Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone

+2
deviadah
Windtunnel
6 posters

Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty Spagyric sorcerer's Stone

Post  Windtunnel Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Would the combination of the following tinctures in creating this stone be safe to ingest?
Black Nightshade
Blackthorn
Basil
Solomon's Seal
Wormwood
Orris Root

All of these herbs have a history for sorcery, except maybe basil but it enhances psychic awareness so much I had to add it.
I also want to make a stone of the dead using several herbs that were devoted to necromancy.

Windtunnel
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty Re: Spagyric sorcerer's Stone

Post  deviadah Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm not sure, but you should always proceed cautiously when dealing with any intake of subtances - that goes for McDonalds and the like too!

Welcome to Alchemy Forums, by the way!

Third Eye
deviadah
deviadah
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-10-08

http://deviadah.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Windtunnel Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:11 pm

O man nevermind I read nightshade is extremely poisionous, boy that was a close one lol

Windtunnel
Prima Materia
Prima Materia

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:30 pm

If you want an alchemical medicine to consume then search for "ormus gold" on google.

Good luck.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://www.englishgematria.com

Back to top Go down

Post  monkeyblood Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:30 am

BE,there are some...Dan Winter being the only one that springs to mind immediately....that are concerned about the addictive quality of mono-atomic gold.What are your thoughts on this?

monkeyblood
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Back to top Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty Nightshade is deadly

Post  harveydent Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:57 am

Yay, just saw your post and yes that was a very close one, nightshade (belladona) named my cat after it by the way, contains amongst other things atropine, so if youd ingested it, you would have felt your muscles freezing up just before it killed you.

Heres just a few of the ones to steer well clear of;

Monkshood, Foxgloves (digitalis), Jimson Weed, Henbane, Ergot (more a fungus than a herb), All varietys of toadstole including Amenita mushrooms, Devils Apple, Hemlock (socraties died from drinking it). Their are others but those are just some of them, monkshood, looks like parsley, but if you ate it your guts would disolve from the inside out, leaving blisters around your mouth on the way out!

Foxgloves give you a heart attack, digitalis is used in heart medication.

Those are just some of the delightful ways to die from some of these highly poisonous herbs and plants, buy a herbal, they are priceless and keep you safe!

By the way what do you mean by Blackthorn, are you refering to Devils Apple? If so you are choosing some choice ways of killing yourself!

Last edited by harveydent on Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BTW)

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:02 pm

BE,there are some...Dan Winter being the only one that springs to mind immediately....that are concerned about the addictive quality of mono-atomic gold.What are your thoughts on this?
I've heard of this! I'm not sure really, there isn't enough scientific evidence to really conclude that this is the case. There are many stories out there, but I've yet to decide if this information is true or not. If m-state gold does increase life far more than any other substance, and if it's addictive, then I say it's still a plus. You're living much longer, but the only catch is you must continue to consume m-state gold. This brings to mind the "story" of the annunaki, and planet-x. There is indeed a connection, but to what extent the connection exists - I'm not sure.

Ergot (more a fungus than a herb)
There has been evidence that ergot is not as poisonous as we once thought! I am a member of the entheogen.com forum, and there's a rather long thread involving the use of ergot and the kykeon of the greeks.

Many people have tried small amounts 1-10 grams and are still alive. Let me dig up the thread real quick. Here it is: http://www.entheogen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8998

Last edited by BeautifulEvil on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty Ergot

Post  harveydent Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Its also utilized in the manufacture of Lyseric, well erm, LSD basically, cant pronounce the last bit, but if you ingested it as is on a corn stalk, believe me youd wish you hadnt.

They didnt call it Saint Anthony's fire for nothing Wink

First the fever and then the sweats, followed by hallucinations as your mind slowly goes on the boil, I heard people lost limbs and things when parts of their body went gangerous. Nice! Cool

LSD dosnt boil your brain as far as I am aware, but ergot culture just might.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:38 pm

While it's true that St. Anthony's fire was related to ergot poisoning, one must remember that this type of poisoning tends to occur at high concentrations and prolonged use. Also, there are many types of ergot fungus, and some are more poisonous than others. However, most often a small amount will not cause these problems. This is apparent if you do research.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty You eat it then

Post  harveydent Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:00 am

LOL, you munch on it then, I'll stick with my lowly mushroom... Evil

When the devil does turn up I will stand happily to her left, and take her place before she fell from grace.

Samael, Zamiel, Belial, Ashtroth, Mammon, oh how her names are meny and those who heed her call are legion, lo! I beheld a pale horse (mind) and he that sat upon it was death (transformation).

Funny thing that, I recall the Dragon spoken of in the old testament had seven heads, damn it, 7 sure is a mystical number!

Pax, pax, en nominae corvus, rex!

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 am

LOL, you munch on it then, I'll stick with my lowly mushroom...
Heh, I understand what you mean. The ergot isn't meant to be consumed while in its natural state. Once it's added to water, I believe it is "purfied" somehow or another, and doesn't become AS dangerous. There is significant evidence that ergot was indeed used in the recipe for the kykeon. When prepared properly, one shouldn't experience any negative side effects.

Even mushrooms have side effects (nausea is sometime apparent during 15-60 minutes after ingestion).
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Spagyric sorcerer's Stone Empty Depends..

Post  harveydent Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:54 pm

Depends on the mushroom. If you ate Fly Agaric, then yes you would hurl your guts up and be doubled up in agony (followed by speradic visions of the here-after, some people slip into a coma, depending on the dose, usually recovering, but its said to be akin to being rapped by the devil!).

Whereas a psilocybin shroom would give you a happy time looking at Mr Potatoe head.

Amanita Virosa on the other hand, dissolves yours kidneys and liver. So it's always good to know which one is which, you dont want to mistake one for a horse mushroom and eat it by mistake (I hear they taste gorgeous btw!) but deadly.

No antidote.. What the hell! <--Woah I made a clickable head.

harveydent
Interiora
Interiora

Back to top Go down

Post  WCH Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:59 am

Fly Agaric is indeed poisonous, but it's not as poisonous as you make it out to be. It contains two important chemicals... muscimol (an entheogen) and ibotenic acid (an insecticide which is also toxic to humans); it seems to me that extracting these two chemicals -- or perhaps converting ibotenic acid into muscimol -- is exactly what spagyric alchemy is for, isn't it? Anybody know a method to do so?

Ergot... someone mentioned its relationship to LSD. Ergot contains a whole bunch of different chemicals, all of which have different effects, and including several lysergic acid amides (LSA). LSD is what you get when you synthesize pure lysergic acid with a chemical called diethylamide, creating d-lysergic acid diethylamide 25, aka LSD. Don't get your hopes up of doing this yourself, though, as diethylamide is next to impossible to obtain, unless you work at a rubber factory. If you do want to experiment with lysergic acid (LSA will still have an entheogenic effect, just that it's far less potent than LSD), stay away from ergot and instead use the seeds of either of a couple flowers: Morning Glory, and Hawaiian Baby Woodrose. Note that both of them also contain toxins (just, way less than ergot does. At worst you'll have headaches, more likely some nausea, nothing too serious), so tincture carefully. As an aside, ergot is also an abortificant... it used to be used by midwifes to induce labour, and labour before the fetus is ready to survive is also known as a miscarriage. Stay well away from it if you're pregnant.

Re: nausea from psilocybin mushrooms, that varies widely from person to person. Interestingly, the largest cause of the nausea is not from a toxin in the mushroom but rather an instinctive response brought on when the brain realises that there's a fungus dissolving in the mouth. Basically says "ack! That looks like a mushroom! Get it out of here!" and sends the appropriate signals. As a user, this puts you in a difficult position, because it means that you will be far less likely to experience nausea if the mushrooms are only in your mouth for long enough to swallow them without choking -- but because the fastest mode of absorption is through the mucus membrane, the longer you leave them in your mouth, the quicker the onset.

Belladonna... yeah. AKA "deadly nightshade." They weren't kidding when they named it that, it's bad stuff... although it has been used as an entheogen in very small doses. Basically, it's a deliriant, and as bad as they come. Other deliriants you may be familiar with are datura (someone mentioned in this thread by its other name, Jimson Weed) and diphenhydramine (aka Benadryrl, a powerful but over the counter antihistimine and nausea blocker). Don't assume that because deliriants are hallucinogenic that this means they're fun... they aren't. It's more like having a high fever and not being able to tell whether you're dreaming or awake, for hours on end.

(sorry for lengthy post. Psychoactive drugs are my specialty, and I know way more about them than I do about alchemy, so I feel more qualified to talk about them, and hopefully in exchange somebody can teach me how to make tinctures of them or something)
WCH
WCH
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  BeautifulEvil Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:48 am

Very good post WCH!

Entheogens are also a specialty of mine. Smile

No antidote.. What the hell! <--Woah I made a clickable head.
It's interesting you mentioned this. I recently read an article on the drastic benefits of magnesium chloride. Supposedly it's a UNIVERSAL antidote, and also a UNIVERSAL medicine.
BeautifulEvil
BeautifulEvil
Occultum
Occultum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down