Alchemy Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual Calcination

+9
Oroboros
m1thr0s
Sa(l)vage
Israel
BeautifulEvil
aethegoths
Gunderic Mollusk
LadyHydralisk
deviadah
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spiritual Calcination - Page 2 Empty Definitely

Post  jgarrett Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 pm

BeautifulEvil wrote:We should all remember the point of calcination is the removal of any of the impure volatile components of the matter. In the end, you're left with the non-volatile bare essentials of the substance. This is the best thing about true egoloss and calcination of the ego, one is left with the pure essentials of the body/mind. If done properly (i.e. one unites the Mercury and Sulfur with the calcined Salt), this will turn you into the living Stone, and you shall be a light to all others.

This goes for both physical and psychological/spiritual alchemy.

I agree with this for sure, though I am trying to always keep the fire on under my ego, so the impurities get out, and stay out. This process is fairly painfull for me, and I have been blessed with some lucid dream integration to help my ego "play" situations and confront the reality of them. They must be kept under close watch, as someone else here stated "on a leash". I feel this is important untill all is complete. As stated in places, I feel this is where Distillation is an important, eventual stage, where there is a final purified ego as a result.

Psychologically, Distillation is the agitation and sublimation of psychic forces is necessary to ensure that no impurities from the inflated ego or deeply submerged id are incorporated into the next and final stage. Personal Distillation consists of a variety of introspective techniques that raise the content of the psyche to the highest level possible, free from sentimentality and emotions, cut off even from one’s personal identity. Distillation is the purification of the unborn Self, all that we truly are and can be.

Regards
jgarrett
jgarrett
Visita
Visita

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-15

http://www.luxormedia.org

Back to top Go down

Spiritual Calcination - Page 2 Empty Re: Spiritual Calcination

Post  solomon levi Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:31 pm

In the old days, alchemists would calcine with large magnifying lenses which focused the rays of the sun.

When one practices self-observation, one practices calcination.

I'm reminded of the non-dual observation:
"Only the ego would want to destroy (perfect, improve, transcend, etc.) the ego." Smile

solomon levi
Rectificando
Rectificando

Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Salazius Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am

Yes, Solomon levi, today we can use the Fresnel lens in the biggest model to do that.
I saw on a forum that it can even melt a stone ...

Salazius
Salazius
Salazius
Interiora
Interiora

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down