of man. Understand well what I am saying! Put it into a wide, glass vessel and add the powdered gold leaves. Pour on this some of our Stone, which must be old and well settled and purified. Pour of the Stone, two fingers; width over the gold. Set the vessel with gold and the Stone of summer into the heat of the sun. A white-golden skin or oil will form on top. Remove it carefully with a feather, in such a way that you move the matter as little as possible. Put it ninto a glass. Proceed in this way several times a day, removing the oil till no more oil forms on top. Thus you can obtain oleum solis with our Stone in its coarseness, as it comes out of a man’s minera.

Understand well what I have hinted at here, because there has never been a greater secret in nature concerning our Stone, which also, in spite of its coarseness, transforms gold into oil. And very many artists have sought this secret but have not found it. Therefore, be grateful to God, etc. If then this our Stone accomplishes this in its crude stage, just imagine what it will do when it is perfected and united with the spirit and soul, and is fixed subtle and fusible. Do ponder over my words, so that you do not do useless work
Then this on the oil of gold very similiar by John French - The Art of Distillation under DR. ANTHONY'S FAMOUS AURUM POTABILE AND OIL OF GOLD
Take the urine of a healthy man drinking wine
moderately. Put it into a gourd which you must stop close, and set in horse dung for the space
of forty days. Then distill it by alembic in sand into a large receiver until all the humidity be
distilled off. Rectify this spirit by cohobation three times so that the spirit only may rise. Then
distill it in sand by a glass with a long neck having a large receiver annexed and closed very
well to it, and the spirit will be elevated into the top of the vessel like crystal without any
aqueous humidity accompanying of it. Let this distillation be continued until all the spirits be
risen. These crystals must be dissolved in distilled rain water and be distilled as before. This
must be done six times and every time you must take fresh rain water distilled. Then put these
crystals into a glass bolt head, close hermetically, and set in the moderate heat of a balneum
for the space of fifteen days so that they may be reduced into a most clear liquor. To this
liquor add an equal weight of spirit of wine, very well rectified, and let them be digested in
balneum the space of twelve days, in which time they will be united.
Then take the calx of gold above said, and pour upon it of these united spirits as much as will
cover them three fingers breadth. Digest them in a gentle heat until the liquor be tinged as red
as blood. Decant off the tincture and put on more of the aforesaid spirits and do as before until
all the tincture be extracted. Then put all the tincted spirits together and digest them ten or
twelve days, after which time abstract the spirit with a gentle heat and cohobate it once. And
then the calx will remain in the bottom like an oil as red as blood and of a pleasant odor, and
which will be dissolved in any liquor. Wherefore this oil may be the succedaneum of true
gold.
I left the calxing part out to shorten it

Pugsilver
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

I like the connection you're making there. It is a very interesting thing we should ponder on. I remember reading the Art of Distillation a night or two ago. I analyzed the aurum potabile section very well, and Dr Anthony's formula is indeed thought provoking.

I wonder if Dr Anthony's formula would work with a "dead" source of sal ammoniac.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down